Joe Salave’a

Alright, now that my ECW high is over w/,

I’m not sure what some in this fan base wants anymore. We just had chitty play, coaching, evals, & recruiting for yrs, yet I’ve heard:

-“But, but, but I rather have had Lane than Mario, b/c b/c b/c even though Lane ain’t won CHIT in his career as a HC, & he’s not a recruiter, he has an exciting O, bro, Mario only won The Pac-12 b/c, b/c, b/c it’s weak bro.”

-But, but, but, I rather have Jurich b/c, b/c b/c UL who haven’t won CHIT, became a good program under him. And he’s dirty, we, we need that. Sure Radakovich may have won some Nat’l titles in FOOTBALL, and help build Clemson into a power, but, but, but we don’t need facilities, bro, & Jurich was a great AD back in 2013 when UL vacated the BASKETBALL Nat’l title. He’s innocent, I tell u, b/c he received a severance package!”

Now I’m hearing, chit about Joe. Lol. U all been begging for Polynesians, and while @Paranos tried his best to bring up every cot **** Polynesian recruit or Portal candidate to will them to us, I’ve been very clear we’ve had zero shot b/c we didn’t have the infrastructure both from a program or community standpoint. Now? We’ll have that opp, and more complaining?

“But, but, but Partridge, bro.” I get it; I wanted Partridge, too, but let’s stop acting like Joe is some *******!
-He’s avg recruiting composite rating is a 89.6 which is a low 4*. Partridge avg recruiting rank is 84.1 which is a 3 star (Fun fact, Partridge has only recruited four 4* kids in his entire career, and zero 5* kids)

-Joe helped recruit the #2 LB, #4 LB, #2 DE, #2 OG, #1, #6 OT, & #9 OT IN THE NATION.

-Coaching? I get these last 2 yrs Yrs have been less than stellar, but Oregon’s DL has been very good at getting to the QB & back field since Joe’s been there.

Again, Partridge was my 1st choice, but I’m definitely not complaining if Joe is our coach. Bring me The Usos, and bring me toughness w/o trinkets.
1640453865978.gif

Advertisement
One thing I've noticed from my time on the west coast is tungans and Samoans relate very well to a certain mind set. Rough is the easiest way to put it and that's what we need in the trenches.

Generalizations are just that, general statements that do not apply to every individual in a group. That said, most of the Polys I have met are serious, God fearing, family focused dudes. Most are not into noisily bumping their gums, and are all about that action. I'm one of those that would love to see a few Polys in our trench warfare.

He has been at Toledo the last couple of years.

Burned some bridges along the way and he must have sucked at interviews because he never got the NFL job he desperately wanted despite multiple interviews with NFL teams over the years.

Kuligowski is a very good technical teacher but his personality does not seem suited to recruiting. He strikes me as a curmudgeonly dude that just wants to teach. "Sales aka recruiting?"

iu

Generalizations are just that, general statements that do not apply to every individual in a group. That said, most of the Polys I have met are serious, God fearing, family focused dudes. Most are not into noisily bumping their gums, and are all about that action. I'm one of those that would love to see a few Polys in our trench warfare.
If you took it to mean I was saying they are anything but what you said as well than I didn't get my point across well. I'd love to get some on our side. I'm simply saying they get along well with the rougher crowds. Simple fact. Nothing disparaging in that.

If you took it to mean I was saying they are anything but what you said as well than I didn't get my point across well. I'd love to get some on our side. I'm simply saying they get along well with the rougher crowds. Simple fact. Nothing disparaging in that.

No, my brother, I didn't take it as anything but positive, and your point was well taken. My mention re: generalizations was a preface to my own statement. I'm on the same page as you.

Advertisement
Just stopping in to say that attending ECW matches as a young dude, including their second ever PPV at the Ft LAuderdale War Memorial was a fantastic experience and is the pinnacle of wrestling enjoyment for me. Watching the tv shows late at night was so unlike anything else at the time. Like when the power went out at a show in Philly and Kimona Wanaleia did a strip tease, or just 15 mins alone of Sandman smashing cans. Terry Funk, RVD, Dreamer, and for me most of all Sabu, who I agree is the pioneer of today's style. I stopped watching wrestling early in the 2000s (never even saw Cena wrestle a match) but I am enjoying AEW.

Back to UM content, this coach is going to be the best for Dline we've had in a while and I'm looking forward to seeing monsters on defense once again.

Alright, now that my ECW high is over w/,

I’m not sure what some in this fan base wants anymore. We just had chitty play, coaching, evals, & recruiting for yrs, yet I’ve heard:

-“But, but, but I rather have had Lane than Mario, b/c b/c b/c even though Lane ain’t won CHIT in his career as a HC, & he’s not a recruiter, he has an exciting O, bro, Mario only won The Pac-12 b/c, b/c, b/c it’s weak bro.”

-But, but, but, I rather have Jurich b/c, b/c b/c UL who haven’t won CHIT, became a good program under him. And he’s dirty, we, we need that. Sure Radakovich may have won some Nat’l titles in FOOTBALL, and help build Clemson into a power, but, but, but we don’t need facilities, bro, & Jurich was a great AD back in 2013 when UL vacated the BASKETBALL Nat’l title. He’s innocent, I tell u, b/c he received a severance package!”

Now I’m hearing, chit about Joe. Lol. U all been begging for Polynesians, and while @Paranos tried his best to bring up every cot **** Polynesian recruit or Portal candidate to will them to us, I’ve been very clear we’ve had zero shot b/c we didn’t have the infrastructure both from a program or community standpoint. Now? We’ll have that opp; yet, more complaining?

“But, but, but Partridge, bro.” I get it; I wanted Partridge, too, but let’s stop acting like Joe is some *******!
-His avg recruiting composite rating is a 89.6 which is a low 4*. Partridge avg recruiting rank is 84.1 which is a 3 star (Fun fact, Partridge has only recruited four 4* kids in his entire career, and zero 5* kids)

-Joe helped recruit the #2 LB, #4 LB, #2 DE, #2 OG, #1, #6 OT, & #9 OT IN THE NATION.

-Coaching? I get these last 2 yrs Yrs have been less than stellar, but Oregon’s DL has been very good at getting to the QB & back field since Joe’s been there.

Again, Partridge was my 1st choice, but I’m definitely not complaining if Joe is our coach. Bring me The Usos, and bring me toughness w/o trinkets.

@RVACane if you see another user name with my same IP, it's just me creating a 2nd temporary one so I can like this post twice. Thanks.

Advertisement

Only quoting myself because I am really happy we got a kid of this quality as a player and a person. My ***** Francis said today "I don't like to talk a lot. I like the action. I'm all about the action." This cat is going to spend the next few years trying to literally make people part of the Earth. I'm beyond pumped!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back