Jordan Lyle SR highlights

Advertisement
He's a good back, good contact balance, decisive runner (patience to the open hole and burst when it does show), and has open field moves.
He's not the type of back that if nothing opens up will hammer in a bubble for 3-4 yards, which is fine, that's not his game.

He's the type of back that will get you all the yards the OL will open for him and more, but he's not a back that will guarantee you zero negative runs all game.
He's very similar to Ajay Allen, but with better contact balance, in my opinion.

In comparison to Kevin Riley, Riley has an amazing one step and up field, perfect for OZ, Lyle does not, Riley has better power. Lyle seems like he's got a slight advantage to top gear ability and missing ability in the open field.

I'd prefer Riley, by the slightest of margin cause I'm a power guy (a la Chaney and Fletcher, i.e., on contact keep their legs moving and drag people) but this is a absolutely an amazing option. Ideally you have both cause honestly I think they complement each other quite well.

I'd say Riley is one-cut and has the speed edge at top end, where Lyle is the more athletic and physical back. The difference is too narrow to split, but I think Lyle has a better frame and would be a more impactful addition as a local kid.

Hoping for both.

They are soooo bad.

The whole school is a mess and academically.

We played them last game of the szn...i think we had 3 for 4 fumbles in the half so must of went into the half tied 7-7 or something absurd. Worse our hc laid into our team at half because B.A. was so bad ( and our players didnt even care) and NONE of the fumbles were caused by them at all. We proceeded to score like 38 or 40 unanswered in the second half without even really trying. won like 45-7.
They had maybe 30 kids tops. Of the 30 maybe 10 could play.
I remember when i was in high school they were a complete problem and always loaded. The demographic around there has changed and they likely get hit up by Dillard and whatever privated in lauderdale recruiting wise. **** one of their best players was a transfer from us who wouldve been a depth guy..he played both ways for them.

I think they named their field after Eddie Jackson or Asante Samuel and i saw Demar Dorsey at the game ..Eddie Jackson's older bro and a former 5 star from Boyd Anderson seem to be helping the coaches out.
That is wild. I never thought they’d be that bad. They were 7-3 on a bad year for them. We always had to deal with them being a 9 win regular season team.

Easy comp-
He's from his alma mater but he is a taller version of James White.

Ive been calling him the back we should target and prioritize from the class started.

I see alot of the post saying ..typical south florida back weve been getting as if thats a diss or a let down...meanwhile he is currently committed to Ohio State who isnt actually a team that struggles to get rbs especially in their region and conference.

If he flips it would be big regardless what Riley does. Other than Fort Lauderdale High and Boyd Anderson there was no lay ups on his schedule. He's playing against some good defenses and doing his thing.

Him and Riley in the same class would be A+...and im not even adding in CWH from my rival high school in Hollywood
"South Florida" lines can be drawn a lot of ways, but if you're looking at just Miami's Dade/Broward RB's since Duke Johnson, it's been a while since we've had a big hit.

The issue is Dade/Broward RB's haven't been the same since the 2014 class. We're still hanging on to past glory & I can understand if fans feel burnt.

The RB's in bold ran for 2,000 yds in a season, so I don't think "dominating South Florida" means what it used to. And the comps are cringe worthy.

1702577630823.png

Advertisement
"South Florida" lines can be drawn a lot of ways, but if you're looking at just Miami's Dade/Broward RB's since Duke Johnson, it's been a while since we've had a big hit.

The issue is Dade/Broward RB's haven't been the same since the 2014 class. We're still hanging on to past glory & I can understand if fans feel burnt.

The RB's in bold ran for 2,000 yds in a season, so I don't think "dominating South Florida" means what it used to. And the comps are cringe worthy.

View attachment 271795
So who would you compare Riley too

Type wise - he's the good at everything, not great at anything type RB. All around solid, a nice take, high floor but not high ceiling type.

Talent wise - he's on a par with the RB's we had this year & similar to the Dade/Broward RB's we've been getting the last 10 years.

Style wise - I can see the Walton comparisons. Just a little leaner, a little faster, and a lot more self-awareness.
Thank you.

I just watched his Senior highlights & the first name that popped into my head was Henry Parrish lol

Excellent balance, good vision and awareness. Thats his game.
Thank you.

I just watched his Senior highlights & the first name that popped into my head was Henry Parrish lol
I thought the EXACT same thing but figured I would get roasted if I put that on here. Maybe a little better balance but really similar

Advertisement

View attachment 271795
No Travis Homer?. Homer was basically a 1k rusher

Yearby had a 1k rushing szn at 5 yds a pop.
Knighton has been a solid college player , fumbles beware
Parrish id say is aligned with Knighton
Thad Franklin been a bust so far

No super stars that were used to but a bunch of solid backs.

Lyle was at STA SO IT MAY BE LIL DIFFERENT HE HAS THREAD ON HIS TIRES AS THEY RUN RB BY COMMITTEE THERE.

Notice my comp on him wasnt nothing crazy...like a mCGAHEE OR SOMETHING.

Thank you.

Only thing is hes bigger than Parrish right now..His name popped for me while watching too but i know Jordan is likely faster and bigger already with a better frame to add weight. Jordan can likely get up to 210 eaisly. Parrish is topping out at that 190-195.

Advertisement
No Travis Homer?. Homer was basically a 1k rusher

Yearby had a 1k rushing szn at 5 yds a pop.
Knighton has been a solid college player , fumbles beware
Parrish id say is aligned with Knighton
Thad Franklin been a bust so far

No super stars that were used to but a bunch of solid backs.

Lyle was at STA SO IT MAY BE LIL DIFFERENT HE HAS THREAD ON HIS TIRES AS THEY RUN RB BY COMMITTEE THERE.

Notice my comp on him wasnt nothing crazy...like a mCGAHEE OR SOMETHING.

Homer I left off because he's PBC, and I was showing Dade/Broward. But I'd rate Homer as the best of the bunch.

I also forgot Robert Burns who surprisingly has been on the Bears practice squad this year, but didn't do anything in college.

There's plenty of good college players on that list - but none lived up to the way they were hyped as recruits.

It's not that they're not Willis McGahee/Frank Gore. It's not that they're not Lamar Miller/Duke Johnson. It IS that they're not even Travis Homer/Deejay Dallas. If you're rating Miami RB's, they're like Tier 4 guys.

I agree James White doesn't sound like a crazy comparison and I can see that comp. But if you look back at White's career, it kind of is crazy.

James White's college stats (below) were pretty insane. White's College & NFL career just as good as Duke Johnson, and I don't think Lyle is close to Duke. I don't see Lyle putting up these type numbers.

1702587402587.png

Last edited:
So who would you compare Riley too

Riley has much more of a boom / bust range of outcomes IMO. I liked him better based on his Jr highlights and was higher on him back when he commited.

Once he gets moving forward, he has some really nice size, good speed, makes nice cuts and shows some good power. I can see why anyone would be very high on him. I wouldn't call him a "stud", but I could see him becoming a very good All-ACC RB.

Problem is there's so many plays in his highlights here he takes soooo long to get going. He approaches the line slow, or he dances to much, or there's too much East/West - sometimes all 3 happen in 1 run. I could see him busting because that IMO that style isn't going to translate to college. He'll have to adjust.

I don't have a good comp. He's very much a beauty is in the eye of the beholder type. I think Lyle is actually the safer bet & I can see anyone liking Lyle more.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Impressive. Kid has elite burst for his size and is super fast. Runs away from So FL DBs. Needs to work on pad level and not bounce it out all the time. But he’s the goods. He has to weigh more than the 180 that 247 lists him at no? Seems right at 200.
I hope he runs fast but Idc if he has elite “Burst” or not! Jesus Christ bro
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the button

Only thing is hes bigger than Parrish right now..His name popped for me while watching too but i know Jordan is likely faster and bigger already with a better frame to add weight. Jordan can likely get up to 210 eaisly. Parrish is topping out at that 190-195.

@Memnon comparing Lyle to Parrish is high praise given his opinion of the latter. A 15 pound heavier and faster HP should do very well behind our line.

Homer I left off because he's PBC, and I was showing Dade/Broward. But I'd rate Homer as the best of the bunch.

I also forgot Robert Burns who surprisingly has been on the Bears practice squad this year, but didn't do anything in college.

There's plenty of good college players on that list - but none lived up to the way they were hyped as recruits.

It's not that they're not Willis McGahee/Frank Gore. It's not that they're not Lamar Miller/Duke Johnson. It IS that they're not even Travis Homer/Deejay Dallas. If you're rating Miami RB's, they're like Tier 4 guys.

I agree James White doesn't sound like a crazy comparison and I can see that comp. But if you look back at White's career, it kind of is crazy.

James White's college stats (below) were pretty insane. White's College & NFL career just as good as Duke Johnson, and I don't think Lyle is close to Duke. I don't see Lyle putting up these type numbers.

View attachment 271830
Hey James White is my guy since he is Bahamian like me and just a good cat.

He is criminally underrated and Never spoken about when speaking on s.fla guys and he had a great college career and a really really nice nfl career.

Palm Beach IS SOUTH FLORIDA GUYS ALWAYS LEAVE THEM OFF. I consider all the way to naples as south florida and up to right pass palm beach as the end of down here.

Jordan Lyle was an early priority back for OSU...He very well might have that tallet. I get the sense guys are down playing the kid...and i keep saying if he was a flip he is a BIG DAWG.

I dont know if yall remember last cycle alot treated Fletcher just like this and....he is the goods

Advertisement
Back