Johnson Jr. on campus

If he does commit here then he will not be good and we should have gone after someone else all along. If he commits somewhere else he was the best QB in the country and Richt is horrible for not getting him.

And this is a fair assessment of Canes recruiting.

Advertisement
Meh, sounds like he is hitting the east coast finalists before dead period and then making a decision soon.

The rotation is NC State to Miami to FSU. I'd prefer we be last, and I'd prefer that all of our eggs weren't in this single QB basket, but I wouldn't over-react to his schedule.
So he's either going to be in a two man QB class at fsu or a 1 man QB class at Miami..

I'll put my bet on Miami... But hey don't get me to lying

Please stop, you need a QB every cycle and we definitely have no clue what type of talent we have behind Malik. He's not a luxury and we need to close him.

Max Johnson coming 2020 and J.Williams competing to start this season. MJJ needs at least a redshirt year, which means he's competing against TF Max Johnson and--likely incumbent--RS sophomore JW.

Incredible athlete and physical specimen yes, but he must continue to improve his passing mechanics and accuracy to compete for a starting position at UM.

Advertisement
Max Johnson coming 2020 and J.Williams competing to start this season. MJJ needs at least a redshirt year, which means he's competing against TF Max Johnson and--likely incumbent--RS sophomore JW.

Incredible athlete and physical specimen yes, but he must continue to improve his passing mechanics and accuracy to compete for a starting position at UM.

Punting to next season isn't a recipe for success and watching other teams (FSU) try and sign two Qb's right now shows how difficult that can be, you're almost forced to take 1 project.
Max Johnson has just as many questions marks as MJJr. and every QB does until they've shown how they play with the cameras rolling.

I'm not saying it has to be MJJr but when your QB coach has invested all of his time on him they must clearly view him as a priority and not a luxury.

Last edited:
Some of these recruits say that the coaches tell them they're at the top of their board. Well it's never been truer in MJJ's case. If he does not choose Miami it absolutely will not be for lack of trying.

Advertisement
How Glennon is still in the NFL boggles my mind

Got a big pay day from the Cardinals him and Bradford smh...

As far as NC state goes I like their QB I think he's legit. He doesn't get the credit he deserves. Wish he was here last year lol.

I feel good about MJ Jr in this class, and have for months now.

Would love for him to commit this weekend and start recruiting for us.

"Build the class, not the suspense"

this is a Miami, NC State, Penn St. battle.

Nebraska was very much in the running but they have told the Macaffrey kid he is the only QB they want.

I really like the chances he ends up wearing the U on the side of his helmet.

What I don’t like is that he only has 4 OV’s scheduled at this point. Would like for him to take that 5th OV before deciding. Otherwise, that’s a potential huge loaded gun for some school down the road.

Advertisement
What I don’t like is that he only has 4 OV’s scheduled at this point. Would like for him to take that 5th OV before deciding. Otherwise, that’s a potential huge loaded gun for some school down the road.

Why? Sure he's using OVs now but this is a kid who can, and has taken a ton of other unofficials in the past too. His dad is a very well paid college coach, I'm sure being out of OVs wouldn't change much.

But again, classic CIS. Just always find something to worry about. Cant wait for more of the "hope he sticks" posts, if he does commit here

Why? Sure he's using OVs now but this is a kid who can, and has taken a ton of other unofficials in the past too. His dad is a very well paid college coach, I'm sure being out of OVs wouldn't change much.

But again, classic CIS. Just always find something to worry about. Cant wait for more of the "hope he sticks" posts, if he does commit here

I would just prefer he used up all his OVs first.

Advertisement
anyone has pictures or post from the visit? its a great sunny day (HOT) in MIA today. All the rain we had for weeks non-stop are gone.

Advertisement
Back