John Campbell is not hurt... but he in the portal

Rooster had his chances...he blew it many times. In my opinion Jackson is the only big loss.
Exactly. Rooster definitely has talent, but has proven himself far too unreliable to be a starter we can count on, or even to count on as the "Swiss army knife" type player he SHOULD be able to be and that hopefully Chris Johnson will step into. That leaves him as an occasional role player, and he clearly isnt willing to accept that role. So we lose potential, but not someone we would rely on anyway.

Advertisement
Because we weren’t this year? We knew this was coming don’t act surprised now.

People predicted this, this past year and how it unfolded? Must've missed that because I could've sworn 90 percent of the board or more predicted us as the Coastal champs. Nobody predicted us to finish 5th. Nobody predicted only 5 wins. Nobody predicted we'd look worse than we ever did under Manny. Not even those who weren't high as a kite, like most, when Mario was named the guy.

I was okay with the hire, major reservations though. Nope, I didn't see all of this coming.

If you're strictly speaking on the mass exodus, I expected some but this is reaching biblical proportions. There's some real head scratcher as well and they aren't all because Mario showed them the door.

Yes, some needs will be met through the portal, but we're going to be well below the limit next year. That's my prediction. Depth is going to be an issue all over the field, again a prediction.

The recruiting class, if it finished today is good, but some major holes in it. Thank whomever is floating the bill there. Still, those guys are young so don't count on many insta-starters and when they do, let's not call them Jag's because they were forced to play too soon.

Advertisement
Mass exodus is bad optics but I think many have been saying for years that we needed a blow up. I’m fine with a complete restart. This was a very unlikeable team whether you’re ok with the actual individuals or not. Something drastic clearly had to happen we weren’t just going to smooth the edges. The portal won’t be the answer either. It’s a complete rebuild like Butch and probation.

Keep in mind, some left, and some were asked to leave. Bad optics or not this had to happen. You have to remove the ones who don't buy in and don't want to be here. I wish the young men well. Now it's time to move on and support the players who want to be here and work their asses off to get this program back among the elites. It's going to be painful but this is the real first step toward turning this thing around.

Advertisement
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC
Yes. Yes I am.

Advertisement
Advertisement
People predicted this, this past year and how it unfolded? Must've missed that because I could've sworn 90 percent of the board or more predicted us as the Coastal champs. Nobody predicted us to finish 5th. Nobody predicted only 5 wins. Nobody predicted we'd look worse than we ever did under Manny. Not even those who weren't high as a kite, like most, when Mario was named the guy.

I was okay with the hire, major reservations though. Nope, I didn't see all of this coming.

If you're strictly speaking on the mass exodus, I expected some but this is reaching biblical proportions. There's some real head scratcher as well and they aren't all because Mario showed them the door.

Yes, some needs will be met through the portal, but we're going to be well below the limit next year. That's my prediction. Depth is going to be an issue all over the field, again a prediction.

The recruiting class, if it finished today is good, but some major holes in it. Thank whomever is floating the bill there. Still, those guys are young so don't count on many insta-startersp and when they do, let's not call them Jag's because they were forced to play too soon.
Reservations? In 2 of his 4 years at Oregon Mario appeared in 2 PAC-12 championships and won 1. He also has a Rose Bowl win under his belt.

Now people are questioning his hire.

This **** is just silly!!!

It's amazing that a good portion of this board wanted more than half of this roster gone. Now that 17 players hit the portal, people are *****ing up a storm saying we won't be able to field a team and our depth will suck.
I'm *****ing up a storm because I think it's stupid to want them all gone. You just can't go into a season with 40+ new players and think you're going to freaking improve over the last season.

Reservations? In 2 of his 4 years at Oregon Mario appeared in 2 PAC-12 championships and won 1. He also has a Rose Bowl win under his belt.

Now people are questioning his hire.

This **** is just silly!!!
I questioned the hire before it happened. He was getting his ever loving *** kicked twice by Utah, with his **** players, and we had goobers here acting like it was the best thing in the world he was getting spanked like a $5 hooker.

Advertisement
Back