Joe Yearby vs Dalvin Cook

WhyCanesWhy

Thunderdome
who will have the better transition into the bigger leagues?

So far cook seems to be clutch and powerful as he is fast

Yearby is a very good with cutting

who do you honestly think will have the better career?

Advertisement
Cook no doubt. We haven't seen the best of Yearby but I think he'll be second-string once Scarlett arrives.

Depends on which learns to block the best. Protecting the QB is important. I thin Joe is better receiver, that is big with most NFL teams.

If it were reversed, Yearby would have ran all over us, while Cook played second fiddle to Duke and rightfully so. Cool is very talented but he is also benefited by playing behind a good athlete that sucks at playing football in Karlos Williams.

Advertisement
Cook is built very well. Dude has more power and he has just enough wiggle to not be lumped in as a Lamar Miller clone

I think he would be the starter on any college team even though Yearby started over him, both are good but I see Cook taking it at this level

If it were reversed, Yearby would have ran all over us, while Cook played second fiddle to Duke and rightfully so. Cool is very talented but he is also benefited by playing behind a good athlete that sucks at playing football in Karlos Williams.

You cant coach that kind of speed or train for it at this point in a players career, he breaks long runs and has enough muscle to break tackles. Also he has LEAN muscle so he won't lose a step like Duke did because he's alredy made to be a 215 pound speedster. He's not as good as Duke Johnson tho.

Cook is better. I don't see it as a very close race. Cook is: more explosive, harder to bring down, better vision.

I mean, Yearby is decent, but Cook is great. Dude is still running on Miami and the games been over for an hour now.

Advertisement
Cook is better. I don't see it as a very close race. Cook is: more explosive, harder to bring down, better vision.

I mean, Yearby is decent, but Cook is great. Dude is still running on Miami and the games been over for an hour now.

Yearby has better feet and vision. Cook is just insanely explosive.

I'll ride with Yearby but Cook is a better prospect.

we got sloppy seconds. Joe shirts on many ranked teams, and we have him in there on the final drive. SMH....

Advertisement
Yea, I was ****ed that Duke was cramping because Yearby trips over his feet a lot and this isn't HS where you can make cuts on defenders that over pursue. I see Yearby as a consistent 10yard slasher but cook is a burner

Many said Yearby was the better runner but college suits cook better and I dnt see Yearby starting over Cook at this level, sorta like How Keith Marshall was Ranked higher than Gurley, but Gurley started freshman year and has been since then.

No hate to Yearby but wish we could've landed cook, him as a backup would've changed this entire season

Also tbh Scarlett isn't that special to me, he's just extremely well built

What?

There is nothing I have seen from Yearby that would make me believe he is NFL bound in 3 years. He has great quickness and cutting ability. But that boy needs to start performing at an elite level before we start talking 3 and out.

He got dragged down by one hand on a run today. 10 carries for 34 years. If Gus did that, you would be talking transfer after the season.

I give his performance today a C. And you are talking 3 and out. SMFH

Advertisement
This, when I saw him going in, in the 4th quarter I literally got butterlies because Yearby trips on his feet a lot, doesn't have great speed and isn't barry sanders(dnt think there will be another anytime soon). He's a 5-10yard slasher and doesn't have the power and balance duke had.

Cook should've started over him in HS, dnt know how cook didn't end up here, but he's an enemy now so wutever

Advertisement
Back