Joe Brady Interested in OC Job

"Brady caught lighting in a bottle because he talented players."

Like LSU hasn't been wasting NFL players for years. Nobody put up the kind of numbers their 2019 team did and LSU has had a boatload of NFL players come through there.
then why aren't you asking for the LSU OC that year to be our OC?

he WAS the OC afterall and called 90% of the plays

i'm sure he made adjustments from the year prior that contributed to the jump in productivity. it's naive to think brady had more of an impact than the OC imo

Advertisement
then why aren't you asking for the LSU OC that year to be our OC?

he WAS the OC afterall and called 90% of the plays

i'm sure he made adjustments from the year prior that contributed to the jump in productivity. it's naive to think brady had more of an impact than the OC imo
The same reason no NFL team asked for him. Because everybody with a brain knows who the true architect of that offense was.

Well Burrow was there in 2018 with the same OC and threw 16 TDs on the whole year. Funny how he makes an exponential jump when they bring in a new passing game coordinator that apparently had no impact on that team's production.
you sound like you may be joe brady so let me clarify, he had a great impact

but he's never been a successful playcaller. PERIOD.

We have money, we're a top program. we need a good proven OC, not someone the message board fanboys love and adore because he helped gameplan a few years ago on an elite offense

Brady is a tough eval if you don't have access to take a deep dive on him. Some serious research needs to be done by Mario, et al.

It's easy to make a strong, strong exciting bull case for him, but there is mitigating information and rumors out there as well (couldn't get play calls in on time and other weird stuff from Carolina, has never been a successful OC before, etc.)

I am ok saying this one is above my pay grade lol. I'll happily sit back and enjoy seeing what Mario does.
He had one of the greatest collections of talent in history, as well as an old head calling plays and mentoring him. Small sample size of success with those caveats. Standing on his own, in the NFL, he failed. That, too, represents a small sample size with its own caveats. Impossible to know how good this guy would be.

I’d happily take him, preferably with a guy like Dorsey as QB coach, but he’s far from a certain home run.

Advertisement
"Brady caught lighting in a bottle because he talented players."

Like LSU hasn't been wasting NFL players for years. Nobody put up the kind of numbers their 2019 team did and LSU has had a boatload of NFL players come through there.
LSU never had that type of talent on offense. They've had talented receivers, o-linemen, and QBs, but never all at once, with that amount of quantity, and at that level.

Brady also had help from another coordinator and a huge support staff. He's subsequently failed at his first solo gig.

Briles/Mullen/etc. have never failed. I think Brady could be a great hire, but he could also fail to live up to expectations. There's a lot more uncertainty around him than other candidates who will undoubtedly produce top offenses.

i suspect LSU still would have won the natty without him

seriously-laugh.gif

you sound like you may be joe brady so let me clarify, he had a great impact

but he's never been a successful playcaller. PERIOD.

We have money, we're a top program. we need a good proven OC, not someone the message board fanboys love and adore because he helped gameplan a few years ago on an elite offense
To be fair - someone in the NFL wanted him. Granted, he was fired but there could be an argument as to why. I think people within the coaching world - who know way more than any of us - disagree with you.

Advertisement
To be fair - someone in the NFL wanted him. Granted, he was fired but there could be an argument as to why. I think people within the coaching world - who know way more than any of us - disagree with you.
again, i'm not saying he's bad or that he will be bad

I'm just saying we should get someone more proven. he hasn't shown the ability to call plays at a high level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
what about this:

Frank Ponce: Co-OC and running game coordinator
Joe Brady: Co-OC and passing game coordinator and WR coach

How I know people here didn’t watch Lsu or Burrow before Brady arrived? Lmao.

Gtfoh
and I can tell you didn't read the thread

they are leaning on 2019 to dispute our point that the dude has never been a successful OC and has never had sustained success calling plays

I'm sorry but arent' we now SERIOUS about football again and investing $$ into the program for elite coaches?

brady can be great, but he hasn't been, he failed in carolina, he was good as a passing game coordinator at LSU. let him go to a p5 school and kill as an OC then we can kick the tires

the big boy programs don't hire position coaches as first time OC's, they get proven people. That's the point I'm making,

he was mehhhh when we saw him in 18. the one year improvement from him was beyond insane. he literally put up an average season to the best season ever

I’m starting to think some of these folks only watch Miami games. Lsu had been trying to find an offense and OC going back years. Going through them like toilet paper. Lsu fans were at the point of giving up it was so atrocious. Then Brady brought that Saints system to Baton Rouge and the rest is history.

What he did there was the equivalent of a DC showing up at OU and turning them into the ‘85 Bears his first season lol .

Advertisement
Back