Joaquin wants all the smoke

Advertisement
I mentioned fan dissatisfaction above. I agree that it exists.

The year-to-year swings related to donations and revenue, however? No impact. Like it or not, you can add up all the $100 contributions by fans, all the $400 season tickets by people who will actually cancel, and it is dwarfed by the fact that the Golden Canes are going to contribute every year no matter what (same thing is true at nearly every P5 school).

Sure, if a big money booster with actual interest and impact threatens to pull money...there might be something there, but Miami has really not had such boosters.

Look, if we could ever manage the overall fan coordination and unified action that COULD make a monetary impact, MAYBE it would accomplish something. But with all of our banners and billboard trucks, we've never managed to impact the decisions. Butch survived the banner. Blake and Manny survived the billboard truck. Golden was going to be fired regardless of banners.
Oh yea.. there’s never going to be a boycot big enough for them to feel it in their wallet. The Uni ABSOLUTELY Cares about revenue, but still, not enough fans won’t buy tix to matter.

I would argue that if anything, that missing revenue just encourages them to keep expenditures from ballooning. The opposite of what the boycott people want .

Not saying that Joaquin isn't correct but I really don't understand what good former players bashing staffs on social media does

I don't either. It's a bad look for current players and recruits and overall a bad look for a program "family". That stuff should be kept in-house. If he wants to make comments about poor play and adjustments that's fine but taking it to this level seems a bit excessive.

I don't either. It's a bad look for current players and recruits and overall a bad look for a program "family". That stuff should be kept in-house. If he wants to make comments about poor play and adjustments that's fine but taking it to this level seems a bit excessive.
I'll take brutal honesty over the Don Bailey reach around. Jaoquin cares.

Advertisement
Oh yea.. there’s never going to be a boycot big enough for them to feel it in their wallet. The Uni ABSOLUTELY Cares about revenue, but still, not enough fans won’t buy tix to matter.

I would argue that if anything, that missing revenue just encourages them to keep expenditures from ballooning. The opposite of what the boycott people want .
Administrators everywhere care about one thing almost exclusively - their social standing and ego sensibility. This is a universal truth. It’s why banners are so effective. They draw unwarranted attention and scrutiny to things the Administration prefers to ignore. Money doesn’t much matter to most of them. They spend gobs and gobs of other people’s money on everything. There are a couple people required to add it all up but the administrators view that as other peoples’ problem. What really motivates them is when they’re associated with embarrassment. When someone asks them why their program is in the news and why fans are flying banners. Then, their attitude switches from ‘ignore and sweep under the rug’ to ‘this sucks, change it.’

I'll take brutal honesty over the Don Bailey reach around. Jaoquin cares.
Honesty is good. No issues with that. It’s not always what you say but how you say it. That’s all.

Pro locker room and coaching stuff typically stays in house. When it doesn’t it usually leads to trouble, it rots. I want certain coaches gone as well but we won’t get other top coaches with a culture that tears things down publicly.

Advertisement
I wish all the old guard would raise a stink with how this program is being run....I have to think that most of them are big donors to the school so them as a whole and in an uproar would have to be taken seriously.
In an avenue other than social media like 14 year old girls....

He has enough stroke to have real conversations.

It also comes across as protecting Ed and Gonzalez probably likes our CB coach who can’t recruit...

Advertisement
Unfortunately, they're pretty awful at evaluating replacements. They're all part of the Booch Brigade. And most of them wanted Coker hired.
I think context is really lost when people say that... It wasn't at all that we wanted COKER persay. What we spoke up about was the fact we knew we were stacked and we knew we had a system we were gonna win big with IMMEDIATELY. So what we didn't want, was a coach coming in (when I say this I mean barry alvarez in particular) & changing everything up and starting a completely new system. Coker in this instance was what we knew was gonna leave things exactly how they were and we'd get our chapionship. Hindsight being what it is the man tore down our program due to negligence and stupidity. But what we were thinking was one hundred percent accurate. We should've had multiple championships in a row. For me now that trade off isn't worth it but that was the goal.

I think context is really lost when people say that... It wasn't at all that we wanted COKER persay. What we spoke up about was the fact we knew we were stacked and we knew we had a system we were gonna win big with IMMEDIATELY. So what we didn't want, was a coach coming in (when I say this I mean barry alvarez in particular) & changing everything up and starting a completely new system. Coker in this instance was what we knew was gonna leave things exactly how they were and we'd get our chapionship. Hindsight being what it is the man tore down our program due to negligence and stupidity. But what we were thinking was one hundred percent accurate. We should've had multiple championships in a row. For me now that trade off isn't worth it but that was the goal.
I’ll take the results from your team’s decision to fight for Coker, we can’t argue the results. In all honesty, this current train wreck could’ve been fixed a long time ago!

Administrators everywhere care about one thing almost exclusively - their social standing and ego sensibility. This is a universal truth. It’s why banners are so effective. They draw unwarranted attention and scrutiny to things the Administration prefers to ignore. Money doesn’t much matter to most of them. They spend gobs and gobs of other people’s money on everything. There are a couple people required to add it all up but the administrators view that as other peoples’ problem. What really motivates them is when they’re associated with embarrassment. When someone asks them why their program is in the news and why fans are flying banners. Then, their attitude switches from ‘ignore and sweep under the rug’ to ‘this sucks, change it.’
If UM didn’t care about its image they wouldn’t have a communications dept with a marketing budget.

Advertisement
In an avenue other than social media like 14 year old girls....

He has enough stroke to have real conversations.

It also comes across as protecting Ed and Gonzalez probably likes our CB coach who can’t recruit...
That's what i meant.I'm not talking about throwing barbs on twitter..

Advertisement
Back