Jordan Lyle SR highlights

Advertisement
Advertisement
DMoney been pumping Lyle for about a month now lol. Obviously a plug and replace for Riley if he flips. But is there a scenario we take all 3 RBs?

Oh boy. The timing of this drop…
Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Advertisement
He's a good back, good contact balance, decisive runner (patience to the open hole and burst when it does show), and has open field moves.
He's not the type of back that if nothing opens up will hammer in a bubble for 3-4 yards, which is fine, that's not his game.

He's the type of back that will get you all the yards the OL will open for him and more, but he's not a back that will guarantee you zero negative runs all game.
He's very similar to Ajay Allen, but with better contact balance, in my opinion.

In comparison to Kevin Riley, Riley has an amazing one step and up field, perfect for OZ, Lyle does not, Riley has better power. Lyle seems like he's got a slight advantage to top gear ability and missing ability in the open field.

I'd prefer Riley, by the slightest of margin cause I'm a power guy (a la Chaney and Fletcher, i.e., on contact keep their legs moving and drag people) but this is a absolutely an amazing option. Ideally you have both cause honestly I think they complement each other quite well.

@bshaw28 would love to hear your assessment of Lyle.

I haven't watched his tape at all & appreciate your judgment.

Type wise - he's the good at everything, not great at anything type RB. All around solid, a nice take, high floor but not high ceiling type.

Talent wise - he's on a par with the RB's we had this year & similar to the Dade/Broward RB's we've been getting the last 10 years.

Style wise - I can see the Walton comparisons. Just a little leaner, a little faster, and a lot more self-awareness.

He's a good back, good contact balance, decisive runner (patience to the open hole and burst when it does show), and has open field moves.
He's not the type of back that if nothing opens up will hammer in a bubble for 3-4 yards, which is fine, that's not his game.

He's the type of back that will get you all the yards the OL will open for him and more, but he's not a back that will guarantee you zero negative runs all game.
He's very similar to Ajay Allen, but with better contact balance, in my opinion.

In comparison to Kevin Riley, Riley has an amazing one step and up field, perfect for OZ, Lyle does not, Riley has better power. Lyle seems like he's got a slight advantage to top gear ability and missing ability in the open field.

I'd prefer Riley, by the slightest of margin cause I'm a power guy (a la Chaney and Fletcher, i.e., on contact keep their legs moving and drag people) but this is a absolutely an amazing option. Ideally you have both cause honestly I think they complement each other quite well.

Agree with a lot of the first couple paragraphs including Allen comparison, although I think he's better than Allen.

50/50 on your Riley comparisons, but I think it's Riley that's faster and both have surprising power for their size. Riley is a smoother runner, and agree on then cut ability. Lyle is a little shiftier with EXCELLENT balance. The one thing I'll say about Riley and a poster on 247 just brought it up is I liked the junior tape better than senior. Gun to my head I take Riley, but these two are very close imo and I've been saying it for a month or two now.

The first 3 runs on Lyle's film are eye poppers.

Advertisement
Type wise - he's the good at everything, not great at anything type RB. All around solid, a nice take, high floor but not high ceiling type.

Talent wise - he's on a par with the RB's we had this year & similar to the Dade/Broward RB's we've been getting the last 10 years.

Style wise - I can see the Walton comparisons. Just a little leaner, a little faster, and a lot more self-awareness.

agree with all of this. appreciate your knowledge and insight

and another old school name I will toss out there that he resembles a bit: Danyell Ferguson. Although, I think he's potentially better than Ferguson was. And my understanding is he doesn't have some of D.F.'s "off field" issues.

one other thing I will add, and yes, my QB perspective is showing: how they are used and how they develop in the passing game is an unsung factor in a back's "upside." A guy like Travis Etienne for example, was effective between the tackles, but his ceiling was defined because of his role in the passing game, hands, and route running ability.

anyway, just my observation.

Impressive. Kid has elite burst for his size and is super fast. Runs away from So FL DBs. Needs to work on pad level and not bounce it out all the time. But he’s the goods. He has to weigh more than the 180 that 247 lists him at no? Seems right at 200.
Total stud. I'll take the trade and move on because the writing is on the wall with Riley.

DMoney been pumping Lyle for about a month now lol. Obviously a plug and replace for Riley if he flips. But is there a scenario we take all 3 RBs?
Yeah I also think there are rumors of CWH being a DB as well and even if he isnt he is likely a change of pace back. So I really see it as 2 true RBs and with the way we run them every game we need em. Last two years all of Parrish, Don, Allen, Citizen, and Fletcher have been hurt and missed multiple games. Crazy that we could have been down to our SIXTH string RB at any given point over the last two years.

Advertisement
Easy comp-
He's from his alma mater but he is a taller version of James White.

Ive been calling him the back we should target and prioritize from the class started.

I see alot of the post saying ..typical south florida back weve been getting as if thats a diss or a let down...meanwhile he is currently committed to Ohio State who isnt actually a team that struggles to get rbs especially in their region and conference.

If he flips it would be big regardless what Riley does. Other than Fort Lauderdale High and Boyd Anderson there was no lay ups on his schedule. He's playing against some good defenses and doing his thing.

Him and Riley in the same class would be A+...and im not even adding in CWH from my rival high school in Hollywood

Easy comp-
He's from his alma mater but he is a taller version of James White.

Ive been calling him the back we should target and prioritize from the class started.

I see alot of the post saying ..typical south florida back weve been getting as if thats a diss or a let down...meanwhile he is currently committed to Ohio State who isnt actually a team that struggles to get rbs especially in their region and conference.

If he flips it would be big regardless what Riley does. Other than Fort Lauderdale High and Boyd Anderson there was no lay ups on his schedule. He's playing against some good defenses and doing his thing.

Him and Riley in the same class would be A+...and im not even adding in CWH from my rival high school in Hollywood
This. This kids a stud.

Side note: BA is bad now? Those boys were always good. Played against them when they had Bynes & co. They ran the district for a while when it was BA, Plant, Piper, and South Plant. I played at South under Chapman and Buscemi.

This. This kids a stud.

Side note: BA is bad now? Those boys were always good. Played against them when they had Bynes & co. They ran the district for a while when it was BA, Plant, Piper, and South Plant. I played at South under Chapman and Buscemi.
They are soooo bad.

The whole school is a mess and academically.

We played them last game of the szn...i think we had 3 for 4 fumbles in the half so must of went into the half tied 7-7 or something absurd. Worse our hc laid into our team at half because B.A. was so bad ( and our players didnt even care) and NONE of the fumbles were caused by them at all. We proceeded to score like 38 or 40 unanswered in the second half without even really trying. won like 45-7.
They had maybe 30 kids tops. Of the 30 maybe 10 could play.
I remember when i was in high school they were a complete problem and always loaded. The demographic around there has changed and they likely get hit up by Dillard and whatever privated in lauderdale recruiting wise. **** one of their best players was a transfer from us who wouldve been a depth guy..he played both ways for them.

I think they named their field after Eddie Jackson or Asante Samuel and i saw Demar Dorsey at the game ..Eddie Jackson's older bro and a former 5 star from Boyd Anderson seem to be helping the coaches out.

Advertisement
Back