Jimbo Fisher - Texas' Top Target

I don't care how it happens but i just want Jimbo gone. He has a great record against us.

Advertisement
I never used to think Jimbo was an outstanding coach, somewhat above average at best. Prior to this year, his teams seemed to be OK, but not exceptional. But their performance this year makes me think that maybe I underestimated him. This team is a lot more than just Winston, as good as he is. So now, I don't know about Jimbo.

Weak post, maybe, but, all in all, I am surprised that Texas would offer him so much money at this point.

Advertisement
It's not just the salary, it's unlimited resources. He can put together the 25 person staff Saban has in Alabama...he can pay assistants whatever he wants. FSU is pretty stingy on the asst coach salaries. They don't even have the same level of resources UF has, much less what Texas has.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1721944 said:
Coach coley got him winston. He couldn't win **** before getting him

No Coach Craig (Bama recruiter got FSU Winston) he even said so in speech tonight.

I don't care how it happens but i just want Jimbo gone. He has a great record against us.

That is a weak freaking excuse. Do you know Auburn was **** until Saban arrived at Bama? Now they have won a BCSCG and are in another one.

Stop being a communist and embrace a challenge. That is Golden's goal he has to beat Jimbo.

Jimbo owns Miami.

A lot of people own Miami right, unfortunately. Outside of Paul Johnson at GT, we have struggled against most teams we play on a yearly basis. Since joining the ACC:

FSU 3-7
VT 3-7
UVA 4-6
UNC 5-5
GT 6-4 (won last 5)

Last edited:
Advertisement
First of all FSU doesn't have the money they must raise it privately. If Texas wants Jimbo he's theirs period and FSU offered a raise fearing Texas.

First of all FSU doesn't have the money they must raise it privately. If Texas wants Jimbo he's theirs period and FSU offered a raise fearing Texas.

I doubt Fisher is leaving up there. He has that team in beast mode. Finally has his players and I do not seeing anyone in the ACC beating them for years to come. With the new playoff, they will be competing in that. We need to recruit like he does if we want to get back. We are all about glitz and glimmer, they are about big tough football players.

Advertisement
Jimbo didn't recruit or develop Winston. He gets no credit for that. Him going out and getting a stud QB in a QB driven game means he gets no credit for placing his team in the title game.

The **** is wrong with some of you?

Jimbo didn't recruit or develop Winston. He gets no credit for that. Him going out and getting a stud QB in a QB driven game means he gets no credit for placing his team in the title game.

The **** is wrong with some of you?

See also: Brad Kaaya/Kevin Olsen, re: Golden/getting credit

Advertisement
Back