Joaquin wants all the smoke

Advertisement
15 years of a bad product does this. It’s 2020, and after Coker, Randy, Golden, Richt and now Diaz, Miami is coming off arguably the worst loss in its history and another bowl loss. The idiots in charge are repeating history with their mistakes. Fans are angry, and rightfully so. Fans who complain about “mopes” shouldn’t go online after that season ending disaster. What else do you expect?
There's a difference between someone who's disappointed about the ****** performance and is tired of seeing stupid move after stupid move and someone who does nothing but whine and complain about everything.

Look at early signing day. We signed all 21 players as expected. That's objectively good news to any Canes fan. Yet there were still people whose first response was to say it wouldn't matter as long as we have this staff. Those people aren't fans. They're trolls.

Check the timestamp. Apparently Ed is in Mannys ear but Manny isnt listening.

Great, we hired Ed Reed who has no influence. Wtf is he chief of staff then?

Ed Reed is not a chief of staff by any professional understanding of what that role really does in adult-run organizations.

This isn't to say his presence is totally lost, I'm glad he is there.

Again, he is not a chief of staff.

Advertisement
There's a difference between someone who's disappointed about the ****** performance and is tired of seeing stupid move after stupid move and someone who does nothing but whine and complain about everything.

Look at early signing day. We signed all 21 players as expected. That's objectively good news to any Canes fan. Yet there were still people whose first response was to say it wouldn't matter as long as we have this staff. Those people aren't fans. They're trolls.
Respectfully Disagree. There are multiple parts that we have to excel at. We excelled at recruiting. We didn’t on defense (embarrassingly). Why shouldn’t fans demand excellence in all parts? Labeling them trolls is going too far. If my kids pick up two As and an F on their report card, they can rest assured that the conversation we will be having won’t be praising them for the As.

I actually appreciate I lot of your posts. But this totally has a “ when I went to Harvard “ feel to it.

No it doesn't.

Joaquin is a part of the Miami Hurricanes family. He has no interest in slamming his family all day every day. He can be critical with his comments, but he realizes that non-stop negativity will not be productive, nor will it fix the problems.

Respectfully Disagree. There are multiple parts that we have to excel at. We excelled at recruiting. We didn’t on defense (embarrassingly). Why shouldn’t fans demand excellence in all parts? Labeling them trolls is going too far. If my kids pick up two As and an F on their report card, they can rest assured that the conversation we will be having won’t be praising them for the As.
Is your response to every single thing your kid says and does bashing him for that F?

Advertisement
One of the BOT gave an interview after Richt retired, and he spoke about fan dissatisfaction and pressure and how is part of the calculus. It was posted back then, but I’d have no idea where to find it.

I mentioned fan dissatisfaction above. I agree that it exists.

The year-to-year swings related to donations and revenue, however? No impact. Like it or not, you can add up all the $100 contributions by fans, all the $400 season tickets by people who will actually cancel, and it is dwarfed by the fact that the Golden Canes are going to contribute every year no matter what (same thing is true at nearly every P5 school).

Sure, if a big money booster with actual interest and impact threatens to pull money...there might be something there, but Miami has really not had such boosters.

Look, if we could ever manage the overall fan coordination and unified action that COULD make a monetary impact, MAYBE it would accomplish something. But with all of our banners and billboard trucks, we've never managed to impact the decisions. Butch survived the banner. Blake and Manny survived the billboard truck. Golden was going to be fired regardless of banners.

The year-to-year swings related to donations and revenue, however? No impact. Like it or not, you can add up all the $100 contributions by fans, all the $400 season tickets by people who will actually cancel, and it is dwarfed by the fact that the Golden Canes are going to contribute every year no matter what (same thing is true at nearly every P5 school).

Sure, if a big money booster with actual interest and impact threatens to pull money...there might be something there, but Miami has really not had such boosters.

Look, if we could ever manage the overall fan coordination and unified action that COULD make a monetary impact, MAYBE it would accomplish something. But with all of our banners and billboard trucks, we've never managed to impact the decisions. Butch survived the banner. Blake and Manny survived the billboard truck. Golden was going to be fired regardless of banners.
yeah, but the billboard truck guy kept selling out of empanadas on his daily runs. At least he made out ok.

Advertisement
Unlike the non-alum mopes on this site, Joaquin is not posting/tweeting anti-UM negativity all day every day.
200 (2).gif

Is your response to every single thing your kid says and does bashing him for that F?
It’s response to you claiming anyone who bashes Miami for the poor defense being a troll. It was a pretty clear response. Not sure you’re trying to deflect to the very clear metaphor included.

Maybe one day you will step off the “Anyone who complains that we should excel in every part is not a true Cane” wagon. I doubt it. Your crew rears up about year three of every coach since Randy Shannon. I’m not surprised at all you’d be making the “not real fans” comments at the end of year two of Diaz.

Advertisement

Not only did Butch survive the Banner...he wiped his *** with it...

What does it say about Manuela that his first staff included Penos and Baker. He couldn't have hired worse coordinators if they paid him extra money to purposely run the program into the ground.

It looks like he got OC correct the second time around, but **** it if he doesn't part ways with his redneck homeboy Blake, he'll eventually be toast.

It’s response to you claiming anyone who bashes Miami for the poor defense being a troll. It was a pretty clear response. Not sure you’re trying to deflect to the very clear metaphor included.

Maybe one day you will step off the “Anyone who complains that we should excel in every part is not a true Cane” wagon. I doubt it. Your crew rears up about year three of every coach since Randy Shannon. I’m not surprised at all you’d be making the “not real fans” comments at the end of year two of Diaz.
This is what I wrote. It very clearly isn't calling all complainers trolls.

Nobody wants to hear people bytch all the time.

Advertisement
Back