2024 Jordan Lyle, RB - St Thomas Aquinas (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

Advertisement

Miami is doing their homework on local tailbacks, hosting each of the Power 5 talents in the area so far this spring.

Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas 247Sports Composite four-star Jordan Lyle was the last of the bunch to make it to campus. And believe it or not, it was Lyle’s first time on campus. The same goes for his parents.

“It just felt great. It felt like home,” Lyle told InsideTheU following the visit.

Tim Harris Jr. and running back analyst Benedict Hyppolite have been running point on the 6-foot, 180-pounder.

“Coach Harris is a good dude. He’s a calm dude. He teaches well. I noticed that at practice today. Also, I was talking to him and stuff like that. He cares about the kids and sees you as a great player. Coach Hyppolite, very energetic dude. He just has more energy. He’s more of a bouncy guy. He’s very energetic. He picks up the energy in the room and I feel like that’s a great combo to have with two running back coaches,” Lyle said.

Miami is coming after the Broward County native.

“I feel good about them. I like them. I like them a lot. I haven’t been too many places as of now, so I can’t really compare them to too many schools, but this is a great school,” Lyle said.

Alabama and Georgia will host Lyle this coming week. The Crimson Tide will get him first before making his way to Athens to check in on the back-to-back national champs.

“Definitely seeing how they develop their players because the last couple of years, they’ve been developing their players real well. I like to see what they can do,” Lyle said.

Official visit season is around the corner and a familiar program to South Florida has already locked Lyle in for an official visit for the first weekend of June. That would be the Ohio State Buckeyes. Lyle was in Columbus last week and enjoyed his time around Ryan Day’s program.

“That visit was astonishing. [Running backs coach Tony Alford] did his thing and I have a great connection with him - my family too,” Lyle said.

As a junior, Lyle totaled over 1000 yards and 12 touchdowns for a state championship winning program. That included a 170-yard performance on national television against St. Joseph’s Prep to open the season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I didn’t get it. We aren’t really in a place to be turning anyone away.
Not that he's not a take at all but just all those programs have other guys higher on their boards before Lyle. Like we have Gibson, Riley, & Bowens at RB on our board

Love this kids tools, ability and speed. I would take him in a second. Like someone already mentioned, "if Lyle gets to the second level he's gone!" You can never have enough speed. Speed kills. MOAR SPEED!

Criminally overlooked by local fans. He's the best back from STA since James White and its not even close. He'd be the best RB on the roster the minute he steps on campus. He will need some time to learn pass protection and blitz pickup because STA's offense is trash, but he will be great.

Advertisement
Back