2024 Jordan Lyle, RB - St Thomas Aquinas (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

Criminally overlooked by local fans. He's the best back from STA since James White and its not even close. He'd be the best RB on the roster the minute he steps on campus. He will need some time to learn pass protection and blitz pickup because STA's offense is trash, but he will be great.
****. He's obviously got all the big boy programs intrigued. consensus is we'd be happy with grabbing him over the other backs on the board?

Advertisement
Honestly I’m fine with a number of running backs this cycle…we talked about them on this board and obviously you can’t sign everyone

****. He's obviously got all the big boy programs intrigued. consensus is we'd be happy with grabbing him over the other backs on the board?
Maybe we take 3 this cycle. I know that’s a lot but if Chaney has the kind of season he can have, he’s a pro candidate. We don’t know what Citizen will look like after his injury. Always the possibility of a transfer. Seems like a stretch but I can see the reasoning behind it.

Criminally overlooked by local fans. He's the best back from STA since James White and its not even close. He'd be the best RB on the roster the minute he steps on campus. He will need some time to learn pass protection and blitz pickup because STA's offense is trash, but he will be great.
i needed someone else to say it.

He is a better version of who we have committed doing it against better comp.

Illt ake the 2 of them and be happy.

Advertisement
i needed someone else to say it.

He is a better version of who we have committed doing it against better comp.

Illt ake the 2 of them and be happy.
I just watched his film and I have to say he’s one of the more complete backs I’ve seen from down there the last couple cycles. There’s not one area he doesn’t do pretty well.

1. First thing that stood out is he’s always making a guy miss in the hole or close to the los. Which is the difference in a short loss or ten yard gain. He has good elusiveness even though he’s not a scat back.

2. He has good vision and is very decisive when he makes his cut and gets north and south. Uses the jump cut and spin move well.

3. Runs physical and behind his pads when it’s called for. He’s not afraid to put his head down and play physical , getting every yard. Nice mixture of physicality, speed , balance and wiggle.

4. He’s has good explosives / quickness and burst but doesn’t have that last top gear , which is fine , most guys don’t have that but he makes up with that having a rb bag that’s full. I’d say he’s a 4.5‘s guy. More than fast enough to house runs.

5. Blocking is the one area that most HS rb’s are lacking in. Especially pass blocking but he’s willing to do it too. In his film he’s picking up free runners and helping in extending plays for the qb. STA was running qb leads behind Jordan, which caught me off guard. I came away very impressed here.

6. The last area I was questioning was catching the ball out of the backfield but he does that pretty well too. Looked to have soft hands and a natural catcher of the ball. Didn’t see much with route running but you rarely see that with HS rb film.

I’d be more than happy with him as the last back in this class. Imo he’s a much more complete back with Wheatley but they’d match together well with their styles differences. Just like the backs in the last class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just watched his film and I have to say he’s one of the more more complete backs I’ve seen from down there the last couple cycles. There’s not one area he doesn’t do pretty well.

1. First thing that stood out is he’s always making a guy miss in the hole or close to the los. Which is the difference in a short loss or ten yard gain. He has good elusiveness even though he’s not a scat back.

2. He has good vision and is very decisive when he makes his cut and gets north and south. Uses the jump cut and spin move well.

3. Runs physical and behind his pads when it’s called for. He’s not afraid to put his head down and play physical , getting every yard. Nice mixture of physicality, speed and wiggle.

4. He’s has good explosives / quickness and burst but doesn’t have that last top gear , which is fine , most guys don’t have that but he makes up with that having a rb bag that’s full. I’d say he’s a 4.5‘s guy. More than fast enough to house runs.

5. Blocking is the one area that most HS rb’s are lacking in. Especially pass blocking but he’s willing to do it too. In his film he’s picking up free runners and helping in extending plays for the qb. STA was running qb leads behind Jordan, which caught me off guard. I came away very impressed here.

6. The last area I was questioning was catching the ball out of the backfield but he does that pretty well too. Looked to have soft hands and a natural catcher of the ball. Didn’t see much with route running but you rarely see that with HS rb film.

I’d be more than happy with him as the last back in this class. Imo he’s a much more complete back with Wheatley but they’d match together well with their styles differences. Just like the backs in the last class.
Sassy Oh No GIF by Nickelodeon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Truthfully, he doesn't have to be.

We played them in a 7-on-7 last weekend and lost 21-13.
The QB didn't really have to make any fantastic throws. Madison made sure they were all "accurate". LOL

With what they have on offense this season, all he has to do is be a game manager and not make too many mistakes.
I don't remember the QB's name, but I think that STA coaches like him and see him as more than just a game manager. If they don't like him, they will just recruit another kid before August. LOL

Advertisement
Back