Jon Ford coming back for another season

Advertisement
1610580581355.png

Advertisement
This is very good news. A lot of people clowning him, but he had a very good game against VT and maybe that game goes differently without him. He's obviously not an All-ACC type player, but he's solid and can provide excellent depth.

Advertisement
@chipcane what was your previous account name? You can’t be this bad out the gate. You’ve def been here before
Welp..waiting. Suggesting I'm a troll..yeah JOHN FORD was the perfect time to pounce..lol.
Conspiracy theories aside, I don't see any kind of consistency (effort?) in his game. Can penetrate/push the pocket some, but finding the ball to finish plays/lateral movement appears to be an issue. 9 tackles/10 assists is what I found, quite similar to '19. Probly hasn't benefited from much in terms of coaching.
Re: his return, you "like it". Why?

Btw: this troll has only been a Hurricane enthusiast back to the 80's, so if there's something you want to discuss..bring it.

Big body needed for depth. Not a game changer (I had hoped he'd be one by now) but he plays a needed role. At a minimum, his return allows us to leave Haye and Taylor in the lab with Feeley until they're ready.

We don't have a dominator inside, so we will need to be effective by committee - platooning DTs to wear down other teams.

Maybe with a good DL coach, he takes his game to another level next year. No matter, it's a good move for us.

Advertisement
Great news.

Ford never became the monster DT we hoped for and need but there’s nothing wrong with veterans in the lockerroom. His presence might take away reps from a younger player but too often we’ve had young players forced into playing too early and this has only hindered their development. Especially at DT, where early physical development is key to their long term future.

Advertisement
"Above average"..why would you say that?

"Huge"? Miller not sufficient for the role? Understand the need for "grown men" v Bama - but we're getting hammered regardless. And whose development does he stunt by taking reps?
I’m not just looking at bama. Looking at the whole season. I mean we all complained we never could kee guys from the draft now we get a guy back who’s been ok and we cry why the ****

Advertisement
Back