2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to smell like churches chicken in this mf'er.
Movie Scene Dance GIF by Fandor

fighter jet preacher GIF

Advertisement
I was very confident on the wins 1-2 weeks out. Things can change , I’m just giving an update of what I’ve been hearing the last 24 hours.
Is it mostly money or other factors?

Advertisement
Is it mostly money or other factors?
Well you know Saban is pushing the "development ... I put them in the NNFL" angle really hard. But ... when he hired a guy TO DEVELOP HIS OL ... it was Mario Cristobal. So .... UM has the OL development personnel between Mario and Alex that is unmatched. Hope Alinen sees it that way ... then the gravy is living in Miami vs. Bama.

Bama and Uga going to do everything they can to slow down this momentum. We cant take our foot off the gas now. We need to go full texas a&m (except come through with our payments). Have to do what it take$$$. We been irrelevant for 2 decades. Going to have to over pay first few years til we start winning and pumping out draft picks. Then, it might get a little easier.

Just curious about the bolded part, something I’ve always wondered - how often have you seen it backfire on a coach/schools when he’s basically bugging the **** out of a recruit because he’s leaning elsewhere and about to commit?

Maybe I’m way off-base, but I imagine that **** can be infuriating if your mind is pretty much made up at a certain point.
I can give my personal reflection on that. I had a recruiter my senior year, start coming to multiple practices, swinging by my house, calling my phone, my dads phone, nonstop. This was a D3 school too, so I can’t imagine being a top notch recruit. Anyways, I got so annoyed by the constant badgering that I ended up not going there and stopped answering his calls. I imagine, that to some of these recruits, the constant contact can be a turnoff.

Advertisement
Shadow got despondent with canes football, especially around Golden era I want to say, life happened I think he was opening new business, having kids, etc. Was funny when him and CaneInJersey basically told the board focus on life and put canes ball on back burner because it aint getting any better and basically next 10 years they were 100% right. Just seemed crazy at time that two of that boards pillars were like **** this if the school doesnt care why should we. The board relocated to some other website, I took that as opportunity to break away and only visit here and wez so I dont know much after that..

It's too bad about Shadow. He had really great insight and could break a recruit down with the best of them. I always thought his analysis (and Laus03's as well) were more on point than mfcanes or CaneInJersey or JoeyJr. or nole80 (which is not to say they weren't great either. They were all good in their own ways and that was reason why that was my main board for a while. It wasn't because of recruiting hot scoops, but the analysis of games and recruits and players that was top-notch.). Kinda wish he was still around, but if I remember right, I think you're correct. I think he had a kid and Miami was at the tail-end of Golden ****. Bad combo for staying online, lol.

Well you know Saban is pushing the "development ... I put them in the NNFL" angle really hard. But ... when he hired a guy TO DEVELOP HIS OL ... it was Mario Cristobal. So .... UM has the OL development personnel between Mario and Alex that is unmatched. Hope Alinen sees it that way ... then the gravy is living in Miami vs. Bama.
I got to believe
That his parents are gonna like coming to visit Miami a lot more than wherever bama is

Advertisement
Bama and Uga going to do everything they can to slow down this momentum. We cant take our foot off the gas now. We need to go full texas a&m (except come through with our payments). Have to do what it take$$$. We been irrelevant for 2 decades. Going to have to over pay first few years til we start winning and pumping out draft picks. Then, it might get a little easier.
This is why 247 and the rest are sec/blue/blood plants.
If they feel a kid is trending away from the usual suspects they drop their nuts to let them know what’s up. They fcked up with Popo Wayne and Mauigoa.
Now the bagmen cometh. Even for the committed dudes.
The fight has just begun.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back