JJ Weaver OV set

Last I heard he’s going to Purdue that’s what a high school coach from another team told me but that was a month ago. When I see the coach again I’ll bring JJ up and see if anything has changed.....Don’t think I’m some source either moving forward I don’t know **** lol

Would be pretty insane if Purdue was able to pull off ending up with Karlaftis and Weaver in one class.

With that said, I'd love to add this guy to our class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a coworker whose son plays for Moore. Saw this thread yesterday so I asked my guy what he knows about Weaver. He seems **** confident this kid won’t be playing high school ball this year due to his age eligibility. Don’t know the kid or his situation but just coming from that program most would be behind the 8 ball in terms of academics,discipline, and technique. Keep them resources down south and pass on this kid jmo

giphy.gif

I have a coworker whose son plays for Moore. Saw this thread yesterday so I asked my guy what he knows about Weaver. He seems **** confident this kid won’t be playing high school ball this year due to his age eligibility. Don’t know the kid or his situation but just coming from that program most would be behind the 8 ball in terms of academics,discipline, and technique. Keep them resources down south and pass on this kid jmo

Didn't he just transfer there before his junior year or was it earlier than that?

Yo just saw this get scheduled today, for Oct 5th, FSU game. Cat passes the eye test and since our staff has him as a high priority I am sure he's a solid player. I would love to hear some of the better evaluators on our board share some light on what JJ Weaver brings and what you all think of him compared to our other DL targets and commits. I'll hang up and listen lol.

(Also if anyone can find Junior Year film please share, thanks)

Great frame and athletic. I hope Simpson is a great teacher when it comes to technique and hand placement bc JJ will need to work on those areas religiously...I guess we can say that about most kids right?

In my head...he's a typical underrated 3 star south Florida kid whose playing in Kentucky whose now a 4 star.

Advertisement
Definitely not thinking of his father, so I must be fcuked. What year was his freshman year?

Edit: OK just looked it up. This is his actual senior year, so no wonder I thought that. He’s a redshirt junior, and let’s say for some reason he blows it out this year then we shouldn’t expect him next year. I’m not saying that’s what’s going to happen, but that’s an outside possibility. His first year was 2015. He’s already been in school for four years at the end of the season.

Bro, the 2018 season is his RS Junior year. He still has one more year of eligibility after the 2018 season.

Man go away...ain't no body passing on this kid bc of your bigotry toward a certain school. I am proof positive that the staff is vetting his academics, discipline, & technique.

Advertisement
Man go away...ain't no body passing on this kid bc of your bigotry toward a certain school. I am proof positive that the staff is vetting his academics, discipline, & technique.

If I ask somebody that personally knows him and they kids hang with each other and he don’t vouch for him that says something. **** a 30 minute call with a coach when a mf interacts with a kid almost every other day, I’m gonna take his word on it. That on top of being at a **** program just ain’t a good look especially if you coming up to KY to recruit the kid. I didn’t tell anybody on our staff not to recruit the kid I just gave my opinion on a message board get out your feelings g lol

If I ask somebody that personally knows him and they kids hang with each other and he don’t vouch for him that says something. **** a 30 minute call with a coach when a mf interacts with a kid almost every other day, I’m gonna take his word on it. That on top of being at a **** program just ain’t a good look especially if you coming up to KY to recruit the kid. I didn’t tell anybody on our staff not to recruit the kid I just gave my opinion on a message board get out your feelings g lol
You know he’s originially from Broward County right?

He could be right but it’s 3rd hand information at best my dude & I just take into account that the kid is a Florida boy..he’s 954 to the death..so I tend to think he’s just a different type of cat than what they’re used to so he might rub them a bit wrong. Florida boys are wired a bit differently.

I just don’t take much stock into words of other kids. If he can’t play up there..I’m sure IMG will take him down here. I’m sure our coaches can arrange that.

Advertisement
You know he’s originially from Broward County right?

Yes but it’s still resources being used on a recruit across the country nonetheless even though it’s not a bad flight. Idk where he is on the big board bc at the end of the day that’s the biggest factor but limited face-to-face with coaches and campus visits is just a reality of his recruiting process since he lives in Louisville.

He could be right but it’s 3rd hand information at best my dude & I just take into account that the kid is a Florida boy..he’s 954 to the death..so I tend to think he’s just a different type of cat than what they’re used to so he might rub them a bit wrong. Florida boys are wired a bit differently.

I just don’t take much stock into words of other kids. If he can’t play up there..I’m sure IMG will take him down here. I’m sure our coaches can arrange that.

My guy played college ball and used to coach as well so we always talking ball. He tells me the knucklehead stuff his son does and what the staff allows them to get away with over there.

I don’t have a dog in the fight man I just want Miami on top. **** I was excited to ask the homie what’s up and put the U in his ear bc we all see the kid has the physical tools. We in a passing league next month with Moore so I will see for myself if he is playing or not.

You could be right on the Florida thing though lol FLA boys do stay in some ish up here but it’s all love though I’m willing to guess **** near 30% or more of the cats playing college ball in KY come from there. I know it felt like our whole WKU team was from down there when we had Taggart and Petrino as HC.

Bro, the 2018 season is his RS Junior year. He still has one more year of eligibility after the 2018 season.

I know. So he could play one more year as a fifth year senior in 2019. I was just saying if he goes crazy and has a blowout year as an edge rusher, like does something insane like have 15 sacks, he’s gone. Just a crazy thought.

Advertisement
Back