Jordan Miller - 3 star - Commits!!!

This kid will be a 3 Star in no time. Maybe even four star.

I hope we get him and all of our other top DT targets.

Advertisement
Sounds like he loves him some Tennessee. Thanks for the info Zbrod..247 annex alive & well.

Sounds like he loves him some Tennessee. Thanks for the info Zbrod..247 annex alive & well.

That bit about wearing Vols stuff as a kid makes sense now. His twitter profile pic had a picture of him as a kid in Tennessee gear. Getting the Miami offer might've changed some stuff though if we want to let twitter be our guide. The Tennessee pic is gone. He's got the Canes Duval County edit as his new twitter header too.

Last edited:

Like [MENTION=2526]fincane[/MENTION] said, the offer looked like it changed things and has our edit as a header.

The "OMG, we're so desperate we offered a two-star" posts at the beginning of this thread are so typical of this fan base.

Advertisement
So Will Muschamp at South Carolina offered him too in the last 2 weeks?
Miami, Tennessee, South Carolina, yeah he’s blowing up

If he’s picking up these offers then we need to stop fugging around with Briggs and take this kid.

Got an in-home scheduled for Monday. Hopefully that secures a visit. Tennessee is the other option.

They already have the visit for Tenn scheduled, so says his dad. We went to HS together, I hit em up on FB

Blimp: Just saw his video. Kid mentioned in an interview that we wants to get down to 315. Just how big is he? For a guy that is reported to be 330-340 he looks explosive and plays with a low pad level. Where was this guy all of this time? Did he not go to any camps? Did he have problematic grades? I just can't believe no one knew about his kid and now he is blowing up the entire SE part of the US. Truly unbelievable. Give us some clues. Thanks.

There are guys like this every year in H.S. football. There are just too many players across the country for any so-called recruiting "expert" to see or keep track of. It's not like H.S. basketball where if a guy is a stud, it's hard to not notice his talent.

Kid is giving me a Khalil Mack type of feel. Regardless, even if we pick up one of the other targets, we got take this kid. 6’4 330, u can’t teach that. Plus we have Coach Kul coaching him up, a coach known for getting the most out of lower ranked players w uber potential.

Advertisement
I think he's a take regardless. I'd take all 4(Nesta,Chatman,Briggs,Miller) if they want in. You can't look at stars in this one, he's a beast with big time potential. Bet most of y'all talking **** either haven't watched his film or posted before you did, if not you're just a poor judge of talent. If this same exact player had those 2 extra magical stars, you'd be drooling all over yourselves and calling our staff a failure if they whiffed on him. This ain't no Golden special. Stars definitely matter but they just don't always tell the whole story.

Last edited:
On the surface, Bethel and Miller may seem like fall back options, but when you look deeper, you can clearly see that they are fall back options.

Nevertheless, I actually like the fact that Bethel will be a part of our program, and Miller's film, surprising enough, looks pretty impressive.

We've had fallbacks who turned out pretty good over the years. In fact, many years ago, a staff person in the athletic Dept told me that when Albert Bentley tried to walk-on at Miami they tried to run him off. He was stubborn, persisted. Ended up a very solid NFL back, not to mention one of the guys who balled out in our first NC game.

Advertisement
Seems the plan was always to take bethel, y’all know they pushed for him to sign early in December right? The Malek Young situation pressed the issue even more. Interesting
[TWEET]957304172914921473[/TWEET]

Seems the plan was always to take bethel, y’all know they pushed for him to sign early in December right? The Malek Young situation pressed the issue even more. Interesting
[TWEET]957304172914921473[/TWEET]

Wow, he took a gamble not signing early. Could’ve blown up in his face.

I like it.

We've seen it. Very seldom do we see highlights that are filled with anything but someone's very best plays. He shows some good burst for someone at his size, but if it was that good all the time his offer sheet would be a lot more impressive. Especially when you consider that he's not exactly from an under the radar part of the football world.

But isn't that what a good strength and condition program is for? Also good coaching? You see his potential, now you get it in shape and refine his skills so he can dominate more. I'd be far more concerned if his film showed no burst at all. Young man has potential, but he needs work.

Another thing to consider is not all kids dominate at 17. It doesn't mean they won't when they are 20.
We aren't in a position to be thinking two to three years down the road at defensive tackle. There is no way to spin this, this offer doesn't suggest good things for our recruiting at DT. Add this to a rather uninspiring grad transfer from Illinois too.

OK, but how is taking no DT with that scholarship better than taking this guy? I understand the concern if this guy was taking the scholarship of a 5 star kid, but that isn't the case. Taking this guy isn't saying, "I give up" on the bigger targets. It's simply adding numbers.

Taking nobody means you get to take one more kid next year.

Alright, but how is taking one more kid NEXT year helping this coming season? It's a position of need, and kicking the can down the road solves nothing. You know how badly we've been burned in the past waiting until "next year" to grab a player?

Advertisement
So Will Muschamp at South Carolina offered him too in the last 2 weeks?
Miami, Tennessee, South Carolina, yeah he’s blowing up

If he’s picking up these offers then we need to stop fugging around with Briggs and take this kid.

Got an in-home scheduled for Monday. Hopefully that secures a visit. Tennessee is the other option.

They already have the visit for Tenn scheduled, so says his dad. We went to HS together, I hit em up on FB

Blimp: Just saw his video. Kid mentioned in an interview that we wants to get down to 315. Just how big is he? For a guy that is reported to be 330-340 he looks explosive and plays with a low pad level. Where was this guy all of this time? Did he not go to any camps? Did he have problematic grades? I just can't believe no one knew about his kid and now he is blowing up the entire SE part of the US. Truly unbelievable. Give us some clues. Thanks.

His family wanted him to focus on school, no problems he will qualify easily, but they never put much into the camp circuit. His father is a gym rat and believes that the tapes dont lie.

His family wanted him to focus on school, no problems he will qualify easily, but they never put much into the camp circuit. His father is a gym rat and believes that the tapes dont lie.

Tape doesn't lie. His first step for a guy his size is top notch. He's like a battering ram.

Early signing period is gonna open up more opportunities from big d1 schools for kids like this.

I don’t care what this kid’s star rating is, if he can ball, then he can ball. Lock this kid up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back