Joe Z blew his load over the 2 qb's

Here's a hot take for you: we don't need last minute, miracle catches by Langham to beat GT and FSU, and we beat Pitt if Kaaya is QB in 2017 instead of Rosier. That's not a knock on Rosier, I appreciate everything he did for us, but Kaaya doesn't get benched for Evan Shirreffs in a game that probably gets us into the CFP.
I agree with that hot take. My hot take on the 2017 season: We don’t blow out Virginia Tech or Notre Dame with Kaaya at Qb. I think we lose one of those two with him under center. Rosiers mobility was desperately needed in those games. Specifically on the qb draws we had success with

Advertisement
I agree with that hot take. My hot take on the 2017 season: We don’t blow out Virginia Tech or Notre Dame with Kaaya at Qb. I think we lose one of those two with him under center. Rosiers mobility was desperately needed in those games. Specifically on the qb draws we had success with

You must not have been in the stadium for those two games cause QB play was a non factor. Our defense and the crowd steamrolled both those teams.

You must not have been in the stadium for those two games cause QB play was a non factor. Our defense and the crowd steamrolled both those teams.
I was at both games And agree to an extent. The place was rocking no doubt. But rosier made some really big plays in both of those games as well. Credit to richt for dialing up some very well timed draws for him

That’s the case with majority of QBs..we saw how ineffective baby goat was with a suspect line against 4 or 3 man pressure in the bowl

Yeah, but it took injuries to that "suspect line" for Searles to realize He had guys in the wrong spot.

Linder should've never started over Gall at Center, Linder was absolute garbage.

And McDermott should've been starting at LT over Darling the whole time.

Not 00' & 01' quality, but Kaaya had some solid O-Lines in His time here.

Advertisement
I always questioned Kaaya's lack of mobility/pocket presence as a factor in whether he could have flourished in Richt's RPO system in 2017, but as others pointed out he got much better in the latter half of 2016 and maybe he would have continued to thrive in 2017. Neither of those games were close, particularly the ND game. I think we win both easy but it's one of those things we'll never know the answer to.

I always questioned Kaaya's lack of mobility/pocket presence as a factor in whether he could have flourished in Richt's RPO system in 2017, but as others pointed out he got much better in the latter half of 2016 and maybe he would have continued to thrive in 2017. Neither of those games were close, particularly the ND game. I think we win both easy but it's one of those things we'll never know the answer to.

Kaaya could actually run the RPO, Richt didn't.

A QBs running ability, or lack thereof, doesn't effect the RPO too much...I think you're thinking about the Zone Read?

Bad on Greentree.

True freshman against #3 FSU. He throws for 316 yards and 2 TDs. Defense can't stop Dalvin Cook on game-winning TD drive.

Sophomore against #12 FSU. He throws for 405 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. Dalvin Cook has 269 scrimmage yards and 3 TDs.

Last chance against FSU. He leads the game-tying drive and the Noles block the XP.
... And got what should have been the game tying TD on forth and goal from the 11.

Advertisement
Back