John Campbell is not hurt... but he in the portal

Advertisement
I'm a little puzzled by this move. I don't think Campbell is a LT. But I think he could have swung over to RT to replace Scaife. Wouldn't he be the penciled-in starter at RT potentially and challenged by a freshman I guess?
Campbell isn’t good they were likely looking to upgrade him just like they are trying to upgrade from clarke

I don't think he ever should've been LT. But what choice did we have?

This consistency talk is though.. Campbell was on his 4th position coach (Searles, Barry, Justice, Mirabal) and about to be on his FIFTH offensive coordinator (Richt/Brown, Enos, Lashlee, Gattis) once Gattis replacement is named.

The guy is an option offense away from the hitting for the cycle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His play got worse as the season went on.

I’ve said it a few times, but in 4yrs he’s never learned how to defend his inside shoulder. It started with MTSU and never improved.

The best thing for all parties is to move on.

Thank you! He & Scaife were two culprits getting our QBs killed. This transfer doesn’t disappoint me ONE bit.

We desperately need portal tackles.

I’m not counting on Zion staying healthy and I’d rather not rely on starting two freshmen tackles either. Although it is a solid place for a built in excuse.

He started 11-12 games there and didn’t allow a sack. That’s a problem ?
Oh no....I agree with the take 100%. The poster I responded to said that John Campbell portaling out was due to being afraid of competition and that we needed that out of our program.

I was just asking him to expound on his thoughts. I posted earlier that Cohen transferring vs Campbell transferring isn't apples to apples but I wanted the poster to give his thoughts/opinion

Advertisement
We desperately need portal tackles.

I’m not counting on Zion staying healthy and I’d rather not rely on starting two freshmen tackles either. Although it is a solid place for a built in excuse.
Zion staying? 👀

Advertisement
He started 11-12 games there and didn’t allow a sack. That’s a problem ?
Cohen is a stud but he absolutely let up sacks that PFF **** is a sorry football website run be idiot nerds who have no clue what they are looking at

Advertisement
Back