Joe yearby, dalvin cook, and Trevor darling update

Advertisement
Canes Keeping Up With Miami Trio
-Roland Smith has a very talented team at Miami Central. The Canes are heavily recruiting three of his players: Dalvin Cook, Trevor Darling and Joe Yearby
-Of Yearby, Smith said, "He's doing real well. He's leading the team in rushing, is running full go. Him and Dalvin complement each other real well."
-Says his best qualities are "his vision and his feet"
-Smith says that Yearby reminds him of Antwain Easterling or Leonard Conley
-Says he thinks his biggest adjustment at the next level with be pass blocking
-Yearby is setting up officials to South Florida and USC "to make sure Miami is the right decision." Says he thinks he'll be a Cane, though.
-Smith says with UM after Cook, "you never know what might happen."
-"I tell him it's his decision, his decision only because he's the one that has to be there 3-4 years. Miami's recruiting him hard. Nothing would shock me - he went to Texas and said he could see himself there too. But right now he's committed to Florida."
-Smith says that Darling is "progressing real well, is doing a tremendous job for us. He's paving the way, had a tremendous game against Don Bosco."
-Says Darling will need to improve his footwork to go agains speed rushers at next level
-He thinks Darling will be a left or right tackle at UM
-Says he has a great relationship with Golden. Said that the staff really did a great job of allowing him to be in the loop even when he wasn't coaching.

Link: http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1552812

Not gettin my hopes up about Cook. dude just wants out, can't blame him because I grew up in Kendall and I got out as soon as I could so I can't even imagine how dudes from the hood feel.

J
Not gettin my hopes up about Cook. dude just wants out, can't blame him because I grew up in Kendall and I got out as soon as I could so I can't even imagine how dudes from the hood feel.
Except he doesn't live in Kendall

Advertisement
You guys didn't read or understand BlackKeysFan entire sentence.

dude just wants out, can't blame him because I grew up in Kendall and I got out as soon as I could so I can't even imagine how dudes from the hood feel.

Advertisement
coral gables is out compared to where he is coming from. that being said i have no problem with someone wanting to go away for school.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Cook wants to go, let him go. God forbid, we have a Matthew Thomas situation on our hands with this guy. He commits to us, then wants out of the LOI because he never wanted to attend here to begin with he just felt pressured to by outside influences. If they cant see what is going on at Greentree and what Al is building EXTREMELY fast then I dont know what to tell him.

At first I thought we had a better shot at flipping Cook but now I think we might have a better chance at flipping Lane. Lane seems like he wasnt expecting us to be good this year and is afraid that if we ball out that he might actually want back in! I really believe he is confused. Cook on the other hand knows exactly where he wants to go. And it aint UM.

Advertisement
[]_[]nique-31;1606339 said:
lol, why can't he get "out" and get to coral gables?

Because coral gables is a short drive away from where he is compared to multiple hours away!

another net positive. he can get out and still only have a short drive home to get a home cooked meal.

That is true but you know some kids like to get a better sense of independence by getting out of arms length of their parents and in some cases their peers. Seeing different things, experiencing a different atmosphere.

Because coral gables is a short drive away from where he is compared to multiple hours away!

another net positive. he can get out and still only have a short drive home to get a home cooked meal.
Best of both worlds, too bad it's recruiting and logic does not apply

He wants to "get out" and then goes to **** *** gainseville? That ain't where you get out to when you want to get out.

Best of both worlds, too bad it's recruiting and logic does not apply

It doesn't apply to who though? The recruits or to the fans, because both situations exist.

Advertisement
Back