Jordan Battle note

Back in my day (early 2000’s), one of my boys was a Hurricane commit (later went Juco and played at OU), knew all the players at Miami. I’ve seen these kids get treated extremely well at the Grove. They may not be “God’s” like in some Hicksville but they were living the dream in Miami.

Advertisement
I literally was at a spot in Wynwood with Jacory last year and he basically went unnoticed. Think he was surprised i knew who he was lol..but we chilled.

He stands in line just like everyone else...and this MF'r is a high school legend and long time starter for the Canes...

Miami v. A College Town is night and day.

We got us here a thread now with people caping for Columbus. Ohio and bumfūck hillbilly towns in general.

Must be the same group of fūcks that pat kids on the back, and tell them they “made the right decision, go get yours, young buck” when they throw our hat on the ground to go put on for the klan in kkktown.

Only on CIS.

We got us here a thread now with people caping for Columbus. Ohio and bumfūck hillbilly towns in general.

Must be the same group of fūcks that pat kids on the back, and tell them they “made the right decision, go get yours, young buck” when they throw our hat on the ground to go put on for the klan in kkktown.

Only on CIS.

Three guarantees in life - Death, taxes, and the consistent contingent of the cucks that succumb to the pussified ways of being an SEC groupie *****.

Advertisement
Anybody know who this guy is?
52F1021E-A77B-4F57-B5DE-C79FA67E5E16.jpeg

lol why would he be surprised. Dude was one of the reasons we were going 6-7. 9-4 being your best season at Miami ain't getting you known down here or anywhere really.

Jacory Harris was a legend as a hs qb and played at Miami Dade's #1 storied football program in MNW. I swear some of yall cant be from S.FLA.

Terry Glenn can go to Columbus now and be treated like a god..we have people literally asking who is Jacory Harris.

Yall literally dont know the difference between college towns and Miami so no need to go back and forth.

But ive been BIG ON BATTLE FROM THE JUMP AND HOPE WE WHEEL HIM IN. BEST FS in S.FLA in my opinion.

Can’t find the posts boosting up Columbus. Must’ve been deleted I guess :noidea:

Advertisement
Jacory Harris was a legend as a hs qb and played at Miami Dade's #1 storied football program in MNW. I swear some of yall cant be from S.FLA.

Terry Glenn can go to Columbus now and be treated like a god..we have people literally asking who is Jacory Harris.

Yall literally dont know the difference between college towns and Miami so no need to go back and forth.

But ive been BIG ON BATTLE FROM THE JUMP AND HOPE WE WHEEL HIM IN. BEST FS in S.FLA in my opinion.

I get that and yea this is Miami. I'm sure if he popped up in the SFL HS football scene he'd be recognized but on a grand scale unless you are currently in the NFL, NFL pro bowler/Legend, or won a championship at UM as a major contributor no one really cares.

This is Miami.. people like to say we're all about our football down here but we don't really show it. ie: Dolphins/Canes attendance.

In college towns all they have is their college football/basketball program.

The equivalent in Smalltown, USA...the state championship winning QB (game versus Deerfield still one of the best HS games I've seen) would never pay for a meal or drink in town again. Would be the local celebrity for life. Look at Jake Locker after he retired and went home. He has a day named after him and everything.

The key point being, who the fūck actually wants to go to Columbus Ohio.

Even people that played there I’m sure don’t go back very often, if at all, unless they have to, or are obligated to (some school/athletic function they’re required to attend).

People come to Miami voluntarily, because...it’s Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I don't mean to be a bad guy here but Terry Glenn is dead. Died in a car accident last year. That said, I'm sure your point holds true for the likes of David Boston, Chris Gamble and Michael Jenkins.

Man I hope there aren’t any recruits looking at this thread. Lol. A lot of definite statements about how UM players are treated around town in here that are just flat out not true.

First off, why should Jacory Harris be treated like anything other then an average joe here in Miami? What did he do past HS to warrant him being noticed by anyone outside of a UM or Northwestern fan? The guy didn’t even make it to a Nfl camp. Horrible example.

If we are talking about UM players being given free reign around Miami and getting VIP treatment at places like Club Liv then let me tell you..I’ve seen pro athletes and celebrities not get recognized at the door at LIV. That’s just the city of Miami and has nothing to do with being a UM player.

When UM is winning these players are most definitely recognized around town and are treated great. I’ve seen this with my own eyes. When we suck, why would they still be treated like gods? That’s just life. Pauly Shore isn’t getting VIP treatment anymore I can guarantee you that.

Hope we snag Battle but sounds like he’s gonna completely open it back up.

I don't mean to be a bad guy here but Terry Glenn is dead. Died in a car accident last year. That said, I'm sure your point holds true for the likes of David Boston, Chris Gamble and Michael Jenkins.

I really don't understand comments like "X player can go back to Columbus, or really any other college town **** hole and be treated like gods!".

That's really ******* great. Why as a former player would I want to go back to a **** college town? Because they know me from when I played there earlier?

I also find it laughable that Miami football players are supposedly treated like scrubs throughout the city. I'm not saying they get the same treatment as if OBJ or Antonio Brown came to town. If that was the case, then can someone explain to me how AQM and Grace got hook ups for luxury car rentals? Is that a hook up that was available for all UM students? Didn't think so.

Advertisement
Man I hope there aren’t any recruits looking at this thread. Lol. A lot of definite statements about how UM players are treated around town in here that are just flat out not true.

First off, why should Jacory Harris be treated like anything other then an average joe here in Miami? What did he do past HS to warrant him being noticed by anyone outside of a UM or Northwestern fan? The guy didn’t even make it to a Nfl camp. Horrible example.

If we are talking about UM players being given free reign around Miami and getting VIP treatment at places like Club Liv then let me tell you..I’ve seen pro athletes and celebrities not get recognized at the door at LIV. That’s just the city of Miami and has nothing to do with being a UM player.

When UM is winning these players are most definitely recognized around town and are treated great. I’ve seen this with my own eyes. When we suck, why would they still be treated like gods? That’s just life. Pauly Shore isn’t getting VIP treatment anymore I can guarantee you that.

Hope we snag Battle but sounds like he’s gonna completely open it back up.
And to prove your point last year Berrios was treated like a god everywhere he went. I saw him multiple times and everytime fans were coming up to him.

I literally was at a spot in Wynwood with Jacory last year and he basically went unnoticed. Think he was surprised i knew who he was lol..but we chilled.
Got a picture with him in the elevator at the spring game, thought that was cool. Then, I walk back in the box and Micheal Irvin is in there! Got a picture with him too.
On the subject of the notoriety of our players being in a city full of celebrities, I get what y'all are saying. However, how many schools can say 2 of their players were in Flo rida's video and one of them has produced for Rick Ross?

Got a picture with him in the elevator at the spring game, thought that was cool. Then, I walk back in the box and Micheal Irvin is in there! Got a picture with him too.
On the subject of the notoriety of our players being in a city full of celebrities, I get what y'all are saying. However, how many schools can say 2 of their players were in Flo rida's video and one of them has produced for Rick Ross?

Great point d4h, I concur. I think I saw that pic somewhere...... It's amazing so-called cane fans in hear on a board that players likely read talking about how much more accolades, celebrity treatment, and benefits they will receive going to a college town as opposed to miami. I swear the average IQ level in hear has to be below 70. Fans my @ss

Advertisement
Back