Chantz Williams
Jaelan Phillips
Greg Rousseau
Harvey
Cam Williams
Possibly Garvin
Romello Height

Right now we're looking pretty Good at DE
One thing that strikes me, IF gravin leaves, we will be playing a ton of inexperienced players, Have to give some snaps to the young guys, even the ones who will redshirt.

I can see Garvin leaving early. He will probably test very well, has some good tape and I saw a tweet a few days back saying he's getting pressures, so I can definitely see him bolting to the NFL, especially because I don't think he's getting any better here.

One thing that strikes me, IF gravin leaves, we will be playing a ton of inexperienced players, Have to give some snaps to the young guys, even the ones who will redshirt.

Jaelen Phillips has played in 10 games and Patchan is coming back for a sixth year. Add in Rousseau, and we're both deep and experienced.

Advertisement
Jaelen Phillips has played in 10 games and Patchan is coming back for a sixth year. Add in Rousseau, and we're both deep and experienced.
Phillips is a ? We can't seriously count on him balling here, at leaast I don't, definitely worth the gamble, but not a sure thing.
Patchan is not a starting level player here.
Rosseau has one position on lock, but even then we will have to see how he develops during this year.

Phillips is a ? We can't seriously count on him balling here, at leaast I don't, definitely worth the gamble, but not a sure thing.
Patchan is not a starting level player here.
Rosseau has one position on lock, but even then we will have to see how he develops during this year.
Phillips can play. Dude really flashed his freshmen year. His problem has been injuries.

Advertisement
Scott Patchan will be back, fo whatever that's worth. The coaches should be able to tell before the end of the season if Garvin plans to leave, if he does they need to look for a grad transfer who can come in and play right away. Rousseau, Phillips, Harvey, with all the freshmans: Height, and both Williams, is not gonna cut it.
Dude patchan needs to give it a rest like come on bro realize u dont have it and just become a grad assistant if anything

Phillips can play. Dude really flashed his freshmen year. His problem has been injuries.
Exactly, it's not "just" injuries. He can be the best player ever if he can't play it doesn't matter.
Again worth the gamble, just saying it would be good to not pencil him as a impactful player before he is cleared to play

Advertisement
Garvin leaving would be a mistake. Maybe he needs the money for himself and family which I can understand. Unfortunately for him, he’s not more than a 5th rd pick, perhaps 4th rd. Either way, no guarantee money unless you go top three rounds...anyway, take out a $5mm insurance policy for one year and come back would be my advice.

I wouldn't worry too much with experience at the DE position. Safety and LB are where experience is really needed and shows the most. There really isn't much a D-End has to know scheme wise and they could probably teach it all to them in 30 minutes.

I wouldn't worry too much with experience at the DE position. Safety and LB are where experience is really needed and shows the most. There really isn't much a D-End has to know scheme wise and they could probably teach it all to them in 30 minutes.
Mostly run fits. Young DE struggle with that in college. But I get your point.

Advertisement
Back