Johnnie Dixon

Advertisement
WTDwyerCane14,

lifetime ban if Dixon does not announce for Miami? Let's get really real Cuz.

This dude is the same guy who was posing as Alex Collins' girlfriend last year at the end of the recruiting cycle.

He's gonna disappear just like he did last year.

@JDStandAlone: Never judge a book by its cover... Never... ��. This tweet cane mean many things haha. A cover is a hat by the way

Do you think Dixon put that much though into his tweet?

this. we put more stock into each and every word than they do. they're 17.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he has put that much thought into it because he would be picking us.

WTDwyerCane, I am praying that you are correct here brother. I guess we all are, except for those that think they know he's already gone.

Do you work for the team or do you attend the school? Just tryna get an idea where your info is coming from, or if you just have a really strong gut feeling. Anyways, really hope you're right. Its interesting how everyone and they're mother is changing their predictions after his state game. Never thought it would even be close for Johnnie, sucks to see its gotten to this point and apparently he's heading out of town.

Both actually.

What are you, a student manager, or something like that?

Are the allegations of Daniels recruiting his players false? (I think I know your answer).

Maybe I'm sounding naive; maybe everybody does it down there in Florida.

And I haven't the slightest idea and I'd like to say no but can't definitively.
317.jpg

Advertisement
DwyerCane....I really want to believe you but everyone at this point, including UM folks are all pointing to OSU.

I think you are getting our hopes up for nothing and its gonna hurt more that way.
If that's the case then I'm getting my hopes up as well. I'm pretty confident they're wrong though.

WTDwyerCane, I am praying that you are correct here brother. I guess we all are, except for those that think they know he's already gone.

Do you work for the team or do you attend the school? Just tryna get an idea where your info is coming from, or if you just have a really strong gut feeling. Anyways, really hope you're right. Its interesting how everyone and they're mother is changing their predictions after his state game. Never thought it would even be close for Johnnie, sucks to see its gotten to this point and apparently he's heading out of town.

Both actually.

Are the allegations of Daniels recruiting his players false? (I think I know your answer).

317.jpg

Spygate?

Both actually.

317.jpg

Spygate?

Haha not quite.

Advertisement
All right.

He's trolling.

Miami shorts. Alabama shirt. OSU hat. OSU retweets.

Dixon said he's known where he's going for awhile, and Cook, after spending time with Dixon on their official visit to UM not two weeks ago, said “I think Miami is going to land Johnnie. That will be a great pickup for them.”

**** it.

We're getting Dixon.

Anyone know the song Started From The Bottom? Clearly Dixon is a big fan because he is choosing Miami, and that's where the shorts are compared to the other pieces if clothing.

Real talk though,

All of you with your negativity are getting annoying. Those who are always saying a recruit is going elsewhere and always being negative are getting annoying. You say those things because they are win win situations. If the recruit goes elsewhere you can say I told you so! I know what I'm talking about! But if they do choose us, you are happy because we got a great player! SHUT UP! These kids are making huge decisions and have never received this much attention or love from a group or teams. Let them be. You all go hard on these kids for not choosing us and I know we want to have them all but just know that the best Canes, are not the best recruits, it's the ones who REALLY want to be here and who were not ranked and have that massive chip on their shoulder that makes them work harder than the next guy because talent can only do so much, and most of these guys have a lot of talent. Regardless of who we get, we have a lot of talent, and it's on the staff to develop and work with these kids to make them the best they can be! We rising! Just believe in that man and do your job which is to ROOT AND SHOW LOVE! NOT RAG!

This is a very astute comment.

A late friend of mine, a true insider, a person was a top leader in the Hurricane Club, but who was very close to many players and coaches over the years, used to tell me, "the marquee players are not Miami players." That was largely true. There were some exceptions, we got some creme de la creme recruits, like Jesse Armstead, D.J. Williams, Jammi German, but these guys had the Miami attitude, they were not prima donnas who liked the attention and tried to play the press and public, like some of these guys seem to be doing now.

People don't remember or don't realize, that Jimmy Johnson's first two or three classes were major disappointments, especially in terms of premier recruits. Jimmy used to say, I'll take an unknown recruit that will get practice hard and get better and better every time he steps on the practice field, rather than a top ranked recruit who doesn't get any better in college. We were built largely on the former, not the latter. FSU used to get more big name recruits, like Sterling Palmer, Eric Shaw, some others, but we would beat them and their elite recruits more often than not.

We have been down for a while, but if AG gets the class I think he's getting, and fixes his defensive coaching, I have no doubt that FSU will have something to worry about. I think they know that in the Florida State fan community. When I go to their boards, which I don't do very often, I always see snide remarks about our attendance. The prima donnas care about game day atmosphere and attendance; when we couldn't even fill the Orange Bowl our kids would create their own atmosphere of intimidation on the field.

I did like what I saw of the highlights of Dixon, but if he doesn't come, it won't be the end of the world. We'll survive the loss of Johnnie Dixon, if he goes.

Both actually.

317.jpg

Interesting. I did go to the Dwyer football website, and I was amazed at what high school programs have become these days. It was nothing like when I was in HS, but that was half a century ago. We had films of games, but not a staff of videographers. Do you record practices, too?

I hope we do get Dixon. I had not watched him before, but I watched some video of the title game, and the video focused entirely on him. He was so smooth yet quick. He looked like he could play with the pros. At times, he seemed to have trouble separating from Niceville's number 11, but I don't expect even the best receiver to get open every play. Could be number 11 is a pretty good player. One time the DB fell down, and JD was wide open and took it for a TD. I couldn't believe Niceville wasn't doubling him every play. Every play. JD seemed like a bomb waiting to go off. I just don't see how a defense could not be very worried about him all the time. Maybe the Niceville coaches had to worry about too many other things.

I will say whoever sold Brissett to UF made a major mistake. Everyone knew they loved Driskell, Brissett was never going to get a fair chance there. I believe Jack had a lot to do with that. His own mom wanted the U badly.

Question is, does this guy Daniel have a conscience? Does it bother him if he screws it up for a kid? Briskett should have been at Miami, not NC State.

I don't know who this guy Daniel is. I understand he's a Gator. Did he play there?

I got the answer:

http://www.pbgametime.com/news/sports/high-school-football/coach-jack-daniels-key-dwyers-sustained-success/ncJyX/

I wonder if he really does violate the rules by recruiting. When it comes to pushing your star athlete to a certain college, I've always questioned the propriety and ethics of a public school coach, a public employee, showing that kind of favoritism. It seems there should be a public employees code of conduct which prohibits that. Of course, these coaches only seem to follow the rules that they see fit. If he really does recruit his players, it would be very easy for him to see that it is OK to push an impressionable, naive kid to a favored college.

Be careful, if you bring up the obvious regarding Daniels you get tagged as a Golden slurper.

Yeah, but I'm pretty far removed from HS, and rather uninformed and naive about what goes on today. When I was in HS, many years ago, recruiting was nothing like this. HS football was nothing like this. No street agents, no camps, recruiting services, etc. It was all very simple, at least as far as I knew.

I also want to believe that HS teachers, counselors, coaches try to be ethical, and have a code of ethics that they take seriously. The ethics should mean that coaches only advise kids to go to schools that would be in the best interest of the kid, not because of a preference of a coach. Now, maybe, if the coach did encourage Brisket, that he did so in good faith believing it was in the best interest of Brisket. It turned out to be a very bad decision. The kid tried to come back to Miami, but we didn't have room. It seems when we're spurned, it's rare that we let a kid come in after reconsideration. We did it with Cleveland Gary, I guess. I don't even know if we had tried to recruit Brock Berlin when he was the top QB in the country in Louisiana, but it's very rare for us to get a transfer from another state school. I can think of only a few over the last 50 years. I want to think that Larry LaPointe in the mid 60's might have transferred from UF to us, but it's so long ago. (He was perhaps the top WR in the state at Miami High when they were a state and national power.) Brock, and then Rick Tuten transferred from us to FSU. There might be others, but not many.

Advertisement

Both actually.

317.jpg

Interesting. I did go to the Dwyer football website, and I was amazed at what high school programs have become these days. It was nothing like when I was in HS, but that was half a century ago. We had films of games, but not a staff of videographers. Do you record practices, too?

I hope we do get Dixon. I had not watched him before, but I watched some video of the title game, and the video focused entirely on him. He was so smooth yet quick. He looked like he could play with the pros. At times, he seemed to have trouble separating from Niceville's number 11, but I don't expect even the best receiver to get open every play. Could be number 11 is a pretty good player. One time the DB fell down, and JD was wide open and took it for a TD. I couldn't believe Niceville wasn't doubling him every play. Every play. JD seemed like a bomb waiting to go off. I just don't see how a defense could not be very worried about him all the time. Maybe the Niceville coaches had to worry about too many other things.

Yes I do. It's just two videographers. Most teams have them nowadays. Number 11 was stove if I recall and he was their best player. Johnnie is a beast although he's probably only the 3rd most talented player on Dwyer's team potential wise.

Advertisement
Back