Jimmy Johnson

You

Dennis Erickson 2005 UM HOF!
For some odd reason, I cannot find Butch! There has to be a mistake in the UM Hall of Fame records. Butch is a combo of Lombardi, Stagg, Belichek, Noll, Coach Nick and every other great coach in football history and he is so highly regarded in UM circles that he has never had an interview for the Open HC position here since he got out of dodge. I wonder why????
Wrong....I know for a fact that Butch had more than one interview at UM since 2000...Dont even go there...Lol...

Advertisement
Drove to NO from Atlanta for that game, what a nightmare that game was, having to hear Roll Tide every 2 minutes, I still have nightmares

Same here, I was there, and the entire game sucked. I can't dispute that Alabama was easily the better team - our O-line was always going to struggle against the defensive line they had. But I still think they could have at least made a better game out of it if the entire team had taken the game seriously.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I posted this a few yrs ago, and thought I'd post again...These are JJ's own words to then UM DC Tom Olivadotti in a very Heated exchange shortly after Shnellenberger left UM about the Superiority of the 4-3 D...vs the 3-4 D....(When I met JJ during a trip to the Keys, I asked him if this was true and accurate, and he laughed and said it was)
"Quote"....Look *******, the Selmon Bros were AAs in an Upfield Pressure Def at Oklahoma, while you were coaching at some place called Salesianum Prep School in F*cking Delaware. Did you ever happen to wonder who might have thought up the Oklahoma Upfield pressure Defense that got the Football worlds attention?, all the way to Salesianum Prep in F*cking Delaware??.....
ME...Thats who....The Point is...my Scheme, with the right talent to execute it, can disrupt ANY Offense...Now, I know you believe otherwise...and I couldn't care less....We WILL be running a 4-3, regardless of what you, or anyone else thinks....
Olivadotti quit shortly afterwords....Talk about Savage......My favorite UM HC ever...(with Butch a close 2nd)
Jimmy is the Fücking GOAT!

Jimmy is the Fücking GOAT!
The Makers Of 2 Dynasties....

Erickson brought a ton of innovative offensive concepts to the U, especially the change to the one back.

He was criticized big time, until it blew up.

He pioneered it, then pretty much perfected it here. He was a great offensive mind.

Erickson brought a ton of innovative offensive concepts to the U, especially the change to the one back.

He was criticized big time, until it blew up.

He pioneered it, then pretty much perfected it here. He was a great offensive mind.

That 3.2 beer really fvcked him off at Utah, but he had some advanced concepts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I posted this a few yrs ago, and thought I'd post again...These are JJ's own words to then UM DC Tom Olivadotti in a very Heated exchange shortly after Shnellenberger left UM about the Superiority of the 4-3 D...vs the 3-4 D....(When I met JJ during a trip to the Keys, I asked him if this was true and accurate, and he laughed and said it was)
"Quote"....Look *******, the Selmon Bros were AAs in an Upfield Pressure Def at Oklahoma, while you were coaching at some place called Salesianum Prep School in F*cking Delaware. Did you ever happen to wonder who might have thought up the Oklahoma Upfield pressure Defense that got the Football worlds attention?, all the way to Salesianum Prep in F*cking Delaware??.....
ME...Thats who....The Point is...my Scheme, with the right talent to execute it, can disrupt ANY Offense...Now, I know you believe otherwise...and I couldn't care less....We WILL be running a 4-3, regardless of what you, or anyone else thinks....
Olivadotti quit shortly afterwords....Talk about Savage......My favorite UM HC ever...(with Butch a close 2nd)

Barry Switzer & Pete Carroll have joined him as NCAA title winners & Super Bowl winners but Barry won w/ JJ's Cowboys & Pete is closer (than Barry) but still no where near the All Time great JJ was. Jimmy ABSOLUTELY deserves to be in the PFHOF. He revolutionized the game and was doing Belichick things before Belichick became The Hoodie. Truly 1 of the greatest coaches of all time.

Two strange guys posting on this thread. One pretending he is one of our former coaches. The other guy is an old groupie cook that posts about all the former Cane coaches and players he knew. Wow, off season getting more and more weird.

Two strange guys posting on this thread. One pretending he is one of our former coaches. The other guy is an old groupie cook that posts about all the former Cane coaches and players he knew. Wow, off season getting more and more weird.
If ya don't like it Faqquit...dont read it Puzzy

Barry Switzer & Pete Carroll have joined him as NCAA title winners & Super Bowl winners but Barry won w/ JJ's Cowboys & Pete is closer (than Barry) but still no where near the All Time great JJ was. Jimmy ABSOLUTELY deserves to be in the PFHOF. He revolutionized the game and was doing Belichick things before Belichick became The Hoodie. Truly 1 of the greatest coaches of all time.

Agreed. Although I’d give Carroll uber credit for what he did at USC and Seattle. Two brain farts costs him a NC vs Texas and a SB vs New England. Consecutive NCs and SBs.

Advertisement
Back