Jimmy Johnson

MetiSkeemz

Junior
Heard from Brett Romberg on the Ticket this morning that at some point in recent history JJ called Our current coaching staff to offer a bit of insight and never got his call returned. Romberg stated that the staff is so set on this scheme they won't hear ANYONE else.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
bdavis03.jpg

Advertisement
These clueless mother****ers think they're too good to answer Jimmy Johnson's call???? JIMMY JOHNSON???

Get these ****ers out of my sight.

Yeah he could be giving Folden advice how to get a rise for his chick. And not just No D. Smh tho

Jimmy-Johnson-_-Miami-1.jpg

I've almost forgotten what it's like to witness a coach who develops talent properly. A no nonsense coach who will get in your face when you mess up, and make you respect him so much you'll play your heart out for him. These coaches are jokes man. I'm tired of seeing that moron clapping on the sidelines when our D gives up a chunk of yardage or a score. Every one talks about thugs, but when I think about thugs I think players who won't take **** from anyone. That's why people hated us so much in the heydays because we made sure people respected us and we didn't ask for anything we took it.

Advertisement
**** twice in two days?!?1 Thats cray!

But seriously, I just can't believe this is real. This would be sinking to a whole new level of low. Despite it seeming true, Golden isn't a complete moron. His scheme might be retarded, but I do not believe he is dumb enough to do that to a University of Miami legend like JJ.

Golden is an arrogant prick who always thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.

He probably doesn't think he needs any help.

Advertisement
Jimmy Johnson was asked how do u stop the option awhile back..... He said.... "have better players". I loved that statement for years... But now... We have better players than tech and got butt ****ed..... Jimmy didn't know how great a coach he was

Last edited by a moderator:
Al golden is a failure. I hope the heat continues to turn up on this ******* moron and his butt buddy. He want to play stubborn...see how he likes his feet held to the fire each and every week.

Hope he has a mental break down and quits. AG can probably get some kind of lower level gig as an assistant coaching second string punters. Dorito should never be allowed to coach again. That mother ****** should be relegated to assistant junior equipment manager, responsible for measuring guys for their jocks

Advertisement
Jimmy Johnson was asked how do u stop the option awhile back..... He said.... "have better players". I loved that statement for years... But now... We have better players than tech and for but ****ed..... Jimmy didn't know how great a coach he was

Jimmy knew very well. That's the problem. He was more than honest in that statement, because he was at Oklahoma State while Switzer was at Oklahoma and Osborne was at Nebraska. Jimmy knew who had the better talent then, and he was well aware when it reversed. He loved it when it reversed because he held the cards, while the conventional wisdom was Oklahoma should prevail.

As I mentioned last night, Jimmy Johnson is a curse word on Miami Dolphin sites. I still like the guy but bottom line he ran away once he was late in his career and he couldn't stand that the Colts in the same division had superior skill position talent in Manning, James and Harrison that he couldn't threaten to match. It reminded him of his Oklahoma State days only this time there was nowhere to run. He actually made several frustrated comments during that period, that in the NFL to become great you have to be terrible for several years (premium draft picks).

Al Golden hadn't lost to Georgia Tech at Miami and had success against Navy's option while at Temple. So while we are desperate to whine at anything right now, it makes no sense to bring a former coach into the fold for some advice. As reported here often, the Canes apparently work on the option throughout the year in limited doses. Maybe Golden should have been courteous and listened briefly but I'm unaware of a similar situation in which an old coach plays an active role in strategy.

If Jimmy wants to help recruit defensive tackles, I'm all for it.

Honestly I love what Jimmy did but he can either get off his couch or be quiet to be honest he isn't helping anyone by commenting from his fishing boat. He always used to snipe the dolphins from his vacation home then when he got the job he didn't do **** except embarass himself, the miami dolphins, dan marino, and the city of miami then run out of town.....again.

He's fielding the worst defense in Canes history, commandeering a sinking ship and he thinks he's too good and too smart to turn down a phone call from a national championship and 2 time super bowl winning coach?

If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about Golden, nothing will.

Advertisement
Back