Joe Salave’a

How are these rankings compiled? And in what world is Jess Simpson the 13th best DL coach in all of CFB?
You 1st have to explain why he's not?

You probably judging him based upon Manny continuously running dumb *** stunts and NOT his ability to actually coach the position.

Advertisement
Either him or his twin was at practice today. Oregon DL coach.

11 titles (AHC, DRGC, DL... and I swear one more) and $650k salary at Oregon. Been AHC+ wherever he's been for about a decade. Quite the CV. And Mario knows him in and out. I kinda love this if it happens. Maybe we crack open the Polynesian door recruiting-wise, finally.

Edit: A member of the Polynesian Football Hall of Fame and an eight-year NFL veteran, Joe Salave’a is in his fifth year at Oregon and fourth as associate head coach, co-defensive coordinator, run-game coordinator and defensive line coach.

No idea if he’s good or not, but I watched his DL get their sh*t pushed in twice in a three week span by Utah. Maybe that points more toward the S&C coach (which Miami also hired) but color me skeptical on this dude

Advertisement
Mario probably has a couple more million to play with than Manny did. his staff should be an upgrade over Manny's. these names sound like a lateral move.

Advertisement
download (8).jpeg

I will defer to the experts on this guy versus others. But he does check a lot of boxes. Very active in recruiting, already coached at a top P5, lifted the DL to much higher productivity there, walks-the-walk so will garner the respect of our DL players. I like him a lot, just don't know how he compares to our other options. Is Partridge even in play?

Advertisement
I don’t know much about him, but with the money available and the athletes in S Fla, Mario has a lot of people wanting to be on this staff. we aren’t beggars, we are choosers. Expect Mario to make very good decisions resulting in a very good staff.
I trust in Mario!!

Advertisement
This is a good hire, a **** good one. Certain positions require a tactician more than a recruiter. OL & DL coaches teach a ton, so you want a strong teacher in those spots. Joe is also a decent recruiter(Not elite, but he carries his own weight), and you can also have Mario team with him as needed. You can't argue with his success, and he's been a rising star for years. I've talked to multiple people here in Arizona about him and everyone raves about him, and his relationships with schools here. If he can start selling a couple of Polynesian kids on Miami(Which can happen, the Miami sales pitch should be very attractive to those kids, a lot of what SC offers, Miami offers, just on the east coast)

Mario probably has a couple more million to play with than Manny did. his staff should be an upgrade over Manny's. these names sound like a lateral move.
What? Joe is a legit top tier coach.

The problem is that a lot of our fans don't watch a **** thing west of the Mississippi, so they don't think there's quality out there. This guy is solid, well respected. You aren't going to have a team of all stars, you need **** good coaches, and Joe fits that bill. A **** good teacher that can recruit and will build the kind of culture that one would want on the DL.

Advertisement
Back