Joe Brady Interested in OC Job

Advertisement
dorsey is a risk but i feel better about him after his work under daboll/with josh allen in buffalo. i wouldn't *hate* it, and he could end up being a great hire, but there are better options, including brady imo.

How much recruiting would he have to do an OC? Most of the OCs, especially those coaching their QBs recruit very little with the exception at QB, with which they will be working with every day, and that position is usually recruited early in recruiting cycle.
I have no idea if this "doesn't like to recruit" thing is true or not. But, as you point out, he would be recruiting QBs. If he doesn't like to recruit, and needs to recruit the most important position on the team, then there is a problem.

Brady made his reputation on a single season with Joe Burrow. Burrow was a transfer and I have no idea how that process actually worked. As you note, QBs often commit early, and schools have been working on them for a while before they do so. As Burrow transferred, and I know nothing about Brady's QB recruiting during his year at LSU, it may be that Brady has never actually recruited a college QB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wait a minute. Are people on this thread arguing that we are not interested in Joe Brady because of how he performed with the Panthers? With their garbage quarterbacks? After what he did for LSU?
Joe Brady is absolutely worth an interview and serious consideration.
I can see Brady doing what he did with burrow with Van Dimes. Also he can bring some Sean Payton concepts here

Advertisement
I think ken Dorsey is more proven! Brady is suspect, lots of hype, and got fired quick
Dorsey is more proven at developing QBs which is 80% of the game. Hit me with it, but Dorsey as co-OC with a proven OC with prior experience OCing wouldn’t have me mad. Not saying Likens but a guy like that.

Advertisement
So they give the big budget to hire a legit OC and we still got people wanting a guy(Dorsey) that will need to learn on the job how to call plays. Makes no sense. Joe Brady won a Natty with his O in LSU. He made Burrows go from OSU back up and transfer to Heisman winner and first pick in the draft, but he isn’t the real deal? We Cane fans can be crazy but please stop with the learn on the fly guys. If Dorsey comes to coach QBs I would love it, to call plays. No thanks.

Shut your ***** mouth
Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

So they give the big budget to hire a legit OC and we still got people wanting a guy(Dorsey) that will need to learn on the job how to call plays. Makes no sense. Joe Brady won a Natty with his O in LSU. He made Burrows go from OSU back up and transfer to Heisman winner and first pick in the draft, but he isn’t the real deal? We Cane fans can be crazy but please stop with the learn on the fly guys. If Dorsey comes to coach QBs I would love it, to call plays. No thanks.
Agreed. The money is there to NOT HAVE TO TAKE RISKS! I like experience. We don’t need him to win a **** Super Bowl! We need him to fucc up NCAA defenses. Has he done that before? Yes! We need him to help win us #6. Has he helped a team win a NCAA title? Yes. Why are we lobbying for anyone else?

I get Brady called plays at Carolina but y'all do realize he is like 30 years old, was only passing game coordinator and WR Coach for LSU (Steve Ensminger was the OC calling plays)

I am not against Brady at all, hard to succeed at Carolina with that lineup but lets see what is out there with the money we have like you said.

Advertisement
Back