Jorge Baez Joining the Staff

Advertisement
Does anyone know what Miami hired him to be?

Not sure yet, no one will be fired though. He will just be an extra assistant and will be able to recruit. Similar to Hurlie Browns old job.

If he can recruit, he must be replacing someone. You can't just add extra coaches.
It was director of player personnel, Matt Doherty had the job previously but left, and Hurlie Brown had that position as well before becoming an actual coach.

Last edited:

Not sure yet, no one will be fired though. He will just be an extra assistant and will be able to recruit. Similar to Hurlie Browns old job.

If he can recruit, he must be replacing someone. You can't just add extra coaches.
It was director of player personnel, Matt Doherty had the job previously but left, and Hurlie Brown had that position as well before becoming an actual coach.

Don't think he left. He is a very good guy, and does a great job.

Don't think he left. He is a very good guy, and does a great job.
Yep I screwed up, Matt is still in place, Baez will be the assistant director of player personnel.

Advertisement
Baez is a nice pickup. He'll do well on the recruiting trail. Amazingly enough, someone needs to neutralize Genron and others like him. Hopefully, a local guy can be that dude.

So what had Baez done that this is such a magnificent hire. I don't know anything about him so how could he help? I knew of ice stature and how he could help but please inform me more on Baez. I know he will help out immediately with Gulliver.

So what had Baez done that this is such a magnificent hire. I don't know anything about him so how could he help? I knew of ice stature and how he could help but please inform me more on Baez. I know he will help out immediately with Gulliver.

Also a South Florida Express coach.

Well respected coach that helps with studs at Gulliver and also coached SFE. He knows the area extremely well and recruited it heavily while coaching at southern and ole miss.

Advertisement

We can ask this same question with coaches we already have on the staff. At least he can recruit more than i can say about others who already coach for Miami

How much has this hire can be attributed to some of the recent commits?

it's only played a part with Mullins. but it will pllay a bigger role with Cedrick Wright (elite 2016 Safety) Joesph Jackson (2016 DL) and Robert Burns (2017 RB/LB)

Advertisement
1.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back