Jimmy Gaines

As bad as he his, Cain is like 5 times worse.

He stands out as a ****** linebacker on an awful linebacking core.

Advertisement
FWIW, our fans do a good job writing off true FR and So who are just playing in their first years. Some of our best players this year, Jacory, Streeter, JoJo, were written off a long time ago.

Gaines had a nice stick on a 3rd and 1 yesterday.

He has a long way to go but I'm not writing off this kid yet.

That was a huge play at a time in the game we needed it. Diego is right, it's not fair to right these kids off yet.

That was a huge play at a time in the game we needed it. Diego is right, it's not fair to right these kids off yet.

I don't think the OP was saying that he will forever be a bad player, he's saying that he looks like a bad, bad player right now. And he's right.

Advertisement
I think he's out of position. If we ever transition into a primarily solid zone defense, and Jimmy works on his flexibility, he can be a contributor at SLB.

This is a tangent but my biggest problem with our defense is how soft they hit. Gaines is guilty of this...as is pretty much everybody, besides Perryman and Chickillo. These guys are just passive. They aren't out there to end guys.

I think you have to feel like you got a team to back you up to lower the boom. Look at the Fins ever since that defense got red hot and hasn't allowed a TD in 12 quarters the DB/LB have been crunching people.

Advertisement
Back