John Michaels interview on WQAM 11/12/2018

Advertisement
Love John Michaels. That guy also preaches from experience because he's had to follow UGA and has had a close look at Richt's tenure while there. Even he sees that just hiring an OC is merely a bandaid and that we have to move on.

Love John Michaels. That guy also preaches from experience because he's had to follow UGA and has had a close look at Richt's tenure while there. Even he sees that just hiring an OC is merely a bandaid and that we have to move on.

John michaels also said UCF is #4 in the CFP. If u say can Richt then who do you want to bring in???

John michaels also said UCF is #4 in the CFP. If u say can Richt then who do you want to bring in???

Someone that he mentioned in his interview - a young innovative mind who's driven to win. I'm open to someone that would put the best staff around them and try to win. Not someone like Richt that surrounds himself with yes men and hires his son in a critical on-field staff position that offers nothing to help out to the team.

Advertisement
I don't know who John Michaels is, but anybody who thinks that Richt giving up play calling will solve the problem is completely delusional.

Someone that he mentioned in his interview - a young innovative mind who's driven to win. I'm open to someone that would put the best staff around them and try to win. Not someone like Richt that surrounds himself with yes men and hires his son in a critical on-field staff position that offers nothing to help out to the team.

Who is that person sounds like a fairytale without names.

I don't know who John Michaels is, but anybody who thinks that Richt giving up play calling will solve the problem is completely delusional.

Yep and anyone who thinks UCF is #4 with that awful schedule is a lunatic. UCF is good but if they played a true SEC, ACC or B1G schedule they'd have two losses at least. Their defense is horrible.

Advertisement
Been listening to him for a while. Die hard Canes fan up in the ATL. The last time he was on wqam before this appearance he did say this season was set up for a diaster after Richt pulled Perry in the UVA game(although I kinda disagree, the season was over after the LSU game IMO). Said Richt did the same thing at UGA. Had a lot of talent and still couldn't win it. Losing to teams he shouldn't of lost to.

Deja Vu

If you go watch them in person no way u think they are the #4 team in the country. I've seen it with my own two eyes.

John says Richt doesn't want to give up play calling. Well, I can see Richt's point. That play calling is some pretty exciting stuff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
B1G and SEC? Correct. ACC? Not a chance. UCF would be undefeated in the Coastal and in 10 hypothetical games against the “best” teams in the the rest of the Atlantic (Syracuse, BC, and NCSt) they’d go 6-4 at worse and possibly 8-2. Clemson is the only team in the ACC in 2018 playing better than UCF. And that is reason alone why the AD should have met Richt on the tarmac at the airport to relieve him of his duties.

I honestly in my WILDEST dreams never thought Richt would be this bad this fast. Simply mind blowing.

Justin Fuente was VT's

Always a roll of the dice.

Justin Fuente was VT's "young innovative mind" hire--and was on several supposed short lists for filling vacancies. Most would argue, like Miami, they [VT] have regressed.

Guy is speaking the truth, nice to hear someone who's honest and passionate about the Canes.

The only way hiring an OC/Richt giving up playcalling works is if he allows said OC to bring in some of his own guys to support his system, and Richt doesn't micromanage the gameplan.

...and we all know how unlikely that is to happen.

Advertisement
Back