JJ Weaver OV set

PittsburghCane

Redshirt Freshman
Yo just saw this get scheduled today, for Oct 5th, FSU game. Cat passes the eye test and since our staff has him as a high priority I am sure he's a solid player. I would love to hear some of the better evaluators on our board share some light on what JJ Weaver brings and what you all think of him compared to our other DL targets and commits. I'll hang up and listen lol.

(Also if anyone can find Junior Year film please share, thanks)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dudes size and frame is crazy , I’d like to see how well he moves and what kinda athlete he is

He's a legit 6'6 240lbs, I posted his offer back in February.

He's actually a Broward county boy that moved to Kentucky, don't think he went to High School in Florida though.

I like him as a prospect, I had Jahfari Harvey & Dorien Josey ahead of him as the 2nd DE in this class. But, I would take him later in the year if things get fishy with Bogle, can't teach that kind of size & length.

Advertisement

He's actually a Broward county boy that moved to Kentucky, don't think he went to High School in Florida though.

I like him as a prospect, I had Jahfari Harvey & Dorien Josey ahead of him as the 2nd DE in this class. But, I would take him later in the year if things get fishy with Bogle, can't teach that kind of size & length.

I absolutely love Josey, freak athlete with great frame and size. I love former b-ball players.

It’s scary how good he’ll be, kid put up crazy numbers being pretty new to the sport.

That’s getting by on pure raw ability.

Advertisement
Is josey a take?
Depends on how things workout with Bogle imo.

If we get Bogle, I believe Josey's spot was more than likely taken by Harvey. If we miss on Bogle then Josey probably becomes a higher priority.

If we take 3/4 DE's this class then you try to get them all, **** I would love to have all 3 but not sure how realistic that is.

Last edited:
We need 4 DEs and 2 to EE if only to field a full D for the Spring game next year! In case many on here have forgotten..2019 DE depth chart going into the Spring...

Jonathan Garvin
Gregory Rousseau
Scott Patchan

That's it.
Agreed. I think we need 4 pure DE's. Cam Williams and Harvey are a great start. Then go all out for Bogle/Summerall. If we whiff on 1 or both, get Josey/Weaver.

Advertisement

On one side I say wait on Bogle. On the other I say take a quality prospect like Weaver who can also possibly evolve into a DE/DT if he's already 240 at 6'6". I don't know what Bogle will do, but I do know he doesn't make you feel confident he's coming, being a local.

You hold a spot for Bogle but if this kid wants in then you take him now. That’ll give us 3 quality DEs and then we go all in on Bogle as the 4th. I would also scour the JUCO ranks for someone physically ready.

Advertisement
Back