Joe Brady Interested in OC Job

Advertisement
Can someone explain how he got the Panthers OC job if his resume wasn't up to the standards of some of you on this board? Really confused
Rhule was a college HC

brought in phil snow a college DC at baylor

and Joe Brady, a college passing game coordinator that had never been an OC before

so to answer your question as a panthers fan, I have no f'ing idea what Rhule is thinking and it'll probably cost him his job in a month

I'd be behind it, but two things concern me: (1) if you watched that Burrow LSU team, he had all day to throw. Perfect pockets. Our OL really improved its pass-blocking this year, but it ain't 2019 LSU either. Can he excel without a dominant OL? (2) He had the steady, guiding hand of Ensminger, who's a vet and a pro. I'm always a little queasy of very young coordinators. They don't know what they don't know. LSU provided him an old-timer that theoretically could oversee maybe the elements of the offense that Brady isn't as familiar with. Like, I know the kid is supposedly a whiz in the passing game, but does he have the chops to also lead a strong, physical running game? I have no idea, but he likely won't have anyone here to divide the labor or allow him to focus on his strengths and pass his weaknesses onto someone else's eye.

Advertisement
Joe Brady is nothing but a scapegoat for Rhule imo. Panthers have no qb or oline, and it seems like Rhule is just hoping to buy himself some more time there. Brady has been a hot commodity for the past 2 years and highly thought of as a play caller, we would be crazy not to go after him
We would but he can likely get another NFL OC gig or a college HC gig so I'm not sure why he'd want to climb that far back down the ladder.

Ther search starts and stops with Brady. Look at how Darnold played to start the year. He has minimal NFL talent and it took a few weeks for teams to catch up to the offense. You can only change your scheme so many times with a back up QB starting and Darnold is nothing more then a back up. Cam is washed up

what do you guys think about a timeline here?

if i remember correctly, richt didn't hire assistants until like mid to late january

LSU's offense was great when he was there. Thats a great fit for TVD or Garcia. Likens is close with Lashlee, I could see him hired as OC at SMU.
I agree. The reason I said we should look to keep likens is for continuity. Plus his development of talent. He is a good recruiter as well

Advertisement
For those questioning Joe Brady after this year in Carolina.

His first year in Carolina (last year), the Panthers passing offense was 14th in the league at 6.6 net yards per attempt. Total offense was 17th in yards per play. That was with a pretty league average starting QB Teddy Bridgewater.

This year, he's got Sam Darnold and pride of the latest incarnation of the XFL PJ Walker...and yeah, the offense has ******* stunk. What do you expect with slop at QB?

Joe Brady doesn't stink as a playcaller. That is absurd.

The offense stinks...sure...but look at who the QB is...also, the Panthers are 5-7 after expecting to win the division and go to the playoffs. Someone has to die on the sword and I think we should really be on board with bringing him in. This is an almost outrageous turn of events during a wild week for Miami football. AD from Clemson, Mario Cristobal, and Joe f'n Brady? This is basically a dream scenario.

He's a very good WR coach - Mickey Joseph was a great recruiter, but Brady was a real star at developing WRs...he's incredible in pre-game prep...also really incorporates the QB into pre-game prep...he and Joe Burrow had an connection developing the offense.

Does he have some kinks he needs to work out as a playcaller...probably...but what I saw at LSU was incredible. Literally no one could stop that offense. No one even came close.

He's going to come here with Tyler Van Dyke and Jake Garcia...we already know one of those dudes can ball. We got some potential studs at WR...but an alpha hasn't quite emerged yet, but some will with Brady.

Y'all are overthinking this ****.
I say get Brady as OC/WR coach and Dorsey as co-OC/QB coach.

I'd be behind it, but two things concern me: (1) if you watched that Burrow LSU team, he had all day to throw. Perfect pockets. Our OL really improved its pass-blocking this year, but it ain't 2019 LSU either. Can he excel without a dominant OL? (2) He had the steady, guiding hand of Ensminger, who's a vet and a pro. I'm always a little queasy of very young coordinators. They don't know what they don't know. LSU provided him an old-timer that theoretically could oversee maybe the elements of the offense that Brady isn't as familiar with. Like, I know the kid is supposedly a whiz in the passing game, but does he have the chops to also lead a strong, physical running game? I have no idea, but he likely won't have anyone here to divide the labor or allow him to focus on his strengths and pass his weaknesses onto someone else's eye.
Soooo you think Ensminger is the key to that offense, he was there the year before and year after, what happened?! Many dont understand, Ensminger is a former alum, played QB at LSU, and basically a lifer on staff that their fans wanted FIRED but corch O personally protected him and wouldnt do it, lots of politics involved.. (kinda like Golden and donofrio or how we will have **** to pay to get rid of Mario or Maribal if we have to), LSU was stuck in Pro style purgatory and tried to bring in Matt Canada year before but they fired him and named Ensminger then he had a avg offense with all the same weapons and top reruits.. This "vet" and "pro" providing this guiding hand had fans with pitchforks when he was shutout 29-0 against bama where was the strong physical running game that only Ensminger can provide?! You say you have no idea, dont let these guys who have tried to slander Brady and give credit to ensminger, why he win no awards, get media attention, no NFL gigs, HC gigs?

Go from ZERO points against Bama to 46 next season, only change Brady comes in, Brady gets Broyles award, raises, NFL gig, nope, it was ensminger, Lol.. Come on man!

I think ken Dorsey is more proven! Brady is suspect, lots of hype, and got fired quick
Dont Fuck With Me GIF

Advertisement
His best player, the guy you build your offense around, goes out for most of the year. Then you lose your QB and have to play musical chairs after that. I am not putting much on what he did with the Panthers.
As someone that's watched every snap of Brady's tenure as OC, you should.

The NFL figured him out - it is what it is. Doesn't mean he can't successfully call plays in College with a talent advantage.

Rhule was a college HC

brought in phil snow a college DC at baylor

and Joe Brady, a college passing game coordinator that had never been an OC before

so to answer your question as a panthers fan, I have no f'ing idea what Rhule is thinking and it'll probably cost him his job in a month
Yeah, no, it won't.

Rhule is re-building a terrible roster - it takes time. Panthers fans have zero patience.

As or what he saw in Brady - he's admitted today that he went out of his comfort zone and tried to hire the next hot young thing, someone he had minimal experience with. It didn't work.

Advertisement
Yeah, no, it won't.

Rhule is re-building a terrible roster - it takes time. Panthers fans have zero patience.

As or what he saw in Brady - he's admitted today that he went out of his comfort zone and tried to hire the next hot young thing, someone he had minimal experience with. It didn't work.
well regardless of the roster, hiring 2 college coordinators (1 average DC, and 1 who was NEVER an OC) was an amateur move

Joe Brady is nothing but a scapegoat for Rhule imo. Panthers have no qb or oline, and it seems like Rhule is just hoping to buy himself some more time there. Brady has been a hot commodity for the past 2 years and highly thought of as a play caller, we would be crazy not to go after him

Advertisement
Back