Joaquin wants all the smoke

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You want them to listen? It starts with your pockets. When donations, ticket sales, apparel sales, etc., go down, or better yet, stop, they listen.

This has, literally, never happened at UM. There has never been a year when the UM President and BOT listened and took action due to reduced donations, ticket sales, and apparel sales.

I'm fine with people trying that approach, I'm just pointing out there is absolutely no history of it impacting our athletic program in terms of making changes.

I get it; 2001 is not coming back. That very may well be a once in a generation event that we may never see again.

But **** it, just because we aren't going to have half the team be perennial NFL starters, doesn't mean we should settle for the **** show we've witnessed for the past fifteen years. Build us a team and program we can be proud of; that don't go on Twitter crying about fans making fun of them because they can't catch a ball that hits them right in the hands.

This has, literally, never happened at UM. There has never been a year when the UM President and BOT listened and took action due to reduced donations, ticket sales, and apparel sales.

I'm fine with people trying that approach, I'm just pointing out there is absolutely no history of it impacting our athletic program in terms of making changes.
This I agree with. UM has all the money it cares to have with some bowl revenue and ACC money every year.

Advertisement

The University of Miami is a private business. The Athletic Department is its own business. You can’t run a business and not prioritize maximizing all possible profits, if you do, then you’re in deep ****. Miami doesn’t have the luxury to ignore too many losses.

During the Golden and Shannon years, a lot of donors stopped and/or threatened their contributions towards the program. Enough to get the attention of important people and move the needle. I know this for a fact. At the end, money talks and bull**** walks.

s
The University of Miami is a private business. The Athletic Department is its own business. You can’t run a business and not prioritize maximizing all possible profits, if you do, then you’re in deep ****. Miami doesn’t have the luxury to ignore too many losses.

During the Golden and Shannon years, a lot of donors stopped and/or threatened their contributions towards the program. Enough to get the attention of important people and move the needle. I know this for a fact. At the end, money talks and bull**** walks.

Bullsh!te.

You can spew business school generalities all you'd like, but Miami didn't fire Shannon or Golden because of donors threatening to pull donations, nor due to ticket sales.

The losses added up. And the fans certainly complained. But the donations never stopped and the tickets continued to sell.

Advertisement
This was his response to SMD tweeting the DVD to USU news.

Thats Good Patrick Stewart GIF

Advertisement
Back