2024 Joseph Ionata 3* OL from Clearwater

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Was offered in December and is coming to Junior Day. FSU legacy BUT his dad played with Stroud.

@PIPO says he has contacts here and will periodically update us on what he hears.

Advertisement
Croot on the U interview talking about his UM offer. He also said he went up against the #1 edge in the nation from Berkley prep (Keon Keeley).

Advertisement

Joseph Ionata is an in-state interior offensive lineman who definitely looks the part and that Miami has recruited heavily. He’s pushing back on the notion that Miami doesn’t have a college atmosphere after what he saw on Saturday. He believes the love he’s receiving from Miami is “unmatched” and it’s likely Miami lands one of those official visits. A summer commitment could be on the horizon with Georgia Tech, Florida, Ole Miss, and UCF have been doing a good job, but the national champs have been starting to surface in this recruitment.

Official visit news

Clearwater (Fla.) Cavalry Christian 2024 interior offensive lineman Joseph Ionata walked into his unofficial Miami visit with the Hurricanes leading the pack among his group of top schools. He left Coral Gables knowing he’ll return this summer for an official visit.

The Hurricanes had been pushing for Ionata to lock in an official visit and got their wish during his Saturday unofficial trip to Miami. It marked the first time Ionata was able to interact with offensive line coach Alex Mirabal in practice and classroom settings, and Ionata loved his time around the Hurricanes’ associate head coach.

“It’s really impressive,” Ionata said. “I had a practice plan he gave us yesterday and had us take notes on. This thing was labeled out, and it shows the dedication he has to this offensive line and improving this team as a whole. I’m blown away, really.”

Ionata was convinced by mid-afternoon he would be back in some capacity and locked in his official visit by early evening. He spent extensive time around Mirabal, who has led his recruiting effort along with head coach Mario Cristobal. The staff is recruiting him at all five positions but has spent extensive time talking to him about playing as a long, athletic center.

“He really just wanted me to take it in, learn from the guys he has now,” Ionata said. “Learn from the guys that are doing well, learn what’s not working from some of the guys. I think that’s really important to see the level of play Miami is expecting and how they’re coaching their guys up.”

The 6-foot-4, 260-pound lineman loved Mirabal’s intensity in a practice setting and feels he’s capable of bringing out the best in each of his players.

“(Just seeing) him getting on guys not in an angry way, but he’ll coach you up and coach you right,” Ionata said. “He’ll (also) be right there to pat you on the back and tell you good job, so I think that’s really impressive. …I want to be coached hard, I want to be the best player I can be. So him doing that really means a lot.”

CaneSport’s Take

Florida
, Ole Miss and Georgia Tech are other programs high on Ionata’s radar, but he said coming into the visit that the Hurricanes are at the top of his group of lead schools. And after this visit, it feels like the Hurricanes have solidified their spot at the top of his radar.

Miami being the first program to receive an official visit should be some indication of how Ionata feels about the Canes.

Advertisement
Seems like the staff is really good at getting OL players that are underrated, even when sites have them lower ranked. This guy is mid 80s on 247. But you gonna find size, length [pause] and the ability to move. Pierre Louis as well falls into that category. Boi was hauling on that 4x1 anchor.

When they do the autopsy on why the Billy Napier era was a failure, one of the key pieces will be Mario and Alex beating the **** out of UF on the trail for OL. This kid is a natural Gator, and we're going to take him away from them. LFG.

EAEC27DE-4869-4E49-A60A-9084F7594CAC.gif

Interviewed on Sebastian Lane tonight. Key Highlights:

1. Cristobal and multiple staff members text him daily [based on what I've seen w/Mario so far, this means he's a priority]
  2. Close friends with Eddy Pierre-Louis. Came down last weekend with Eddy
  3. Both he and Eddy Pierre-Louis said the vibe at Miami is like no other school and they've seen a lot. Its amazing
  4. Plans on committing by the end of the summer.
  5. He's an FSU legacy. Discussed his father's role. Father is staying completely neutral. Rasta said he's going to try to do an edit w/Joseph and his father.
Edit: now links direct to the interview

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is this a finger up in the air click bait crystal ball or is there conviction behind it?

Advertisement
Is this a finger up in the air click bait crystal ball or is there conviction behind it?

Not sure what they are called exactly, but they log as "intel." That usually leads to a shift in probability, causing a new RPM leader.

It's all pretty cheesy, but it's corroborative. Does feel like he's trending our way.

I haven't watched his tape yet. Need to!

Clearwater (Fla.) Cavalry Christian 2024 interior offensive lineman Joseph Ionata walked into his unofficial Miami visit with the Hurricanes leading the pack among his group of top schools. He left Coral Gables knowing he’ll return this summer for an official visit.
Did this article ever state the exact date for the official visit?

He plays locally for me. The real football in our area is just a handful of schools. He is not playing at one of those schools. I will see what I can learn.

Miami OV confirmed. I think this quote is telling

“We did talk to coach (Mario) Cristobal about an official,” Ionata shared. “We are working on a date. That is the only one I have talked to a coach about.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back