Jordan Miller - 3 star - Commits!!!

With the Jennings connection, why are we just now knowing about this kid? Good lord. Let's step up our recruiting. I'm not even ****ed about the low rating. At this point I'm for signing **** near every big body that can move. My issue is apparently we weren't the first to evaluate the kid, when we actually should have been. Inexcusable.

"Inexcusable" lmaoo. This brainless grandstanding that goes on in this board is hilarious

Last edited:
Advertisement
With the Jennings connection, why are we just now knowing about this kid? Good lord. Let's step up our recruiting. I'm not even ****ed about the low rating. At this point I'm for signing **** near every big body that can move. My issue is apparently we weren't the first to evaluate the kid, when we actually should have been. Inexcusable.

"Inexcusable" lmaoo. That brainless grandstanding that goes on in this board is hilarious

Maybe you don't know the definition of inexcusable. It's impossible to excuse or justify. Bottom line is with our connection we should have known about the kid first.

From TOS:

"This is what BJ Jennings dad, who is the LB and strength and conditioning coach at this kids H.S. had to say about him:
"He’s 6-4, 330 and he can move. He’s a big, strong kid, is very physical, agile. He’s a good, humble kid, very smart and intelligent. I actually went through and evaluated a lot of kids coming out in his class - if he was being promoted and people knew about him that’s a 4 or 5 star kid.”

"Mandarin High head coach Bernard Harrell coached against Williams this past year said this:"

“He’s the real deal. He emerged out of nowhere. We played him and we couldn’t block him. I was like `Who is this kid?’”

"More from BJ Jennings dad:"

"Miami got the film last night, and this morning coach (Mark) Richt called with an offer,” said Jennings, who played at Florida State. “This kid, he’s legit, the real deal. I think he’s going to be a great one. I played with some really good D linemen playing at Florida State, but this kid is amazing, man. It’s hard to find kids that size, it’s very rare you find them that size that can come off the ball like him and stay low, penetrate through the holes and seek the ball out the way he does. He hustles, flies to the ball, it’s very rare in a kid his size."

"BJ's dads final thoughts on him:"

“I almost bet you that Miami’s the frontrunner now,” Jennings said. “He’s going to be really a dominant player for Miami. I think Miami got a steal. This is bigger than a sleeper. He’s unbelievable. He wrecks everything you put it in front of him. He blows up double teams and still makes the plays. I don’t think anyone can block the kid one on one.”

Hmmmm. As long as we don't whiff on all our other guys, I am fine with this kid in the class. A few projects and diamonds in the rough in every class is a GOOD thing. These kids come in with attitude and hungry to prove everyone wrong. These 5* kids like DJ Johnson have people enabling them for years, and they think it should be given to them. Lingard is the exception to that obviously.

Some high school coaches just suck at promoting their players. Pruitt also just recently received his film and immediately offered and even did an in home visit Wednesday. Tennessee already has 4 DTs committed so it's not a desperation offer either.

What I'm saying is we have a kid on our team whose father is a coach. Just should be better communication imo. When we have a connection like that, it should be to our advantage.

this

I’ll say this as I’ve said before, the issue with DT recruiting was last year only taking 1. This staff clearly didn’t expect the attrition of Norton and McIntosh which they should of had a plan just in case.

I think they learned from this as evidenced by the trench recruiting so far in 2019.

In terms of this year, let’s see how they close before judging. In my mind:

Nesta (Home run)
And 2 of Briggs/Chatman/Miller

Is a good haul and will help get the numbers right looking at 2019 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
From TOS:

"This is what BJ Jennings dad, who is the LB and strength and conditioning coach at this kids H.S. had to say about him:
"He’s 6-4, 330 and he can move. He’s a big, strong kid, is very physical, agile. He’s a good, humble kid, very smart and intelligent. I actually went through and evaluated a lot of kids coming out in his class - if he was being promoted and people knew about him that’s a 4 or 5 star kid.”

"Mandarin High head coach Bernard Harrell coached against Williams this past year said this:"

“He’s the real deal. He emerged out of nowhere. We played him and we couldn’t block him. I was like `Who is this kid?’”

"More from BJ Jennings dad:"

"Miami got the film last night, and this morning coach (Mark) Richt called with an offer,” said Jennings, who played at Florida State. “This kid, he’s legit, the real deal. I think he’s going to be a great one. I played with some really good D linemen playing at Florida State, but this kid is amazing, man. It’s hard to find kids that size, it’s very rare you find them that size that can come off the ball like him and stay low, penetrate through the holes and seek the ball out the way he does. He hustles, flies to the ball, it’s very rare in a kid his size."

"BJ's dads final thoughts on him:"

“I almost bet you that Miami’s the frontrunner now,” Jennings said. “He’s going to be really a dominant player for Miami. I think Miami got a steal. This is bigger than a sleeper. He’s unbelievable. He wrecks everything you put it in front of him. He blows up double teams and still makes the plays. I don’t think anyone can block the kid one on one.”

End thread as far as I’m concerned. I’m sold. Jennings pops is an OG from the city. If he says he can ball, he can ball.

Meant to upvote, not neg. my bad.

I like him better than Briggs.....jmo

We need a 1-Tech way more than another 3-Tech. He passes the eye test. He's played good comp in high school. He's got great size. Seems like a good kid who is coachable.

I think he's worth the gamble. I like him.

Highlights look better than I expected. Kid lines up 0-tech and 1-tech and pushed through a lot of double teams. Big-bodied with quick burst and athleticism for his size. Lots of plays of him chasing down QBs and RBs tells me he's athletic and doesn't quit on plays. He came out of his stance a little high on a few of these highlights, but mostly stays low and keeps his leverage. But he was knifing through the A gap on some of these highlights, so he's not just a bull rusher... he's got agility.

It’s not like we are loaded with options. We need to take him if he wants to come. Hopefully, the nesta smoke is nonsense and he sticks, but even if he does, do people trust Briggs and Chatman? Briggs has already made us look dumb once and Chatman is in love with every school he talks to. Need to keep nesta and add miller while praying we can get at least one of Chatman and Briggs. Meyer and Saban never let their numbers get too low on dl. We need the same. 20 great secondary guys won’t matter if the q.b has all day.

Advertisement

Some high school coaches just suck at promoting their players. Pruitt also just recently received his film and immediately offered and even did an in home visit Wednesday. Tennessee already has 4 DTs committed so it's not a desperation offer either.

What I'm saying is we have a kid on our team whose father is a coach. Just should be better communication imo. When we have a connection like that, it should be to our advantage.

Sandalwood's coaches should have sent out film months ago instead of waiting 2 weeks before signing day. They even completely missed the early signing day to promote this kid. I blame their staff for the communication breakdown not ours.

It’s not like we are loaded with options. We need to take him if he wants to come. Hopefully, the nesta smoke is nonsense and he sticks, but even if he does, do people trust Briggs and Chatman? Briggs has already made us look dumb once and Chatman is in love with every school he talks to. Need to keep nesta and add miller while praying we can get at least one of Chatman and Briggs. Meyer and Saban never let their numbers get too low on dl. We need the same. 20 great secondary guys won’t matter if the q.b has all day.

I'd take him regardless of what Briggs and Chatman does. They won't be playing the same position.

I'd take him regardless of what Briggs and Chatman does. They won't be playing the same position.

I agree with this. Chatman looks like more of a SSDE now and future 3-tech.

Advertisement
Don't look like no goddam 2 star to me.

I wouldn't say he's a 5-star player. But he doesn't look like a 2-star either. Also, linemen are really hard to gauge and evaluate the most on both sides of the ball. I'd take a flyer on this kid.

I've been saying for years that I put much less stock in the star system with the big eaters in the middle. You need to recruit big athletic coachable dudes in those spots. If they're mean, that's a big check in their favor. Must have a motor too.

Too many of those high-star HS kids overdose on their own bathwater and just got by making a few highlight plays in HS and then taking the rest of the game off.

Just saw his film. Like others have said, there is no reason this kid shouldn't be a 3-4 star DT. Looks on par (or better) with several others I have seen including Briggs. Jacksonville has great football and he looked really good, explosive, had some moves and never gave up on the plays where he ended up making tackles. A lot of times big kids will stop or slow down thinking they don't have a chance, and he was running towards the ball and ended up making the tackles. That's good for a kid who is 300+ to have a motor like that.

I like the offer

Advertisement

We could have known about him for a while too...No reason to always believe what you read in interviews.

I'm not gonna lie , dude moves unreal for that size. Not much going on with his hands but kids impressive. He's definitely a better athlete than Wyche and butt plug.

Advertisement
Back