Jojo Jackson

He might be the best freshmen dend in the country.6'5 250 that has a ridiculous burst. Idk if this was counted as a sack but it definitely should have been. Anyway on the year he has 23 tackles 6.5 tfl 5.5 sacks 2 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recovery, td game and a bunch of pressures. For comparison the consensus #1 de recruit rashaun Gary has 21 tackles 1 sack on the year
https://twitter.com/peterariz/status/797556003931877376

Gary is a d tackle. apples to oranges

He is but has been playing a bunch of DE this year. Gary, Lawrence, Joe Jackson, Oliver, Bosa, and Brian Burns have all had tremendous freshman campaigns.

Advertisement
I think it's unlikely at this point...

...but if Norton AND McIntosh hung around for '18, I think that could be a historic 'Canes defense

JoJo and DJ bookending those two tackles is trippy to think about

The staff needs to do a job coaching up Finley and then we're all set with the stud DB's coming in as freshmans to supplement Trajan, Deejay, and Malek.

He's going to be a starter next season.

He's already a better pass rusher than Chad has ever been

I agree he is a stud but to be fair Chad was coached on D by multiple awful coaches. He probably learned some bad technique and Joe was able to learn from the best Dline coach in the country with coach Kool. If Chad had two years with him and in an aggressive D from jump he would be much better.

Stop making excuses for him. He's average. Trent Harris and D. Jack have both looked better than Chad and they had the same coaching.

Advertisement

I agree he is a stud but to be fair Chad was coached on D by multiple awful coaches. He probably learned some bad technique and Joe was able to learn from the best Dline coach in the country with coach Kool. If Chad had two years with him and in an aggressive D from jump he would be much better.

Stop making excuses for him. He's average. Trent Harris and D. Jack have both looked better than Chad and they had the same coaching.

When healthy chad was doing good. Remember he broke his hand in fsu game. That's hard to play with on the dline. Trent didn't do much either with the same injury

Hes an animal. Dont forget Kool called him the best DE recruit in the country last year. Great thing is we have 2 beasts coming in next year at the position. Great feeling stacking talent. Now we need to do the same at DT.

Advertisement
Commentators were saying he looked like Kearse, which I think is pretty accurate comparison
That commentator was an old teammate of Kearse's. So I put even more stock in it.
Who was that commentator? He was hilarious.

Former gator Lb James Bates. He was hilarious when he played at Uf, even funnier when he was doing local tv here. I'm surprised it took him so long to go national ,I guess they thought he was a little too out there.

Kid has been a beast. Very excited for the future of the defensive line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

When healthy chad was doing good. Remember he broke his hand in fsu game. That's hard to play with on the dline. Trent didn't do much either with the same injury

Tired of the excuses for Chad. For 2 years, it was Dorito and scheme. Now under the best DL coach, its injuries. Give me a break. Tired of talking about his 5 stars and potential. It's about production. Chad has been a huge BUST up until this point.

Joe Jackson as a freshman has completely outperformed Chad. Total stud.

Now neg away...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back