Jobe Info

Jane usher

Band
Banned
IMG_4327.jpg

Anyone ?

Advertisement
MIAMI, Fla. – Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz spoke with Columbus junior cornerback Josh Jobe on Signing Day for the 2017 class.

Miami cornerback commit Josh Jobe is now a Top100 prospect. (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)
The two had a good conversation for about 10 minutes with Diaz already placing an emphasis on landing premier 2018 corners.

“We have an eye on the 2018 class, which is outstanding at (cornerback),” Diaz said.

Jobe, a four-star prospect according to 247Sports, verbally committed to Miami in June, but will go through the recruiting process as other schools, particularly Alabama, vie for his services.

“Miami is Miami,” Jobe said. “It’s still my hometown and everything, but I still have to do what’s best for me. “

Jobe is looking to attend a different school for his senior year because he will not be eligible to play for Columbus per FHSAA age restriction rules. Jobe will turn 19 years old in April making him ineligible.

“I haven’t decided yet (on my plans), but it will be announced soon,” Jobe said. “It’s a business decision. I’m doing what’s best for me.”

He will be visiting Creshire (Conn.) Academy later this month and depending on how the visit goes, Jobe could be headed to the Northeast.

However, Jobe (6-1, 180) is still enrolled at Columbus for the spring semester and plans to participate in spring football.

“Right now he’s a man child,” Columbus head coach Chris Merritt said. “Physically he’s so well developed and he comes from some pretty good DNA. He’s got one brother (Jonathan Holton) who was playing basketball at West Virginia and the other brother (Johnny Holton) who’s with the Raiders.

“He is a very gifted athlete. This is one of those times where I’m going to tell you I thought my secondary last year was comparable to here if you think about it. I think the sky’s the limit for Josh. I don’t think he’s a corner, I think he’s a safety. I think he’s a close to Deon Bush, but probably a little bit more physically developed than Deon was at this point in his life, but very similar.”

Jobe was at Columbus’ signing day ceremony watching seniors Trajan Bandy (Miami), Christopher Henderson (Florida), and Marcelo Rodriguez (Southern Miss) sign with their respective schools.

“This is very important for them in their lives to college,” Jobe said. “They just have to pick the best for them.”

MIAMI, Fla. – Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz spoke with Columbus junior cornerback Josh Jobe on Signing Day for the 2017 class.

Miami cornerback commit Josh Jobe is now a Top100 prospect. (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)
The two had a good conversation for about 10 minutes with Diaz already placing an emphasis on landing premier 2018 corners.

“We have an eye on the 2018 class, which is outstanding at (cornerback),” Diaz said.

Jobe, a four-star prospect according to 247Sports, verbally committed to Miami in June, but will go through the recruiting process as other schools, particularly Alabama, vie for his services.

“Miami is Miami,” Jobe said. “It’s still my hometown and everything, but I still have to do what’s best for me."

He gone.

Stopped reading after "business decision."

That is the new kiss of death. Eerily similar to the "dream school" line we used to read about.

Not following this kids recruitment closely until January of 2018.

Advertisement
Stopped reading after "business decision."

That is the new kiss of death. Eerily similar to the "dream school" line we used to read about.

Not following this kids recruitment closely until January of 2018.

i think he meant for picking a new HS

“Miami is Miami,” Jobe said. “It’s still my hometown and everything, but I still have to do what’s best for me. “

lol... **** a verbal commitment doesnt mean squat to so many of these sofla kids...... im not saying he's gone, but I put that as a 50/50 chance he sticks with his "commitment".

Jesus man, I graduated high school at 17 and this dude will graduate when he's 20??!!!?? I guess "Hooked on Phonics" didn't work for him

Another "business decision" "I gotta do what's best for me" guy wearing Alabaga gloves during his games. Looks good for us.

Looks like Diaz needs to be more involved in recruiting the 2018 guys. Dude's a dog.

Advertisement
Another "business decision" "I gotta do what's best for me" guy wearing Alabaga gloves during his games. Looks good for us.

Looks like Diaz needs to be more involved in recruiting the 2018 guys. Dude's a dog.

Sounds eerily familiar

Advertisement
Gators just hired JaJuan Seider.

They are going all in.

Seider is as dirty as they come. Doc Holliday deciple.

Toof realizes his career is over if he doesn't start making it rain. in Dade.

They are comin for everyone in SFLA. Let's see if Rick can hold off the dogs.

I would be willing to bet just about anything that this kid inks with Bama. Sucks too. Hes a freakin monster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back