Joe Burrow- possible transfer

So you're telling me this kid doesn't want to be burrowed on Urb's depth chart?

I'm here all week.

Advertisement
This guy ain't coming. You're telling me he's gonna run from competition at OSU to come join the cluster-F of competition we got going on in Coral Gables?!?!

He's gonna transfer to another school where he's a lock to be a starter. That is the only move that makes sense for him. It's either that or go join the Fighting Lane Kiffins, AKA the Last Chance U of Division 1.

I mean...

Not sure what the difference between him, N'kosi, and Jarren is? Joe has thrown 39 passes in 3 years. Do we really need another unproven QB to add to the mix in this, and one that clearly wants to go to a place where he is given the inside track to start?

You are right about that. A bunch of want to be coaches who think they know more than Richt and his assistants. These genius analysts then adopt an agenda and threaten anybody that disagreed with them. It seems that this forums main purpose is to allow posters to vent their hostilities and show how stupid they are.

Advertisement
Being a Canes fan living in Ohio I can’t help but get information coming out of Columbus conscerning their QB competition between Dwayne Haskins and Burrow....Haskins is the favorite to win but that isn’t a mark on Burrow, bcuz he is talented as well and is a natural thrower of the ball and set many Ohio highschool passing marks while in highschool. He graduates next month and has 2 yrs of eligibility remaining, and has said he is looking to transfer if he doesn’t win the job.....With the inconsistent problems coming from our Qb room, I think he is someone to take a flier on if and when he leaves OSU....

"can't help but get information out of Columbus"

You know you can ignore it...I live incraphio too and pull it off

From the comments section of the blog:

"Joe has a decent arm and is far more accurate than JTB was. His accuracy is probably enough to keep defenses honest and is going to be more of a game manager than a guy who can put the offense on his shoulders and win a game by picking apart a defense.

While his arm strength is clearly improved, he doesn’t have the arm to terrorize a secondary. Good but not NFL caliber arm strength."

Suckeye Fans are like broken clocks...They can be right twice a day!

There's a transfer coming from UTK and most expect him to play - maybe start - @ guard. Also a FR arrives in fall.
Reportedly, the on-the-field performance of the UT kid was average, at best. No tears being shed up there regarding his departure. Hopefully, the light bulb will come on but ... not a good sign if he walks right into a starting OL job with UM.

I saw an article today saying LSU was given permission to reach out to Burrow.

I would prefer their QB room to remain a mess until after we destroy them. I wouldn't mind Burrow here either....although i know it's not happening. He will have 2 years to play wherever he goes.

Looking at college football and what mobile qb’s have done with horrible o lines, receivers that don’t block and backs who can’t catch makes me feel really good about next season . People say they were begging us to through the ball. But at the same time they also weren’t really scared of the qb extending the play or taking off if the play broke down. Hence the Notre lame game where Malik was able to run up the middle. I know a lot of people are on the j dub train and I like the kid too.
But Perry has a particular set of skills that he’s acquired throughout his lifetime. Skills that make it a nightmare for defensive coordinators to plan for.
The worst thing that defender can do is think too much and with Perry that’s gonna happen a lot more than anyone else in our team imo.

Advertisement
I saw an article today saying LSU was given permission to reach out to Burrow.

I would prefer their QB room to remain a mess until after we destroy them. I wouldn't mind Burrow here either....although i know it's not happening. He will have 2 years to play wherever he goes.

Might not be a bad thing if he goes to LSU. Sure he's probably better than what they have but facing us in Week 1 with only Fall camp under his belt isnt exactly ideal for LSU

Being a Canes fan living in Ohio I can’t help but get information coming out of Columbus conscerning their QB competition between Dwayne Haskins and Burrow....Haskins is the favorite to win but that isn’t a mark on Burrow, bcuz he is talented as well and is a natural thrower of the ball and set many Ohio highschool passing marks while in highschool. He graduates next month and has 2 yrs of eligibility remaining, and has said he is looking to transfer if he doesn’t win the job.....With the inconsistent problems coming from our Qb room, I think he is someone to take a flier on if and when he leaves OSU....
To be a 5th stringer for us? No thanx! Because even if he’s good he won’t learn the playbook in the short time and he’ll be at the bottom of the depth chart. It would be stupid on his part!! We need the space anyway, pass on this!

My concern about Williams is that as 4 yrs as a starting highschool qb his teams never sniffed the playoffs! That’s kinda unheard of when talking about a major d1 QB recruit

When Central Gwinnett loses a game 69-44 you know it is not due to offensive production. Yes, you'd like to have a kid who also comes from a program with a winning tradition. I will say this. How many games does Central Gwinnett win last year without Williams? You have to look what's around him. The kid threw for 3,000 yards with 28 touchdowns and only 4 interceptions. He performed very well this spring and looks like the goods. Smart, athletic, very good mechanics, college-ready size, hard worker. Bright future ahead.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Florida, LSU and Nebraska labeled as the front runners. Would prefer he end up at Nebraska and leave UF and LSU QB rooms as dumpster fires.

Nebraska isn't recruiting him.

My buddy writes for one of the Ohio St sites. He told me UF, Iowa St, and Oklahoma St are most likely. LSU, Cinncinnati, and UCLA also in the picture

Joe Burrow is **** good. Every time i watched him i thought how much more dangerous that team would be with him at QB instead of Barrett. Injuries derailed him a little but i would take him in a heartbeat, no questions asked. If that made N'Kosi transfer, so be it. Williams would be waiting in the wings. We just can't let another season go by with mediocre QB play and waste the opportunity this team can have with the other studs like JJax/MJax, Jaquan, Willis, Richards, Shaq, Pinck, etc....all of whom could be gone next year.
Backup QBs always look great...until they don't. He's not going to come in during the summer, learn the playbook, then win the starting job. I don't see any movement by the coaching staff in that direction. I'm good with what we have.

Advertisement
Back