Joe Burrow- possible transfer

Nebraska isn't recruiting him.

My buddy writes for one of the Ohio St sites. He told me UF, Iowa St, and Oklahoma St are most likely. LSU, Cinncinnati, and UCLA also in the picture

You need to pick better friends...
c6b22438e9a1fe69ec94d16438a5285f.jpg

Advertisement
Nebraska isn't recruiting him.

My buddy writes for one of the Ohio St sites. He told me UF, Iowa St, and Oklahoma St are most likely. LSU, Cinncinnati, and UCLA also in the picture

Asked again, since obviously it's been reported he's visiting Cincy and LSU.

Apparently Burrow doesn't want to go through much of a recruitment and just wants to pick a school. Don't be surprised if he announces to LSU by early next week. Burrow's dad knows one of LSU's coaches, and they're essentially promising him the starting job

Backup QBs always look great...until they don't. He's not going to come in during the summer, learn the playbook, then win the starting job. I don't see any movement by the coaching staff in that direction. I'm good with what we have.

I tend to agree, unless its someone like Russell Wilson who was great at his previous school.

People were upset we didn't take Malik Zaire last year, especially since ND fans were hyping him up. Burrow might be good, but you're still talking about a RS Jr who has done nothing to date. Plus you might lose both Nkosi and JW if you take him, since he has 2 years left. So I'm not sure it's worth it

Backup QBs always look great...until they don't. He's not going to come in during the summer, learn the playbook, then win the starting job. I don't see any movement by the coaching staff in that direction. I'm good with what we have.

Ours haven't in recent years - if they had, we would have had another guy starting at times last year and the current battle wouldn't be so muddled and filled with inconsistencies. Hunter Johnson might be a backup and be forced to transfer at Clemson if he can't win the job this year over Kelly and then possibly loses out to Lawrence next year. Would that make him just another "backup QB who always looks great until he doesn't"?

I said in another post that it's not happening....just as you said. But just because it's not doesn't mean it couldn't and/or wouldn't work out. College offenses these days are not all that complicated.

Ours haven't in recent years - if they had, we would have had another guy starting at times last year and the current battle wouldn't be so muddled and filled with inconsistencies. Hunter Johnson might be a backup and be forced to transfer at Clemson if he can't win the job this year over Kelly and then possibly loses out to Lawrence next year. Would that make him just another "backup QB who always looks great until he doesn't"?

I said in another post that it's not happening....just as you said. But just because it's not doesn't mean it couldn't and/or wouldn't work out. College offenses these days are not all that complicated.

The difference is if HJ transfers he'll have a year to sit out and get up to speed.

I agree college offenses are getting simpler, but it's still tough to come in, lead the team, and play at a high level with only a month of camp and facing a really good team in Week 1.

A lot of grad transfers have disappointed, which is why ones like Russell Wilson stick out. And I'd rather not risk losing Jarren especially over Burrow, who has 2 years left. Jarren just seems like a future star, even if Burrow is more ready right now

Advertisement
The difference is if HJ transfers he'll have a year to sit out and get up to speed.

I agree college offenses are getting simpler, but it's still tough to come in, lead the team, and play at a high level with only a month of camp and facing a really good team in Week 1.

A lot of grad transfers have disappointed, which is why ones like Russell Wilson stick out. And I'd rather not risk losing Jarren especially over Burrow, who has 2 years left. Jarren just seems like a future star, even if Burrow is more ready right now

My Hunter Johnson point was in regards to all backups not being good - which is why they are backups. Sometimes it's a situation of circumstance, or injury.

It's a matter of thinking the grass is greener on the other side. It isn't. We have talented QBs. Everyone just miffed because there was a gap in recruiting QB's a few cycles ago that has given Rosier the opportunity to be the starting QB whereas he would not even be recruited to Miami under the current staff. That has ended. It takes time to develop talent. We will get to a point where guys will have to sit like Rosier. However, their talent level will be much higher than his. It already is.

It's plain to see what the staff's QB recruiting philosophy is. They are going to recruit top level QBs. They will all compete. Some will transfer. Others will wait in the pipeline, develop, and have their opportunity in their Junior year. In this pipeline, the QB will probably have 2 years as a starter. That's the environment Richt was in as a player. It's more of a challenge today because kids don't want to sit especially the one's with elite talent. By pipe lining the QB talent, it will all but guarantee that we have a knowledgeable difference maker year in and year out.

You have Perry, Weldon, Williams, and recruiting MJJ for 2019 cycle. All those guys will not be on the roster. I guarantee it. You may see 1 or 2 transferring at the end of the 2018 season depending on who wins the QB job. They all have P5 talent. As much as I don't like it, the best case scenario, for the long term of the program, is for Rosier to start every game in 2018. That way, there will be a competition for the starting job in 2019 between Perry, Weldon, Williams, and maybe MJJ that would last all the way into the 2019 Fall camp and season. If any of they younger QBs beats out Rosier this fall, the other 2 are probably going to transfer because your not going to waste time sitting behind a young QB for 3 years (A la Alabama,Georgia). That would leave only 1 QB plus the 2019 QB recruit on the roster. That would be a disaster. We would continue to have an up-and-down cycle of throwing young QB's. into the starting role. ****, that's why we're in this position now. Kaaya started as freshman. We didn't get a solid QB recruit until Jack Allison and he transferred. Now we have 3 young QBs behind Rosier. The same thing will happen if a young QB wins the job this year.

Or a de

I think jarren is the future. I’m nervous that Perry could be like Kenny kelly
Im confused. Kenny kelly wouldve been **** fine for us. His problem was injuries & more so baseball. Dont know if he wouldve done as good as dorsey for us but he wouldve been just fine & very capable.

Advertisement
Back