Joe Brady Interested in OC Job

I LOVE Dorsey and would love to see him back here as our OC and maybe one day, HC, but...

If Brady is willing to give us at least 2 years, or one SPECTACULAR year that has a Cinderella ending, how do you not take him?

What he did with Burrow was historic. TVD way outplayed Burrow if you look at Joe the year BEFORE Brady coached him.

We've had some fun moments with Lashlee. Now, imagine what we would have with a Mirabol coached OL and all of the skill players we have coming back.

Advertisement
He has groomed 2 MVP.... Played QB at a winning program, and has been a QB coach for multiple years..
.....and he has still never called plays, lol. If we are bringing him in strictly for QB coach (which we wouldn’t), then sure! But ya’ll aren’t sick of hiring 1st timers yet? We have the money to get a big time guy, and ya’ll would be okay with this? If he wasn’t a cane, would you feel same way? Again, QB coach...cool. OC? No..

Advertisement
I have no idea if this "doesn't like to recruit" thing is true or not. But, as you point out, he would be recruiting QBs. If he doesn't like to recruit, and needs to recruit the most important position on the team, then there is a problem.

Brady made his reputation on a single season with Joe Burrow. Burrow was a transfer and I have no idea how that process actually worked. As you note, QBs often commit early, and schools have been working on them for a while before they do so. As Burrow transferred, and I know nothing about Brady's QB recruiting during his year at LSU, it may be that Brady has never actually recruited a college QB.

Here is the thing, there is alot of player movement in the NFL these days....as a coach, NFL, college and even high school, you better want to recruit a position that, as you noted, is the most important in football. If you can't even bring yourself to recruit that position, then football coaching is not a good profession for ya.

Advertisement
.....and he has still never called plays, lol. If we are bringing him in strictly for QB coach (which we wouldn’t), then sure! But ya’ll aren’t sick of hiring 1st timers yet? We have the money to get a big time guy, and ya’ll would be okay with this? If he wasn’t a cane, would you feel same way? Again, QB coach...cool. OC? No..

If I wasn't a Cane I'd be definitely happy about an NFL QB coach who helped 2 different QBs at 2 different franchises improve. We could give him the Co-OC title/responsibility and still hire Joe Brady (he's a former WR and WR Coach not QB).

For those questioning Joe Brady after this year in Carolina.

His first year in Carolina (last year), the Panthers passing offense was 14th in the league at 6.6 net yards per attempt. Total offense was 17th in yards per play. That was with a pretty league average starting QB Teddy Bridgewater.

This year, he's got Sam Darnold and pride of the latest incarnation of the XFL PJ Walker...and yeah, the offense has ******* stunk. What do you expect with slop at QB?

Joe Brady doesn't stink as a playcaller. That is absurd.

The offense stinks...sure...but look at who the QB is...also, the Panthers are 5-7 after expecting to win the division and go to the playoffs. Someone has to die on the sword and I think we should really be on board with bringing him in. This is an almost outrageous turn of events during a wild week for Miami football. AD from Clemson, Mario Cristobal, and Joe f'n Brady? This is basically a dream scenario.

He's a very good WR coach - Mickey Joseph was a great recruiter, but Brady was a real star at developing WRs...he's incredible in pre-game prep...also really incorporates the QB into pre-game prep...he and Joe Burrow had an connection developing the offense.

Does he have some kinks he needs to work out as a playcaller...probably...but what I saw at LSU was incredible. Literally no one could stop that offense. No one even came close.

He's going to come here with Tyler Van Dyke and Jake Garcia...we already know one of those dudes can ball. We got some potential studs at WR...but an alpha hasn't quite emerged yet, but some will with Brady.

Y'all are overthinking this ****.

Advertisement
All this money and I've seen Dorsey, Hurtt and Kevin Patrick already. We can't help ourselves.

Why was he fired? I feel that is significant in considering his abilities.
Bad rep with Rhule. Even though Rhule hand picked this guy...Rhule had a different perspective on what he wanted to offense to do.

Brady wants to let his QB be a gunslinger and Rhule wanted to be run heavy. Honestly Lashlee even wanted to be a run first type of guy.

We need a much stronger OL, but Brady would probably flourish with the personnel we currently have.

Didn’t read all pages. Why him? He didn’t call plays at LSU and look what happened in Charlotte.
He did call half of plays and basically took over as LSU became a passing team...Joe Burrow as an average college QB at best...then with Brady taking over Burrow turned into one of the greatest seasons for a college QB and a landslide Heisman winner and national champion...then #1 overall NFL pick..

Burrow said many times that Brady was the reason for his and LSU success

Advertisement
I have no idea if this "doesn't like to recruit" thing is true or not. But, as you point out, he would be recruiting QBs. If he doesn't like to recruit, and needs to recruit the most important position on the team, then there is a problem.

Brady made his reputation on a single season with Joe Burrow. Burrow was a transfer and I have no idea how that process actually worked. As you note, QBs often commit early, and schools have been working on them for a while before they do so. As Burrow transferred, and I know nothing about Brady's QB recruiting during his year at LSU, it may be that Brady has never actually recruited a college QB.
He was WR coach at LSU so we would need to hire a QB coach.

If I wasn't a Cane I'd be definitely happy about an NFL QB coach who helped 2 different QBs at 2 different franchises improve. We could give him the Co-OC title/responsibility and still hire Joe Brady (he's a former WR and WR Coach not QB).

As long as he isn’t calling plays, then I’m good!

For those questioning Joe Brady after this year in Carolina.

His first year in Carolina (last year), the Panthers passing offense was 14th in the league at 6.6 net yards per attempt. Total offense was 17th in yards per play. That was with a pretty league average starting QB Teddy Bridgewater.

This year, he's got Sam Darnold and pride of the latest incarnation of the XFL PJ Walker...and yeah, the offense has ******* stunk. What do you expect with slop at QB?

Joe Brady doesn't stink as a playcaller. That is absurd.

The offense stinks...sure...but look at who the QB is...also, the Panthers are 5-7 after expecting to win the division and go to the playoffs. Someone has to die on the sword and I think we should really be on board with bringing him in. This is an almost outrageous turn of events during a wild week for Miami football. AD from Clemson, Mario Cristobal, and Joe f'n Brady? This is basically a dream scenario.

He's a very good WR coach - Mickey Joseph was a great recruiter, but Brady was a real star at developing WRs...he's incredible in pre-game prep...also really incorporates the QB into pre-game prep...he and Joe Burrow had an connection developing the offense.

Does he have some kinks he needs to work out as a playcaller...probably...but what I saw at LSU was incredible. Literally no one could stop that offense. No one even came close.

He's going to come here with Tyler Van Dyke and Jake Garcia...we already know one of those dudes can ball. We got some potential studs at WR...but an alpha hasn't quite emerged yet, but some will with Brady.

Y'all are overthinking this ****.
Money post! Hit the nail right on the head.

As usual, our fan base is trying to over complicate matters. If he wants to come, you definitely hire him. With TVD, Garcia, and the rest of our weapons, we might be breaking records.

Advertisement
Back