Jon Ford coming back for another season

Advertisement
Advertisement
What's holding him back in your opinion? I always thought there was more to him than he's shown
He's always been a step behind. He was a hooper and raw in high school. Got here after camp as a freshman and really should have redshirted. Every time he's gotten momentum, he's had an injury setback or something to slow him down.

With all that said, it's been four years. A huge jump is unlikely at this point. But his size and length will keep him on the field.

Advertisement
Jon Ford is what he is. He not getting any better
I get you may be frustrated, but to say a 20/21yr old college athlete can't get bigger/stronger/better(with new better coaching) is kind of ridiculous. At least at the DT position, where it's not really a skills or intelligence issue... Now.. he does need to have the personal drive to accomplish it.. but physically, getting a little faster, stronger and better technique is definitely in the scope.

He's always been a step behind. He was a hooper and raw in high school. Got here after camp as a freshman and really should have redshirted. Every time he's gotten momentum, he's had an injury setback or something to slow him down.

With all that said, it's been four years. A huge jump is unlikely at this point. But his size and length will keep him on the field.

When will we hear from Nesta ya think?

Advertisement
Jon Ford is what he is. He not getting any better
Respectfully, I don't buy that. He CAN change if he puts the time in and if we get the right coach. If Simpson or Partridge come in for the DL, Ford will have every opportunity to take his pro-level physical tools to the next level. He can prove us all wrong and work his tail off and shock the CFB world. He has that kind of latent ability. He just needs to put himself through **** and be deadly serious for the next 11 months.

Advertisement
Would be nice if we taught him how to 2 gap and use that size to make things easier for everyone else, instead of just trying and (mostly) failing to create pressure.

Good to have him back for depth that is for sure. As much as we hate Bama I hope every one of these kids watched that game and realized how they have built their program. They aren’t young pups over there and even the ones you would think would have opted stayed another year. Clemson does a good job retaining as well.

Advertisement
Back