John Michaels interview on WQAM 11/12/2018

Advertisement
Justin Fuente was VT's

Always a roll of the dice.

Justin Fuente was VT's "young innovative mind" hire--and was on several supposed short lists for filling vacancies. Most would argue, like Miami, they [VT] have regressed.

There's no guaranteed blueprints to success and we're not landing Nick Saban. It's better going down VT's route and failing than what we did with a coach that has a track record of consistently not delivering.

Justin Fuente was VT's

Always a roll of the dice.

Justin Fuente was VT's "young innovative mind" hire--and was on several supposed short lists for filling vacancies. Most would argue, like Miami, they [VT] have regressed.

VT has also lost their QB for the season, if I’m not mistaken. Pretty sure they were rolling prior to the injury. All the more so this season has been a cluster fck b/c that questionable game became in our favor after the injury.

Advertisement
VT has also lost their QB for the season, if I’m not mistaken. Pretty sure they were rolling prior to the injury. All the more so this season has been a cluster fck b/c that questionable game became in our favor after the injury.

Elite teams don't go down as hard as VT has because of one athlete or even several being knocked out.

Much easier said than done building an effective roster, but it must be done nonetheless.

Advertisement
"Gotta get a hot young innovative coach . . . OR BUTCH DAVIS!"

Smart man.
Mentioned Butch twice he did, smashmouth football. I wish they would have asked him had UGA not fired Mork when they did would Butch be our coach right now, think he would have confirmed that

We have to fire Richt now to salvage this program.

We have to fire Coker now to salvage the program....fast forward 4 years...we need to fire Randy now to salvage the program....fast forward 4 years...we need to fire Golden now to salvage the program....fast forward 3 years...we need to fire Richt now to salvage the program.

There's nothing left to salvage.

We have to fire Coker now to salvage the program....fast forward 4 years...we need to fire Randy now to salvage the program....fast forward 4 years...we need to fire Golden now to salvage the program....fast forward 3 years...we need to fire Richt now to salvage the program.

There's nothing left to salvage.

If only we can hire an elite coach and staff. If we fire richt there is a chance we can come back if not then we are ****ed until he leaves.

There's one man out there, that we can afford, that can bring us back, and maybe bout the only one who actually wants to be here. BOT needs to man up, admit they made mistake, again, and sign the boy up. Who TF else can you name that wants to come, AND will load us up with a bunch o *** kicking monsters. I would bet anything Diaz would love to have all those first round d linemen to play with, and no doubt this man will seek out the best OC he can find, even if he has to take a pay cut to get him here, and if said OC don't get the points Rollin pretty quick, he gone

Advertisement
Been listening to him for a while. Die hard Canes fan up in the ATL. The last time he was on wqam before this appearance he did say this season was set up for a diaster after Richt pulled Perry in the UVA game(although I kinda disagree, the season was over after the LSU game IMO). Said Richt did the same thing at UGA. Had a lot of talent and still couldn't win it. Losing to teams he shouldn't of lost to.

Deja Vu
100% agreed, LSU was a harbinger of things to come this season but the nail in the coffin was FSU.
they choked and we bad period. biggest concern is recruiting class falling apart.
as Recruiters jump on the bandwagon that the game has passed CMR by......
" those plays have worked for 30 years "
we are in deep, deep trouble with CMR and current O staff.
can B.James stand firm and force changes ?!.....

I know it won't happen, but whoever Ufag's AD is, he's a bad motherFer, would love to steal him. You guys have to remember I'm in Texas and don't harbor the hate y'all do. What I see from here is foking Florida winning Natty's in everything, football, baseball, basketball, girls softball, F'n bass fishing, WTF ? AND now they have surpassed us education as well, I could not believe that when I saw it, that was the last card we had to play and now its gone. It basically dropped all of the midgets last few years and that's what she was all about. I'm sure some 25 yr old on here will tell me to go root for Ufag you *******, which a very mature, but that just BS them doing all that winning and we don't win shut. Starts at the top, AD, Blake James, needs to get right or go, he shoulda hired Butch like WE told him to, idiot

Someone that he mentioned in his interview - a young innovative mind who's driven to win. I'm open to someone that would put the best staff around them and try to win. Not someone like Richt that surrounds himself with yes men and hires his son in a critical on-field staff position that offers nothing to help out to the team.
Is there any chance in **** or any other place else for that matter, that we could steal Lincoln Riley?

Advertisement
I know it won't happen, but whoever Ufag's AD is, he's a bad motherFer, would love to steal him. You guys have to remember I'm in Texas and don't harbor the hate y'all do. What I see from here is foking Florida winning Natty's in everything, football, baseball, basketball, girls softball, F'n bass fishing, WTF ? AND now they have surpassed us education as well, I could not believe that when I saw it, that was the last card we had to play and now its gone. It basically dropped all of the midgets last few years and that's what she was all about. I'm sure some 25 yr old on here will tell me to go root for Ufag you *******, which a very mature, but that just BS them doing all that winning and we don't win shut. Starts at the top, AD, Blake James, needs to get right or go, he shoulda hired Butch like WE told him to, idiot

Our AD hires mimic our coaching hires...

Disagree. LSU has proven that they were a good football team and fundamentally sound - not to mention the most talented team Miami has played this year, by a lot. They beat UGA, and UGA would wipe the floor with all ACC teams not named Clemson. CISers need to actually watch football and stop trying to affirm preconceived narratives (Orgeron sucks, SEC overrated, LSU is a dumpster fire, LSU is a mess…).

Miami was favored to win every game and SHOULD HAVE won every game. It would have been the same mirage as last year but there’s not a question in my mind that Miami could right now be 9-1, “ranked top-10”, and still have the same horrendous offense under Richt’s predictable scheme. That’s what makes this year so incredibly frustrating.

The season was not over after LSU.

The season was over when we saw Richt had done nothing in the off season and we had the same abortion of an offense from the last 3 games of last season...

Advertisement
Back