2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a exception to the rule. Bama has been up a current Miami leans *** the last few days doing their damndess . Same with Uga and a current target.

Ask @IndayArtHauz about how crazy this is. We were on the phone a few years ago watching a commit choose , I texted him “just get through this without UGA interfering“. Then said recruit gets two phone calls and leaves the stage , next thing a Uga hat was pulled from under the table. Leading up to that it was a UT vs Auburn battle. So within minutes it went from Miami jumping in late to Uga. Ironically we both missed on the same player to go after this kid.
Just curious about the bolded part, something I’ve always wondered - how often have you seen it backfire on a coach/schools when he’s basically bugging the **** out of a recruit because he’s leaning elsewhere and about to commit?

Maybe I’m way off-base, but I imagine that **** can be infuriating if your mind is pretty much made up at a certain point.

Advertisement
Tae is gone. James will be gone after three too. Kam is emotionally mature. He’ll weigh all options and maximize his earning potential, based on his draft grade. Like Stevenson, I trust him to think before he jumps. There’s nothing wrong with being a kid. We’ve all been there and done that. It’s takes a rare kid to recognize it’s a marathon, not a sprint. I won’t ever fault any kid for jumping, if they’re projected to go in the first two rounds. Hopefully they all get good council
This is one of the things Alonzo can knock out of the park. He'll be straight FACTS with these young men. No better advice than from a former NFL GM/Personnel Director.

We’ll see. I hope you’re right, but often times they just want to get to the NFL

Ruiz and others started doing NIL before the time players had to declare for 2022 nfl draft.

The only player of note that still chose to leave was Rambo. You could possibly add Bolden and Cam'Ron, if you think we wanted them back.

The players that would almost certainly have left prior years but returned to school (and got NIL deals) is large, but I'll just name: Stevenson, Blades, Hedley, Frierson, Zion, Scaife, Mallory, etc

Advertisement
Ruiz and others started doing NIL before the time players had to declare for 2022 nfl draft.

The only player of note that still chose to leave was Rambo. You could possibly add Bolden and Cam'Ron, if you think we wanted them back.

The players that would almost certainly have left prior years but returned to school (and got NIL deals) is large, but I'll just name: Stevenson, Blades, Hedley, Frierson, Zion, Scaife, Mallory, etc

Not one of those kids stayed with NIL in mind. Frankly every one of them made the decision to not declare before he was involved. They all got much less for returning than they might have, had they know what was coming.

Advertisement
I actually said there wouldn’t be any curry on that day lol.

I don’t like where things are trending today , that’s all I’m saying until I hear different.
This seemed to be the pattern for most our recruiting wins the last few weeks.We make our move and feel confident,then the enemy counters and they feel good and a day or 2 before the commit Mario closes the deal.Let's see if the trend continues with Aguero and Alinen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This seemed to be the pattern for most our recruiting wins the last few weeks.We make our move and feel confident,then the enemy counters and they feel good and a day or 2 before the commit Mario closes the deal.Let's see if the trend continues with Aguero and Alinen.
I was very confident on the wins 1-2 weeks out. Things can change , I’m just giving an update of what I’ve been hearing the last 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back