Joe Brady Interested in OC Job

Joe Burrow and that LSU offense were already trending way up by end of 2018 before Brady ever got there.

Last 4 games of 2018 for Burrow:

81-120/1,160 yards/68%/10 TD's-1 INT

Offense averaged 34.5 PPG in those games taking out the 72 points they scored on the wild OT game they lose at Texas A&M.

Advertisement
again, i'm not saying he's bad or that he will be bad

I'm just saying we should get someone more proven. he hasn't shown the ability to call plays at a high level.
Calling plays for 15-0 national championship team from the SEC. where the qb, who was not on any draft radar won the heisman and threw for 4000. Had 2 wr go for 1000+ and a 1k rb. He was there for one year and go take a look at before and after he left.

Yes he was the “pass game coordinator” but he revolutionized the pass game that LSU had never thought of. And he did specifically call red zone, third down, and other packages. And was the primary POC for burrow to make adjustments and go over in game changes.

How I know people here didn’t watch Lsu or Burrow before Brady arrived? Lmao.

Gtfoh
Not persuasive. He didn't call all of the plays at LSU, had perhaps the most talented offense in CFB history, and had a more seasoned play-caller/support staff to help him along. He implemented new concepts, but that doesn't make him a great game-day coach.

He then got a solo gig in the NFL and failed.

Did you watch any of those Carolina games?

You referring to Mullen's system? I have zero doubt the man has the acumen to realize he has a pocket passer on his hands. Doesn't worry me at all. He's a really good OC. Really good OC's tailor their system to their players attributes.
I agree to an extent, but Mullen also had Trask doing that, and its not like Trask was Tebow. Granted the numbers and productivity spoke for themselves. Part of me also probably has a strong bias with not wanting that whackjob near our program.

Joe Burrow and that LSU offense were already trending way up by end of 2018 before Brady ever got there.

Last 4 games:

81-120/1,160 yards/68%/10 TD's-1 INT
Very important point. Once Burrow settled in, he took off toward the end of the year.

Look at TVD. Was meh the first few games and then settled in and took off.

Advertisement
I’m starting to think some of these folks only watch Miami games. Lsu had been trying to find an offense and OC going back years. Going through them like toilet paper. Lsu fans were at the point of giving up it was so atrocious. Then Brady brought that Saints system to Baton Rouge and the rest is history.

What he did there was the equivalent of a DC showing up at OU and turning them into the ‘85 Bears his first season lol .
So, Brady gets a thumbs up from you?

Advertisement
Not persuasive. He didn't call all of the plays at LSU, had perhaps the most talented offense in CFB history, and had a more seasoned play-caller/support staff to help him along. He implemented new concepts, but that doesn't make him a great game-day coach.

Did you watch any of those games?
Most talented offense but was meh to awful years previous , one thing changed. Then when he left it went back to the same ole same ole. Lsu has always had arguably the most talented skill guys in the country. They just had idiots running the offense or antiquated systems.

I’m starting to think some of these folks only watch Miami games. Lsu had been trying to find an offense and OC going back years. Going through them like toilet paper. Lsu fans were at the point of giving up it was so atrocious. Then Brady brought that Saints system to Baton Rouge and the rest is history.

What he did there was the equivalent of a DC showing up at OU and turning them into the ‘85 Bears his first season lol .

It shook college football. Immediately got an NFL OC job after one year.

Made Burrow go from an after thought to a superstar.

Broke all types of offensive records.

Now some of these posters thinks its risky and Sumlin would kill it here, lol. This is the new ESPN era, everything's about the hot take.

Advertisement
what about this:

Frank Ponce: Co-OC and running game coordinator
Joe Brady: Co-OC and passing game coordinator and WR coach

Abso****inglutely not.

Mario was a great hire. Brady would be a great hire. But we don't have to assemble the South Florida All-Stars. Ponce is the odd man out when you're discussing national championship winning OCs, NFL coaches, record-breaking P5 coordinators, etc.

Let's put it this way. I'm not going to say we're Alabama, or anywhere close. But we're trying to allocate resources to get on their level, correct? That's what all this is about? Playing big boy football, creating a program that can compete for championships, yes? You think Nick Saban is calling Frank Ponce to call his plays? You don't hire Mario Cristobal, talk about knocking down high schools to build stadiums, poach championship ADs to hire Frank Ponce.

Did you watch any of those Carolina games?
Do your research on why he failed at Carolina, the relationship between him and Rhule soured quickly. Rhule is a ****, and wanted it his way or no way.

His name alone will draw recruits, and his 'pass-game' is elite.

Most talented offense but was meh to awful years previous , one thing changed. Then when he left it went back to the same ole same ole. Lsu has always had arguably the most talented skill guys in the country. They just had idiots running the offense or antiquated systems.
Burrow left and that's what collapsed the offense. They went from the #1 pick in the NFL draft and top QB ever to Max Johnson. They went from 2 first round receivers to 0. They went from the only 1st round RB taken that year to Chris Curry.

Brady absolutely modernized the offense. But the most important quality of a successful OC is his ability to call plays. Brady has not shown he can do that.

Advertisement
I think we're also jaded because of what we've had pre-Lashlee. But, it's pretty clear we now have a big boy coach and an influx of money. I can't imagine Mario, or anyone involved at this point, considering anyone that isn't highly regarded and proven. But, what do I know?

It shook college football. Immediately got an NFL OC job after one year.

Made Burrow go from an after thought to a superstar.

Broke all types of offensive records.

Now some of these posters thinks its risky and Sumlin would kill it here, lol. This is the new ESPN era, everything's about the hot take.
Dude Burrow was pushing his mid twenties and was still meh as **** before Brady. The change you saw was high level coaching , a new scheme and simplifying the game. Which made everything go. The proof is in the pudding and there’s no debating.

Briles
Herman
Brady
I can get with this

I wouldn't be ****ed with brady, my point is though that we can do much better. It's about winning, hiring people who "might be great" is amateur hour. time for briles, herman, mullen, etc. if they say no for sure get brady

Do your research on why he failed at Carolina, the relationship between him and Rhule soured quickly. Rhule is a ****, and wanted it his way or no way.

His name alone will draw recruits, and his 'pass-game' is elite.
I don't get the obsession with Rhule. Odd fit. He wanted to be a run heavy team and that is not Brady's forte. I wouldn't waste your time digging into why he failed at Carolina because that roster is not that great and add in awful QB's.

Advertisement
Back