Jon Ford

Advertisement
I think Ford is going to be the steal of this class. He has such a massive upside and I dont think hes even come close to what he is capable of becoming with a coach like coach kool teaching him. With his frame and athletic ability I think he has top 5 pick potential

You said "massive upside" & "steal of this class..." I'm thinking Garvin...

Go Canes!

Unheralded oversized DE like RJ. McIntosh was the 775th rated recruit and about the same size as Ford coming in (6'5 275). Hopefully, Ford far surpasses his recruiting ranking in the same way. We gon need him in 18 months.

Advertisement
Agree. He could be the Joe Jackson of DTs.

Should he play this year or redshirt? I'm not concerned either way. 2018 is his year to dominate.

With our depth at the position I hope he redshirts.

I say ***** that. If kid is good enough to go, let him eat. Get after it. Either way, might only get 3 years with him if he is that good. I would rather him play three and leave before his junior year than sit out and leave after his sophomore season. In addition, it gives more cared to, "competition and freshmen have a chance to go play." If he needs a redshirt do it... if not let the kids play if he can contribute.

Last edited:
If Richt and co. develop our O-Line like they've developed our D-Line we will be scary real soon with our athletes on the outside

I no it's probably unrealistic and I'm praying for him. I hope Patchan can stay healthy next year. If so we're gonna be in for treat watching that Dline eat!

I think Ford is going to be the steal of this class. He has such a massive upside and I dont think hes even come close to what he is capable of becoming with a coach like coach kool teaching him. With his frame and athletic ability I think he has top 5 pick potential

You said "massive upside" & "steal of this class..." I'm thinking Garvin...

Go Canes!

I'm telling you this class of Garvin, Ford and Johnson is Elite! They are all killers!

Advertisement
I'm sure Kul has a plan, but Tyreic Martin & Ford as a 2 year combined haul is a step backwards from Norton/Moten/McIntosh/Willis/Jenkins. I'm anxious to see what the deal is here. On paper, it's worrisome. Thankfully he's probably the one coach on the staff you write the blank check to and don't worry about it.

Only in numbers. Sure comparing 5 guys to 2 or potentially 3 if we get Logan as a transfer is going to result in perceived "step backwards"
But the fact is these two classes the need at DT wasn't too high. Next year it will be.

Main reasons guys like Ford and Joe Jackson don't get all the hoopla coming in is because they commit and you never hear from them again. No self made drama about where I'm going to go. These guys are a rare bread.

Last edited:
Think this kid will be awesome and won't play much this year. When is the last time we could say that?

Advertisement
Ideally, id like to see ford redshirt and get to about 305 or 310 jacked up and rock solid for his redshirt frosh year and be ready to dominate

Advertisement
I know the article said he is projected at DE but it must have been a typo. Ford is already pushing 300lbs at 18 with good S&C no way in **** he stays below 290 for 3-4 years. He is true DT that is explosive and will create havoc.

One of his teammates work for me at a burger joint he said kid doesn't have the best work ethic but is very good so hopefully we can get him to work.

Advertisement
Back