Jon Ford shutting it down

He prays this is a good decision? He's going to be coached by one of the best dline coaches in the country. Why do these kids needs so much more convincing when it comes to Miami but then almost commit to a steaming pile of sh*t program like U.K. Without thinking twice?

The dude is SEVENTEEN. Yall are crazy man - guy can't even pray for himself without grown adults over-analyzing it.

Who are these grown adults you speak of?

My gripe isn't really with the seventeen year old, it's with the bs shady crap that's goes on. Whims the scenes. I don't believe ford gets that amped up about a team like Kentucky without adults around him that have their own interests at play.

Advertisement
He prays this is a good decision? He's going to be coached by one of the best dline coaches in the country. Why do these kids needs so much more convincing when it comes to Miami but then almost commit to a steaming pile of sh*t program like U.K. Without thinking twice?

It's up to him to make it a good decision.

The dude is SEVENTEEN. Yall are crazy man - guy can't even pray for himself without grown adults over-analyzing it.

Who are these grown adults you speak of?

My gripe isn't really with the seventeen year old, it's with the bs shady crap that's goes on. Whims the scenes. I don't believe ford gets that amped up about a team like Kentucky without adults around him that have their own interests at play.

Remember that we do this every year, they only do it once. Even a kid who's committed to UM might get the notion that living somewhere else for a bit might be cool. It's Kentucky, but it's still college. I wasn't a football player, but college away from home was still pretty **** great. Not surprising that they change their minds and want to try on the idea of being somewhere completely different.

Both of you all bring fire, but I have to say his highlights did not overwhelm me. I think in this case the scouts got it right. Maybe some of his best plays are not on film, but the film shows a guy who is in on plays or cleaning up plays more so than making plays. Maybe it was their scheme. Luckily, he'll be working with the best DL coach in college football. I agree that he has a great frame. Here are his hudl highlights.

SAVAGE - Jon Ford highlights - Hudl

Jon Ford could be one of the best DTs we've had...his frame could hold 320-330 w no problems. B/c he plays SDE, that means he's used to getting off the snap and using his hands. I believe if he would've entered all the camps and circuits, he would've been a mid to high 4 star player...but I also believe he wouldn't have been here either. FSU or Bama would've offered. I think he'll be a more aggressive Norton when he gets his time.

The pups we have r going to be full grown bull mastiffs by the time they become sophomores and juniors. These are the type of players that make me so excited about watching our defense...just like I did in the early 2000's.
I agree, but he won't get that big in this system, nor will he need to...

His best playing weight will be around 280-300lbs, he's got good burst & good hands in disengaging blockers, but needs to add some moves to his ****nal & learn how to be a relentless in pursuit.

He's got great upside & under Coach Kool's tutelage could be a **** good 3Tech during his time here...

I think his ceiling is somewhere between a Malik Jackson/ Michael Brockers type, but he definitely needs some work to get to that level down the line.

Advertisement
Jon Ford finna get paid while all these other fools got wait in line and possibly miss the bus at Michigan, Bama, FSU etc..

I just don't see Kuligowski losing too many DL commits. Not a surprise that Ford will sign with Miami....

Advertisement
Well revist this in a few years. I don't see much in film, but Kool likes him.

Only question I have is his motor. He's got all the physical tools, but he didn't dominate often in HS. If he goes hard, then he should be a big player for us.

Only question I have is his motor. He's got all the physical tools, but he didn't dominate often in HS. If he goes hard, then he should be a big player for us.

Agreed. Love dudes like Aaron Donald that go HAM on every play. If Ford has that dog in him, he can do big things here.

Advertisement
Both of you all bring fire, but I have to say his highlights did not overwhelm me. I think in this case the scouts got it right. Maybe some of his best plays are not on film, but the film shows a guy who is in on plays or cleaning up plays more so than making plays. Maybe it was their scheme. Luckily, he'll be working with the best DL coach in college football. I agree that he has a great frame. Here are his hudl highlights.

SAVAGE - Jon Ford highlights - Hudl

Jon Ford could be one of the best DTs we've had...his frame could hold 320-330 w no problems. B/c he plays SDE, that means he's used to getting off the snap and using his hands. I believe if he would've entered all the camps and circuits, he would've been a mid to high 4 star player...but I also believe he wouldn't have been here either. FSU or Bama would've offered. I think he'll be a more aggressive Norton when he gets his time.

The pups we have r going to be full grown bull mastiffs by the time they become sophomores and juniors. These are the type of players that make me so excited about watching our defense...just like I did in the early 2000's.
I agree, but he won't get that big in this system, nor will he need to...

His best playing weight will be around 280-300lbs, he's got good burst & good hands in disengaging blockers, but needs to add some moves to his ****nal & learn how to be a relentless in pursuit.

He's got great upside & under Coach Kool's tutelage could be a **** good 3Tech during his time here...

I think his ceiling is somewhere between a Malik Jackson/ Michael Brockers type, but he definitely needs some work to get to that level down the line.

Go watch the 2017 Offense Defense All American game replay on espn3, jon ford plays D-end for the red team. Elijah Conliffe plays DT next to him. Ford showed very good get off and conoiffe was a beast in the 2nd half.

Go Canes

Ironic at all he posted the same day the Kentucky DC left for Colorado? Or no? Just asking the question.....

Definitely not ironic but maybe coincidental?

Haha....yeah, that's the word i was looking for. Working on 3 hrs sleep, they all mean the same about now.

That PSU education shining through.

Haha, aww c'mon now. Don't take the easy shots! That's Chise's job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back