Joe Yearby vs Dalvin Cook

Advertisement
Yearby is the better RB. Why else would he have started over Cook at Central???

Cook is just an athlete. Yeah, I would've offered him as a Saftey, but as a RB? No way

Cook lost a fumble tonight. Yearby hasn't lost a fumble ALL YEAR!

Yearby ran ran for 2k yards in Dade as a Sophomore. Dis Cook ever do that? NO!

Give me Yearby all day!

Cook is just an athlete. Yeah, I would've offered him as a Saftey, but as a RB? No way

Give me Yearby all day!

Yearby's style isn't gonna translate well in college and especially not the pros, atleast not what he did in HS. He'll occasionally make sick cuts but Cook will always be able to hit a small crease and potentially break way and he has just enough footwork to not be considered a pure strightline runner.

Also cook is alredy 5'11"-6'0" and 200lbs and look how lean he is compared to duke or yearby, and he could easily be 215 by his junir year and not lose a step. Hate to say it but cook has the edge. You can't just label him an "athlete" when he's now bailed Jameis out 3times when it counted and broke long runs against top oppenents.

66 of Cooks yards came off of 2 plays that seen some of the worst tackling. That I have come accustomed to watching out of this defense over the years. Only thing missing would have been cook having a towel hang out the back. So he could drag them Romeo Davis style, because them dudes just looked pathetic.

Advertisement
No even close never was never will be.... Now if scar dex and walton come in ... I love them

But why did everyone say Yearby was the better back and runner in highschool?

Those were the slurpers, the smart fans new cook was NCAA ready and his game is made for the pros. Ask dmoney **** tell u cook was the guy and Michel too, we got the third guy in our back ***ing yard......unreal man I was so upset about this then and more upset now.

66 of Cooks yards came off of 2 plays that seen some of the worst tackling. That I have come accustomed to watching out of this defense over the years. Only thing missing would have been cook having a towel hang out the back. So he could drag them Romeo Davis style, because them dudes just looked pathetic.

Cooks power mand speed made them miss.

yeah, ok man

yeah, ok man

Ok well see next year again when he gets stronger, u can't take angles on him which leads to arm tackles. Which leads to broken tackles plus the speed, cook made those plays wtf were u watching. Our DL sux though to I won't lie but y did we want cook soooooooooooo baaaaaaad. C'mon man think

Advertisement

Give me Yearby all day!

Wouldnt offer as Runningback?!

LMAO.. Boy, let me tell you...

Give me Yearby all day!

Cook had more yards, TDs, & a higher YPC as a senior compared to Yearby at central.

In my eyes the backs got reversed; FSU got Duke the explosive constant homerun threat Miami got Freeman the constant Slasher that is a great running back.

Both great college backs. Yearby and the studs we have coming in will wreck.

Yea, we dont need players who can get 66 yards on 2 plays... Those guys suck!

Give me Yearby all day!

When will u figure out body type and speed has to translate in college, that's y the football recruit gurus knew cook had a better ceiling. U have to watch the hilight tape forget the comp and increase the opponants speed put him in the NCAA than u can tell if he can play at this level. All hilight tapes r good man, Yearby was never going to be better than cook or Michel period.

Advertisement
yearby is astud not sure what some of u are watching

he needs to get stronger but all the tools are there, he had some good runs tonight.

but that last run on the last drive duke would have taken for a 1st down, the draw was a good call but yearby got ankle tackled...can't happen.

Give me Yearby all day!

Yearby's style isn't gonna translate well in college and especially not the pros, atleast not what he did in HS. He'll occasionally make sick cuts but Cook will always be able to hit a small crease and potentially break way and he has just enough footwork to not be considered a pure strightline runner.

Also cook is alredy 5'11"-6'0" and 200lbs and look how lean he is compared to duke or yearby, and he could easily be 215 by his junir year and not lose a step. Hate to say it but cook has the edge. You can't just label him an "athlete" when he's now bailed Jameis out 3times when it counted and broke long runs against top oppenents.

Valid points...but you're basing your logic on the fact that Cook is bigger, stronger, faster, gets more yards per carry, scores more TD's, is more versatile, comes up big in big games, has a higher ceiling, and is more talented.

I mean...could you be any more irrational?

Yearby started at Central. Cook was his backup. Case closed, give me Yearby.

he needs to get stronger but all the tools are there, he had some good runs tonight.

but that last run on the last drive duke would have taken for a 1st down, the draw was a good call but yearby got ankle tackled...can't happen.

Duke should of got every snap last drive, incredible. It's a chance to make a statement unbelievable.

Advertisement
it wasn't bad tackling, the thing with speed guys is they are moving so fast the even a subtle wiggle throws the defender off balance and forces them to unsquare themselves, plus he's not a light weight like reggie bush or other speed backs. cook has done that 3 times now in big games

edit: I meant cook, changed it

Im not saying he isn't a stud, Im saying cook is the man is all. If we had both Cook and yearby on our team right now, who starts?

What would happen if cook being 6'0" 200lbs got that draw on second down in the 4th quarter?

Im fine with yearby dex scar walton... Over cook pinder patrick

I dunno man I can't think like this

How bout scarlett cook Michel Collins

I mean we had gore gahee Portis James
If Butch did it, it can be done. I know everyone gonna say it's unrealistic but Bama does it and Fsu is about to start doing it. All those RBs can run away from elite defenses, we don't have a guy on the roster that has taken it to the house vs Fsu in years. They get cook and he makes us look slow, that's what speed does. Miami used to recruit these speed demons now Fsu gets them.

Advertisement
Back