Jose Borregales

drewm3i

Junior
Is he the best kicker we have ever had? Has to be the best since Sievers or Bosher, but so far he is better. A crazy stat I saw: Borregales was 5 of 7 last year on kicks of OVER 50 YARDS! That is just incredible! Huge pick up by Diaz and I hope he will stay for next year, but he is the most NFL-ready kicker i have ever seen.

Advertisement
We had a baller kicker (UF transfer who was the #1 kicker out of high school) a few years ago. Can't remember his name.

Borregales is a stud but let's not crown him quite yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why close the thread as Carlos was not a world beater that’s why he wasn’t successful in NFL
The greatness of a COLLEGE player is not diminished by his NFL career. Huerta was not really interested in a lengthy NFL career because he was smart as a whip (educationally). He had bigger sights than just kicking a football. He also had an interesting sense of humor. Back in his day at Miami the goal width of the goal post were changed. I forget how many feet in they were moved to make then narrower. Someone from the media asked Carlos what he thought of the new width. His response was "they didn't move the center, did they?"

BTW....Carlos was money. The most consistent place kicker ever at Miami. Let's hope Borregales continues to rival his accomplishments.

I just love the fact that the kicking game is once again automatic

a huge step towards being back

now we just need to up our returns

The greatness of a COLLEGE player is not diminished by his NFL career. Huerta was not really interested in a lengthy NFL career because he was smart as a whip (educationally). He had bigger sights than just kicking a football.
Umm. No.

I agree with everything else you wrote, but Carlos definitely wanted a career in football. He kicked professionally for 8-9 years, mostly on ****** Arena League and CFL backup roles.

You make it sound as if he had a multi-million dollar business to run somewhere, he’s a dude who just wanted to kick and didn’t do so well professionally.

Umm. No.

I agree with everything else you wrote, but Carlos definitely wanted a career in football. He kicked professionally for 8-9 years, mostly on ****** Arena League and CFL backup roles.

You make it sound as if he had a multi-million dollar business to run somewhere, he’s a dude who just wanted to kick and didn’t do so well professionally.
OK, I see your point. But it still doesn't diminish what he did at Miami!

Advertisement
Umm. No.

He didn't have the strongest leg, but he had an accurate leg. Anything within 45 or so he was going to make.

Kid made a huge business decision and its paying off. Showcasing 50yarders on primetime at UM, as opposed to never being heard of at fiu.

Advertisement
Did Huerta kick FGs using a tee? Back in those days a lot of college PKs whiffed in the NFL, where tees weren’t allowed.

Odonell was a punter
And he transferred from Cincinnati. I personally knew him and my brother filmed his recruiting highlight videos. Remember seeing mark richt at Palm Beach Central scouting him while at UGA. O'donnell is a **** of a punter and kicker.

Advertisement
Back