Jimbo rumor

Advertisement
[TWEET]936221409336061954[/TWEET]

Wow, the world is just strange. On what planet is the freaking Texas A&M job better than the FSU job? I get that they're likely going to overpay at a record amount but is the money that good to go there and lose to Alabama and LSU every season? Things must have REALLY gone off the rails this season in Tally beyond even what we saw on the field.

On the planet where Money talks. TAMU is floating in oil cash for facilities, coaches salaries, etc., and with deep pocket donors; FSU is a pauper in comparison.

Charlie Strong or Fuente would be big problems at FSU.

I don't want to see either of those guys at FSU.

I hope and pray it's taggert

It would be good for us short-term, but FSU is still a giant SEC-like state school with tons of resources. We're only fooling ourselves if we think they are going to be down for many years. With a decent coach hire, they have the ability to turn it around in a hurry. We need to fully take advantage of this opportunity to grab a stronger recruiting foothold in Florida relative to FSU and UF. Which I believe we are doing.

Funny though, if I was told at the beginning of this season that Jimbo would be gone on November 30, no way would I have believed it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There are some good reasons for him to chose T A&M

The AD and Jimbo date back to his LSU days, great relationship
The Houston hospital has special treatment for their child with a disease
Jimbo does not get along well with current FSU AD and others

and $$$$$$$$$

Wow, the world is just strange. On what planet is the freaking Texas A&M job better than the FSU job? I get that they're likely going to overpay at a record amount but is the money that good to go there and lose to Alabama and LSU every season? Things must have REALLY gone off the rails this season in Tally beyond even what we saw on the field.

I agree it may seem strange, but we are talking about a significant amount of cash here likely 2+mil a year, in a raise that is. Throw in the financial resources to get anything you ask for as well as what seems to be a seriously toxic environment now at FSU and it's not surprising. He basically has to leave now, he's lost the fanbase, admin and recruits are bailing...what a beautiful thing!!

The salary aside I have heard/seen it discussed the son's illness and proximity to good care in Houston being a factor. Also, the rumor of a private jet on demand for the son to transport back and forth to treatments/hospitals is being floated.

Advertisement
Other than that, Jimbo has to do it now because playing Clemson, Miami and Florida on an annual basis means more 9-3 or worse records. This is his chance to make all that $$$ before people realize how much of a fraud he really is now that Miami and FL programs will be very good again. As much as it pains me to say it, Mullen is a very good hire for UF. If he didn't fall in second place when Miami hired Golden, the Canes would have been significant again over 6 years a go.

It would be good for us short-term, but FSU is still a giant SEC-like state school with tons of resources. We're only fooling ourselves if we think they are going to be down for many years. With a decent coach hire, they have the ability to turn it around in a hurry. We need to fully take advantage of this opportunity to grab a stronger recruiting foothold in Florida relative to FSU and UF. Which I believe we are doing.

Funny though, if I was told at the beginning of this season that Jimbo would be gone on November 30, no way would I have believed it.

It doesn't matter if fsu goes down. We are the element that matters. We are coming back and that mean they are in trouble along with everyone else. Our gravitation pull is greater than either noles or gator.

I hope and pray it's taggert

I'd be thrilled if either guy replaced Jimbo at Tally.

Outside of Saban or Meyer taking the job (not happening), I'm not remotely concerned about their replacement.

Advertisement
might sound crazy but i dont think Jimbo ever loved being FSU coach. he had some success but there have always been rumors.

The world in which he does not have to play a reborn Miami every year. Jimbo's market value probably peaked last year but this is final chance to cash out. This is not Bobby's fsu. The noles expect to win not come in close behind Miami. Beating noles in Tally was a huge thing this year. That win lifted the Canes out of the muck. No good cane come that for the noles. It was leave now or get fired in 2 or 3 years.

he recruited very well but i dont think people realized how much dalvin cook masked his coaching. that kid single-handily bailed them out in numerous games.

Advertisement
I laugh at those who say that schools themselves produce top winning programs. WRONG! In today's world it is coaches that produce winning programs. Mike Shula coached at the same place as Nick Saban. Urban Meyer coached at the same place as McSharker. JJ and Golden sat in the same campus..............FSU is no better than UF, UGa, UA, UCLA, Texas. Unless it lands a winner as a head coach it will just be another power five school in the southeast.................Taggert and Strong-not afraid.

We have a winning head coach and will now enjoy the fruits of that great hire! Go Canes!!!!!!

WRONG. We're now the problem for everyone else, not the other way around.

QzJhukW.jpg

I laugh at those who say that schools themselves produce top winning programs. WRONG! In today's world it is coaches that produce winning programs. Mike Shula coached at the same place as Nick Saban. Urban Meyer coached at the same place as McSharker. JJ and Golden sat in the same campus..............FSU is no better than UF, UGa, UA, UCLA, Texas. Unless it lands a winner as a head coach it will just be another power five school in the southeast.................Taggert and Strong-not afraid.

We have a winning head coach and will now enjoy the fruits of that great hire! Go Canes!!!!!!

Bingo, same goes for facilities, cash and attendance. If all those things were the reason you won/win then Michigan, Tenn and * St would be undefeated every year.

Richt to FSU & Uif....
gif.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back