Jon Ford

The Real Kirk Lazarus

Say hello to the bad guy
I think Ford is going to be the steal of this class. He has such a massive upside and I dont think hes even come close to what he is capable of becoming with a coach like coach kool teaching him. With his frame and athletic ability I think he has top 5 pick potential

Advertisement
Agree. He could be the Joe Jackson of DTs.

Should he play this year or redshirt? I'm not concerned either way. 2018 is his year to dominate. Could we at long last have a DT who can rush the passer from the inside? It's a thing of rare beauty that totally disrupts pass protections, allowing our fast DEs to charge hard for the Qb.

Ex. Jerome Brown, Cortez Kennedy (my namesake), Russell Maryland, Warren Sapp.

Let it be so!

Last edited:
Advertisement
The big boys are going to be droppin in this year to check out our D and Coach Kool...

2018 will contain three DT's and two DE's... :)

Should he play this year or redshirt? I'm not concerned either way. 2018 is his year to dominate.

With our depth at the position I hope he redshirts.

Same but at the same time it also would be good for him to get playing experience since we likely will lose our top 5 defensive tackles after next year. I think Willis has his eye set on the NFL no matter what and McIntosh and norton for sure have NFL futures. I also think jenkins and moten are good talents as well

I said it yesterday, with his frame he reminds me of suh coming into college. I think he can be a monster at about 6'5" 320 lbs and just a freak athlete. And I dont see him getting fat at that weight either

I honestly wish we had taken Wright as well and stored him away. Great athlete. **** we gave that bytch Jarez Parks a call to see what was up..so we had the room.

Advertisement

Should he play this year or redshirt? I'm not concerned either way. 2018 is his year to dominate.

Same but at the same time it also would be good for him to get playing experience since we likely will lose our top 5 defensive tackles after next year. I think Willis has his eye set on the NFL no matter what and McIntosh and norton for sure have NFL futures. I also think jenkins and moten are good talents as well

This rhetoric needs to slow down. Yes, there's a possibility that we lose our top 5 DTs next year, but saying it's likely is a gross overstatement. At least 1 of them will be back

Honestly the least of my Cane worries moving forward are on the DLine or any incoming DL recruit. Kool's track record for developing DL is unmatched. Give him a raise immediately.

I said it yesterday, with his frame he reminds me of suh coming into college. I think he can be a monster at about 6'5" 320 lbs and just a freak athlete. And I dont see him getting fat at that weight either

Same **** look about him with those naturally gigantic calves. He's not one of those guys who will have a giant belly hanging over his pants at 300 pounds.

My only question is motor. If he develops a motor, Kool will make him millions.

Same **** look about him with those naturally gigantic calves. He's not one of those guys who will have a giant belly hanging over his pants at 300 pounds.

My only question is motor. If he develops a motor, Kool will make him millions.
agreed, and it goes without saying that kool will not play anybody who doesnt play with a motor.

Advertisement
Honestly the least of my Cane worries moving forward are on the DLine or any incoming DL recruit. Kool's track record for developing DL is unmatched. Give him a raise immediately.

For me it's not the lack of player development that concerns me it's the possible lack of depth after next year.

I'm sure Kul has a plan, but Tyreic Martin & Ford as a 2 year combined haul is a step backwards from Norton/Moten/McIntosh/Willis/Jenkins. I'm anxious to see what the deal is here. On paper, it's worrisome. Thankfully he's probably the one coach on the staff you write the blank check to and don't worry about it.

Advertisement

He needs to bulk up before he even gets playing time. There is no need for him to play until next season.

I'm sure Kul has a plan, but Tyreic Martin & Ford as a 2 year combined haul is a step backwards from Norton/Moten/McIntosh/Willis/Jenkins. I'm anxious to see what the deal is here. On paper, it's worrisome. Thankfully he's probably the one coach on the staff you write the blank check to and don't worry about it.

I personally would redshirt Moten, but who knows if they will think like that. Also, I would probably lean to Bethel moving inside.

Should he play this year or redshirt? I'm not concerned either way. 2018 is his year to dominate. Could we at long last have a DT who can rush the passer from the inside? It's a thing of rare beauty that totally disrupts pass protections, allowing our fast DEs to charge hard for the Qb.

Ex. Jerome Brown, Cortez Kennedy (my namesake), Russell Maryland, Warren Sapp.

Let it be so!

Play, without a doubt. What's the difference? Kids leave after 3 years anyway, so why bother redshirting them, unless they physically aren't ready, or they simply won't play because they are down the depth chart. Any guy that can play, and play well, should see the field. He will see the field this year.

Advertisement
Back