Jordan Lyle SR highlights

Hey James White is my guy since he is Bahamian like me and just a good cat.

He is criminally underrated and Never spoken about when speaking on s.fla guys and he had a great college career and a really really nice nfl career.

Palm Beach IS SOUTH FLORIDA GUYS ALWAYS LEAVE THEM OFF. I consider all the way to naples as south florida and up to right pass palm beach as the end of down here.

Jordan Lyle was an early priority back for OSU...He very well might have that tallet. I get the sense guys are down playing the kid...and i keep saying if he was a flip he is a BIG DAWG.

I dont know if yall remember last cycle alot treated Fletcher just like this and....he is the goods

100%

Advertisement
On body type alone I can’t see the Parrish comp, Lyle has looked significantly bigger the few games I’ve watched of theirs and it showed in his ability to stay upright through contact. I came away super impressed every time and his 3 star rating with 247 confused the **** out of me.

Don’t like losing Riley for the optics of it, but big fan of Lyle.

Hey James White is my guy since he is Bahamian like me and just a good cat.

He is criminally underrated and Never spoken about when speaking on s.fla guys and he had a great college career and a really really nice nfl career.

Palm Beach IS SOUTH FLORIDA GUYS ALWAYS LEAVE THEM OFF. I consider all the way to naples as south florida and up to right pass palm beach as the end of down here.

Jordan Lyle was an early priority back for OSU...He very well might have that tallet. I get the sense guys are down playing the kid...and i keep saying if he was a flip he is a BIG DAWG.

I dont know if yall remember last cycle alot treated Fletcher just like this and....he is the goods

Maybe Fletcher & Lyle are big time RB's. That's still TBD.

But the same "He's a stud RB because he dominated South Florida" logic was also applied to Yearby, Walton, Cam, Knighton, Chaney, Parrish & Franklin.

If you keep saying it, you're bound to hit eventually. But given our poor hit rate the last 10 years - down playing things shouldn't be unexpected.

IMG_8355.jpeg

THEYRE BROKEN MARIO YOU MAD MAN

Advertisement
Mario is doing what Saban did with Riley. Protect your home turf. Have to believe Riley was always going to flip regardless of what others did.

@Memnon comparing Lyle to Parrish is high praise given his opinion of the latter. A 15 pound heavier and faster HP should do very well behind our line.
I don't think he's better than Parrish was coming out of HS, it was just the first name that popped into my head watching his Senior HL for the first time.

He's a B+ back; not a game-changer/game-breaker, but can pick up yards as a #2 or #3 back in a committee.

Advertisement

But the same "He's a stud RB because he dominated South Florida" logic was also applied to Yearby, Walton, Cam, Knighton, Chaney, Parrish & Franklin.

If you keep saying it, you're bound to hit eventually. But given our poor hit rate the last 10 years - down playing things shouldn't be unexpected.

That's why evals matter and why they waited to push for Lyle. Production gets you noticed, but there's more than just production to identifying college ballers.

Yearby peaked, we all knew it.
Walton was mental. Kid was starting for Dolphins, that's talent.
Cam peaked, we all knew it
Chaney was injuries and possibly lack of determination. He had it and seems to still have it. Just needs to take it up one more notch which I believe he has in him. But the injuries are the primary reasons he's had setbacks.
Parrish was always who Parrish is, he.
Franklin was attitude and desire.

I don't think he's better than Parrish was coming out of HS, it was just the first name that popped into my head watching his Senior HL for the first time.

He's a B+ back; not a game-changer/game-breaker, but can pick up yards as a #2 or #3 back in a committee.

I agree he's B+ today. But JHMO, he has the frame and physicality to get to an A with proper development. I want A+ backs, don't get me wrong. But if you don't have an obvious A+ back walking through the door, a B+ with headroom is a **** good option behind our OL.

That's why evals matter and why they waited to push for Lyle. Production gets you noticed, but there's more than just production to identifying college ballers.

Yearby peaked, we all knew it.
Walton was mental. Kid was starting for Dolphins, that's talent.
Cam peaked, we all knew it
Chaney was injuries and possibly lack of determination. He had it and seems to still have it. Just needs to take it up one more notch which I believe he has in him. But the injuries are the primary reasons he's had setbacks.
Parrish was always who Parrish is, he.
Franklin was attitude and desire.

Those guys have a combined 235 rushing yds in the NFL. Those are all Walton yds - and his 4 starts were a fortunate "right place/right time", not a talent thing.

The majority of CIS swore up and down every one of them were NFL guys. A lot of people well into their career swore they wee studs.

For most - the "we all knew he peaked" realization usually doesn't kick in until after the Junior year in college.

Advertisement

I think we are on diff tracks.
Off the list you stated there are some pretty good players with production. The hit rate aint all that bad. The super star rate is thouhh which track i think you are on.

We have had sh-tty teams, poor development, bad coaching in that time period and still do so we also have that...

Looks like the kind of back we need to supplement the others. Great balance and vision, fantastic yards after first contact, keeps his feet moving and powers through arm tackles. I love his pad level; looks like a low 4.5/4.6 type runner. Thanks! @DMoney

Advertisement

Respectfully, Lyle is more physically gifted than all of these backs; none have his combination of size, speed, contact-balance & athleticism.

I think we are on diff tracks.
Off the list you stated there are some pretty good players with production. The hit rate aint all that bad. The super star rate is thouhh which track i think you are on.

We have had sh-tty teams, poor development, bad coaching in that time period and still do so we also have that...

I think we're kind of in the middle - I completely agree we've have good/productive RB's.

But the expectation is "these guys have NFL talent, they'll play in the NFL", and that didn't/hasn't happened.

Gray - No NFL
Yearby - No NFL
Walton - 2 yrs NFL - 235 rushing yds
Burns - Transfer - NFL practice squad
Cam - No NFL
Chaney - Transfer - NFL Longshot
Knighton - Transfer - NFL Longshot
Parrish - NFL Longshot
Franklin - Transfer - NFL Longshot

This isn't how people saw their careers playing out when they came in as recruits.

I mean - Yearby, Walton, Cam & Knighton were all labeled "The Next Duke Johnson" at some point in their careers.

If I told you in 2013 - "Miami is going to sign 9 top rated RB's out of Dade/Broward the next 10 years, and they'll combine for 235 NFL rushing yds" - no one would believe it. I wouldn't have believed it.

You're expecting Fletcher & Lyle, and maybe CJ to have NFL careers, right? What I'm saying is they can be really good college players, but if they don't make the NFL, they're falling short of expectations.

Last edited:
I think we're kind of in the middle - I completely agree we've have good/productive RB's.

But the expectation is "these guys have NFL talent, they'll play in the NFL", and that didn't/hasn't happened.

Gray - No NFL
Yearby - No NFL
Walton - 2 yrs NFL - 235 rushing yds
Burns - Transfer - NFL practice squad
Cam - No NFL
Chaney - Transfer - NFL Longshot
Knighton - Transfer - NFL Longshot
Parrish - NFL Longshot
Franklin - Transfer - NFL Longshot

This isn't how people saw their careers playing out when they came in as recruits.

If I told you in 2013 - "Miami is going to sign 9 top rated RB's out of Dade/Broward the next 10 years, and they'll combine for 235 NFL rushing yds" - no one would believe it. I wouldn't have believed it.

You're expecting Fletcher & Lyle, and maybe CJ to have NFL careers, right? What I'm saying is they can be really good college players, but if they don't make the NFL, they're falling short of expectations.
The bolded is where we differ.

If a kid locally comes here and rushes for 1k and has 10+ touchdowns i consider that a hit....making the nfl as a rb isnt where my expectations are because we dont have control over that.

For example in Yearby's case what exactly could um do for him as a 5'9 190 pd back who ran high 4.6's?. But he ran for 1k here. The context has to be there...and the nfl rb criteria is so here or hard to gauge its crazy to me. Check the college stats of the starting rb on my Miami Dolphins...an im not talking about Achane (hes legit)

The bolded is where we differ.

If a kid locally comes here and rushes for 1k and has 10+ touchdowns i consider that a hit....making the nfl as a rb isnt where my expectations are because we dont have control over that.

For example in Yearby's case what exactly could um do for him as a 5'9 190 pd back who ran high 4.6's?. But he ran for 1k here. The context has to be there...and the nfl rb criteria is so here or hard to gauge its crazy to me. Check the college stats of the starting rb on my Miami Dolphins...an im not talking about Achane (hes legit)
Based on our past discussions - I find it hard to believe you'd be happy if we just kept taking Dade/Broward RB's every year that never play in the NFL.

If you're not expecting NFL for Lyle, then why comp him to James White? Why would Parrish/Walton comps be underselling Lyle?

When Ajay Allen commited - I said I'm not expecting Gore/McGahee - but I am expecting guys we take to reach a Homer/Dallas level. You replied to me saying your expectations were Duke/Lamar.

If a kid runs for 1k/10 TD's - then only 1 out of our last 9 Dade/Broward would be a hit (Walton). Yearby is only other 1k rusher. The other 7 didn't get close.

I don't get the Dolphins RB example - Mostert didn't hit 1k / 10TD because he was a WR in college & Achane didn't. But Wilson, Edmonds, Gaskin, Ahmed all did (all the other RB's they've used the past 2 years).

It doesn't add up to me. IMO - it doesn't make sense if someone said something like "I comp Fletcher to Derrick Henry, but I don't expect him to make the FL"

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back